• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Whoppers or Maltesers

• Whoppers

Votes: 51 24.1%
  • Maltesers

Votes: 161 75.9%

• Total voters

H2Yo

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
images

images

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
How many people will even have tasted both?

anyway its Maltesers. Also before we start, the only correct way to eat is to bite off the chocolate and suck the malty ball

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone ever had Horlicks tablets? Those were great but I don't think they make them anymore.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Would you buy bags of just the malted balls without chocolate? How about a mixed bag - half just malt balls, half just choc balls?

OP
OP
H2Yo

H2Yo

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
To me, Whoppers tasted like bad chocolate syrup. I had about 3 and then couldn't eat another. Maltesers on the other hand, you better remove the bag or box else I'll inhale them.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Never even heard of Whoppers so its maltesers. Which are possibly the nicest "plain" / "low-level" chocolate you can get.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Never had Maltesers, but my dad always had a box of Whoppers available when I was a kid and I could never stand the taste of them.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
I've never had Whoppers, but Maltesers are excellent.

I also used to really like Horlicks, but it's been a while since I've had a cup of that. It's definitely an old person's drink.

EDIT: Just ordered some Horlicks.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Maltesers are smooth all the way through.

Whoppers have weird hard points in them for some weird reason (because they're of poor quality is the reason).

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
I've never had a Whopper that didn't taste stale. I honestly don't know if they're not supposed to taste like that.

Doopl

Oct 25, 2017
I was given a box of Whoppers at christmas, amongst other imported snacks. I found them to be sickeningly sweet so I could only eat a few at a time.

I wouldn't say I love Malteasers but they're very moreish and it's easy to eat way too many if you don't force yourself to stop.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Whoppers are pretty lousy. Maltesers are actually enjoyable. This is such an easy win for Maltesers.

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
Never had Maltesers, but my dad always had a box of Whoppers available when I was a kid and I could never stand the taste of them.

Yeah I never heard of the other brands but growing up I thought Whoppers were nasty, still can't much stand then lol. Making me curious about these Maltesers now.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I've never heard of Maltesers but I love the Vanilla Milkshake flavor of Whoppers. Haven't seen them around in a while though.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
WHOPPERS and it's not even close.

Just a classic, classic tasty candy.

Also surprised Burger King hasn't sued 'em yet (or vice-versa probably)

Edit* It's probably because no one would confuse the trademarks lol

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
We if we suck tfe chocolate off then bite the malt ball?

Under the malt ball regulations of 1968, chocolate sucking is allowed, and you're allowed to crack the malt ball with your teeth but full malt crunching is frowned upon.

Also for those of you in the UK - maltesers Krushem's in KFC are really nice - basically a milkshake with crushed up maltesers in.

DopeToast

Oct 27, 2017
Whoppers. I like Maltesers for sure, but here in the United States I only started seeing them recently. I'll take either honestly. I love malt.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Both are fine, Maltese are my preferred nowadays