• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
HItIN1A.gif

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I think that was Abby a couple years ago. Never came through on stream from what I saw, and I watch damn near all their content during E3.

Just funny to me that it would bother anyone. GB has been drinking on stream since day 0.

It was a joke about Bakalar always looking high. Certainly he has never actually appeared on a stream while high >_>

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019
Let's be honest, this is the least hype console reveal year in history. The big 2 have new consoles and information is all over the place and we don't know how and when the reveal will be held.

E3 had it's problems, but it was awesome to tune in for a weekend and enjoy the hype surrounding new games, especially with new consoles on the horizon.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
It seems like a lot of this can be recreated, especially if Publishers have a coordinated effort of having their digital events fall roughly around the same time frame.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It was a joke about Bakalar always looking high. Certainly he has never actually appeared on a stream while high >_>

As for having a problem with weed, I don't; I love weed, but I don't like media featuring people who are high unless that's the bit (e.g. Snoop Dogg). However, I like listening to sober people while being high myself. It is what it is.
Joke

Me.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I could see them recreating this with local talent, and possibly call-in. Some aspects may be rougher through screen interaction rather than in person, but there's enough history and rapport there that can carry through.

Aug 27, 2018
this is definitely the worst part for me, I don't even really care too much about E3 anymore but I love watching Giant Bomb's night shows that entire week.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's a disappointment for sure, but at least they're safe(er) not going.

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
I mean, we'll STILL be able to watch them cover whatever streaming press events/digital announcement/shows that companies put on. But yes it is a sad day there will be no E3 Nights this year :(

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Giantbomb needs to just steam a live feed of the convention center or their couch with Lockdown playing for the entire duration of the cancelled show.

And release a new t-shirt for FLEE3

Phionoxx

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Yeah these shows are always the highlight of E3 for me. It might be possible to recreate some of the nightly show structure through virtual means, but it wouldn't be the same without everyone being there co-located. Safety concerns have to come first though.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They might not get guests there in person but my god, we have the internet. I'm sure they could make it pretty seamless. It wouldn't be that same cool relaxed atmosphere but I'm sure the casual chat could work pretty close if they were video conferencing.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
I'm really bummed over this.

They might not get guests there in person but my god, we have the internet. I'm sure they could make it pretty seamless. It wouldn't be that same cool relaxed atmosphere but I'm sure the casual chat could work pretty close if they were video conferencing.

But will Xavier Woods and Tim Schafer be able to get into a captivating Jenga match?

ClC84jPUYAE93I0.jpg

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
The night shows absolutely felt like a gaming "holiday" (GDQ being the only other thing coming close), it's a hell of a bummer.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they figure out a way to do something remotely, even though it'll be nothing close to those nightly shows. I think that was some of their main traffic to the site, too.

methodiczero

Oct 27, 2017
San Diego
I didn't even think of this and it breaks my heart now that I have. Of ALL the things that I look forward to during E3, their reporting, interviews and all around general buffoonery is always at the top of my list. These are sad times we live in, folks...... sad time, indeed

Oct 27, 2017
It really is a lockdown.

"E3 is over...in the books...but we're still here!" Who would have thought this would be the case - on March 11th.

I remember when Giant Bomb did the GDC streams too.

At least games are coming.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
Easy allies live reactions are the big loss for me. I suppose we still could get those and the nightly GB show in a different way though

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
Is there a way for them to interview someone from nintendo like Bowser or Jim Ryan from Sony. How come there has never been an interview with anyone high up from the other two platforms.