• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
You know, that scene that makes your jaw drop and wonder what's next, or WTF just happened?
Or the one that you know you're going to be waiting 2, 3, or 5 years to see what's next?

MGS
VkxRwbA.jpg

This was my first introduction to a teaser in a videogame, and it stuck with me a long time as an example of how to do it right.
MGS had a double punch credits scene, where it's revealed there is a third Snake - Solidus.
The real clincher is that he is the President of the U.S, and orchestrated much of the plot of the game.
Resolved in: 3 years, in MGS2.

MGS2
gCECifI.jpg

For me this is the start of Kojima's descent into M. Night Shyamalan levels of plot twists.
The Wisemen's Committee - the shadowy orchestrators of The Patriots - have been dead for 100 years.
Resolved in: 3 years partially in MGS3, 7 years to the full explanation in MGS4.

Halo 2
f2RkPo7.jpg

So much anger with this one, to the point where it soured the franchise for me.
After arriving back to Earth to fight the Covenant, the game ends with the Chief saying "Finishing the fight".
It was never supposed to be this way, but they ran out of time to make the game.

This Is How 'Halo 2' Was Supposed To End

Former Bungie composer Marty O'Donnell shines some light on how 'Halo 2' was originally going to end.
Resolved in: 3 years.

Last edited:

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Sorry, but NOTHING can beat The Conduit 2

NOTHING

It is even better because the chances of a conduit 3 of never happening because they could never top the expectations by that ending

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I don't mind cliffhangers when the story completely concludes and it's just a tease for a new chapter. Comics and comic movies do it all the time. I just have an issue when the arc is incomplete, like Halo 2.

Alanood

Oct 27, 2017
Trails in The Sky FC? Can't really think of another one, wish I had better memory :x

Last edited:

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom Hearts lives and thrives on teasing. The OG one blew my mind and made me so hyped when I first saw it online

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Prince of Persia 2008

You literally release the God of Darkness into the world to save Elika.
Resolved in: 12 years and counting... :(

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
I really think the other side of a cliffhanger has to be a payoff that meets expectations, so a lot of the games that had massive cliffhangers are kinda worthless to me.

Antydotes

One Winged Slayer
Dec 3, 2017
I wouldn't say the biggest or best, but I am still waiting for Sly 4 and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn ending's to be expanded on/resolved.

Spoilers for both games:
Sly's "disappearance" and psynergy vortexes.

KmA

Oct 27, 2017
Virtues Last Reward had a fucking great one... Then it turned out the entire final segment of the game was non canon

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, but NOTHING can beat The Conduit 2

NOTHING

It is even better because the chances of a conduit 3 of never happening because they could never top the expectations by that ending
I haven't played that game and even I would list it here lol. That ending was fucking nuts.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Deep Dive, KH Final Mix is about as epic and hype inducing as it gets. You know you watched that on repeat back in the day before KH2 came out.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
I will openly admit I am the only one in this history of existence who thought Halo 2s ending was badass and awesome.

So many goosebumps followed by one of the better end credits songs/graphics.

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
And far away, on the distant planet of Char, Kerrigan, the self-styled Queen of Blades, knew that the time of her ascension was at hand.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Nothing beats Freespace 2. The one ship the GTVA threw everything it had at to destroy was just one of hundreds in the Shivan armada. Add to it those ships were so powerful they could blow up and entire star system. And then finally the GTVA had the means to reconnect with Earth space.

I yearn for a sequel. Ohh how I wish we could get another Freespace. 21 years and nothing has come close.

Look! The Pie!

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing comes close to Trails in the Sky: First Chapter. If you got to the end and didn't immediately want to jump into the sequel, I don't know what to say to you.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
I wouldn't say they're the best but the biggest for me have been mentioned.

Halo 2 and Half-Life 2. Both stick with me to this day.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Not familiar with the series, so with that in mind, what's the ending?

The Conduit is a franchise of FPSs with 2 games with considerable serious story that starts with you trying to stop terrorists but discover that an alien invasion. The "conduit" that name the series are portals that aliens use to deploy the attacks. Through the game you get a few alien tech for yourself.
The plot of the game features lots of serious conspiracy like shit.

At the ending, an orb calls for the biggest alien ship ever seen to stop being dormant and start coming in direction of earth. And then, a conduit opens where you can seen lots of people coming out wearing the alien tech you use that say they will help you in the upcoming battle against the aliens.
The 2 people who speak are George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. In alien battle armor.

You can see the actual cinematic in wrexis post but it is basically a somewhat serious game that ends in arbaham lincoln in battle armor telling you that he will help you battling aliens.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Assassin's Creed II and AC: Brotherhood.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The Conduit is a franchise of FPSs with 2 games with considerable serious story that starts with you trying to stop terrorists but discover that an alien invasion. The "conduit" that name the series are portals that aliens use to deploy the attacks. Through the game you get a few alien tech for yourself.
The plot of the game features lots of serious conspiracy like shit.

At the ending, an orb calls for the biggest alien ship ever seen to stop being dormant and start coming in direction of earth. And then, a conduit opens where you can seen lots of people coming out wearing the alien tech you use that say they will help you in the upcoming battle against the aliens.
The 2 people who speak are George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. In alien battle armor.

You can see the actual cinematic in wrexis post but it is basically a somewhat serious game that ends in arbaham lincoln in battle armor telling you that he will help you battling aliens.
Lol that's Awsome! Thx for the detailed explanation.

Jan 4, 2018
These insane cliffhangers at the end of Quantum Break, Prey, Alien Isolation and Deus Ex Mankind Divided. We will never know the truth and that's a tragedy.

Last edited: