• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tomakasatnav

Oct 27, 2017
TOKYO
2.jpg

No one with Monkey Island 2 already?

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
You know, that scene that makes your jaw drop and wonder what's next, or WTF just happened?
Or the one that you know you're going to be waiting 2, 3, or 5 years to see what's next?

MGS
VkxRwbA.jpg

This was my first introduction to a teaser in a videogame, and it stuck with me a long time as an example of how to do it right.
MGS had a double punch credits scene, where it's revealed there is a third Snake - Solidus.
The real clincher is that he is the President of the U.S, and orchestrated much of the plot of the game.
Resolved in: 3 years, in MGS2.
That was just ass-pull nonsense. It's not a cliffhanger or a twist, there's nothing building up to it or hints as to a greater mystery.

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
Castlevania:Lords of Shadow.
That ending had me fucking hyped. Although, in retrospect, what seemed like a great jumping off point turned out not to be such a great place to pick back up. Not the way the Devs did it anyway.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Sorry, but NOTHING can beat The Conduit 2

NOTHING

It is even better because the chances of a conduit 3 of never happening because they could never top the expectations by that ending
220px-Conduit-2-Boxart.png

I didn't play 2, but the ending instantly came to mind. Like how can it not?
Wow, I remember the games, but never played them. Why can't we get remakes of these along with a third game? I know it's not a well-known IP, but they totally sound like a campaign I'd play through.

Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom Hearts always has hype cliffhangers.
KH1's Deep Dive with Riku vs Roxas (sadly Americans had to wait until 358/2 Days to see that, while Japan got it in IIFM)
Both of KH2's endings (standard and Final Mix) setting up Birth by Sleep. I still remember when people claimed this was Kingdom Hearts III (more like Kingdom Hearts Zero).
Birth by Sleep didn't have one at first, but Final Mix added one for beating the Secret Episode. Sadly, a lot of it was cut (though the basic premise was eventually followed up on in 0.2)
Dream Drop Distance revealing that Kairi will be fighting. Unfortunately this one didn't pan out well and it required a whole lot of complaining for Nomura to make her playable in the final boss of the DLC (at least she'll be getting a game).
And of course III, hoo boy so many there. The Foretellers return, Xigbar is really Luxu, Sora shows up in Shibuya, and Yozora isn't just a video game character.. Then ReMind comes in and is all Remember Versus XIII? Also Luxord is more important than you realize.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just recapped TellTalle Walking Dead Season 1, after you shoot Lee and you see Clementine in a field scared and she spots two people in the field.

That final shot:

lsc1Byd.jpg

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
God of War 2 was perfection with God of War 3 as a follow up. There will probably never be anything like that again.