• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017

The edited trailer starts at 17:12 but I recommend watching the whole video because there are details I haven't even seen, and you may have also not seen.

Last edited:

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Oh, even with the second half or your title, I thought this was a new BOTW 2 trailer and was going to be like, "Out of nowhere." But uh, this seems interesting, too. I guess.

Apr 26, 2020
You know this is the first time i noticed that in the bridge scene. Zelda and Link are trying to get the Beast over the little gap, but it refuses. Cant believe i havent zoom in before...

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i'm really curious how that cutscene is going to play out in the game. are you going to that location with zelda or is it just going to be a memory/flashback/whatever?

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019
The first really satisfactory analysis of this teaser. His breakdown makes a lot of sense.

Let's hope we'll get more info on the game soon - it's already been a year since this teaser xD.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Holy shit, that was awsome... best analysis Video I,ve seen so far.
I think this will be the best "new" Detail or Thing we will see fron BotW 2 I reckon...

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
I thought the trailer was made of different cutscenes mixed together

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I respect the passion and dedication that goes into poring over every last minute detail of a few minute trailer ... but won't all of this be rendered useless when we get more information from Nintendo? I get that the thirst is there ... but I don't think that going Pepe Silvia has ever resulted in gaining more real information.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty good breakdown.

It's obvious that a lot is missing from that part of the game, though, the actual cutscene will obviously be much longer with much more detail and explanation of what's going on. Although not complete explanation, of course, I think we'll be filling in a lot of the historical gaps throughout gameplay like we did with the first game.

Which I still need to finish, dammit.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I respect the passion and dedication that goes into poring over every last minute detail of a few minute trailer ... but won't all of this be rendered useless when we get more information from Nintendo? I get that the thirst is there ... but I don't think that going Pepe Silvia has ever resulted in gaining more real information.
I mean gamexplain has done this for years and they get some stuff right and some wrong. It doesn't hurt to try.

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Wow what an amazing analysis really. It really helps the trailer make sense, and it puts it in a way that is a lot better than other analysis videos.

We are still learning new things about Breath of the Wild. So.... It's to be expected we are still learning new things about the trailer 2 years later

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
If you accept this analysis as is I think it can be argued it also reveals one of the new gameplay mechanics Link will have to either purge or seal malice in enemy units and corrupted constructs.

At least we'll have another tool that isn't subject to weapon durability :p

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very nice. I somehow missed that the hand was actually saving Zelda and Links life because of an earthquake. Now the trailer makes complete sense to me. That's why the seal had to break, so that the hand could save Link and Zelda.

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
This was great. It hurts knowing we could've got more at E3
I know. I think they are probably planning for March 2021. If that's the case, then we will probably see a new trailer in December or something like that. I really want to see a bit of gameplay. I can't wait to see what the Switch can do, untethered to the Wii U.