• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This please me a lot. I literally have no idea how this movie will be, it's such a heavy contrast if we compare to the IW trailers (or most of Marvel movies trailers actually) where it showed us a lot. And this is even without considering that the movie will be 3 hours long, they have more material to show in trailers than ever.

What do you guys think?

PatMan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I agree for a movie the trailer is good. But it's also a super hero movie so I feel like anyone can predict what is going to happen. Just my opinion of course

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I agree for a movie the trailer is good. But it's also a super hero movie so I feel like anyone can predict what is going to happen. Just my opinion of course

It's not about the end, it's about the journey. Most forms of media are predictable. We know Frodo will eventually get rid of the ring, we know Harry will defeat Voldemort, we know Jason will kill a few more counselors. It's not the what, it's the how.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017

I mean, yeah, we know Thanos will be thwarted and snapped people come back.

But we have no clue how they're going to get to that point.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep.

Beyond the obvious "they're doing...something with the Quantum Realm", we've got no idea what's going on, where they're going, or how they're going to reverse the snap. We can't even say for sure how long a period the movie happens across.

It's perfect.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I miss the days when trailers were made as their own thing and didnt even use movie footage. I feel like one of the Rockys did this.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
What is there to know?

Population control villain will lose to wooden superhero aka captain Marvel who will do the finishing touches.

Black Panther, Spiderman etc.. will all magically come back because their sequels are announced and this movie will probably end in a poorly shot cg sequence like every other super hero movie.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
That is what a good trailer should do. Tell you very little while also make you still want to see it to find out. The early The Force Awakens trailers also did this.

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Apparently there were even different versions of test screenings with different scenes and character deaths. We really won't know which if any leaks are true until the movie's out.

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, to be honest, given Marvel's track record, they'll do the spoilerific clips and word will slip out about the big shit in the two weeks before release.

This is how their marketing has worked pretty much since Phase 1.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
There will be survivors. We have seen trailers for films featuring characters who have been snapped.

The world will come back, but it will be different. Phase 4 will be about that difference. Something will be lost.

OP
OP
The Last One

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is there to know?

Population control villain will lose to wooden superhero aka captain Marvel who will do the finishing touches.

Black Panther, Spiderman etc.. will all magically come back because their sequels are announced and this movie will probably end in a poorly shot cg sequence like every other super hero movie.

The important thing about this is not that they will be back, is how they are even gonna achieve that? I'm so excited for this very moment.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Yep! The trailers are a bit placid but that's better than the alternative for sure.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
The trailers have been masterful. Theyve gotten me hyped, but i still dont know what to expect. Its a really exciting time.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah OP I've been digging the way they're doing the trailers. I mean if you really analyze them you can infer certain events but I just wanna see how it all goes down, for good and bad :D

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
What is there to know?

Then don't go see it, and stop going to Superhero movies. It's a genre like any other. We get it, you don't like Captain Marvel. Most of us do though.

Also, I will bet you money right now that Captain Marvel has very little to do with finishing off Thanos. It'll be the actual original Avengers, probably Captain America with Thor's hammer. And I will clap and cheer and all the other things that people hate on here.

Elderly Parrot

Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Then don't go see it, and stop going to Superhero movies. It's a genre like any other. We get it, you don't like Captain Marvel. Most of us do though.

Also, I will bet you money right now that Captain Marvel has very little to do with finishing off Thanos. It'll be the actual original Avengers, probably Captain America with Thor's hammer. And I will clap and cheer and all the other things that people hate on here.
Dude hates the MCU and only says the words wooden and trash.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I've never seen anything like it, whereas the plot of Infinity War went pretty much exactly as I expected based on the trailers.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah ok. Thought it would be pretty cool it this happened. But yeah wishful thinking on my part.
To be honest, your wish isn't impossible. Marvel have a team called the Squadron Supreme that exist in another universe, and no points if you guess who they """resemble""":
squadron-supreme-header.jpg

One of the rumors floating around is that Feige wants them to come to the big screen sooner rather than later, so, in a way, you might see Superman and Iron-Man on the same screen in the future.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Yup all it shows are the characters are in despair and desperate for an answer for what to do. It's all they need to show and it's quite a feat.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a superhero flick that children are obsessed with. They use the time stone to make everyone alive again like it never happened at all. The end.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love this approach as well. At the end of the day, a looooooooooot of us are watching it regardless, and they know that. So they don't have to do much to sell it for people who want to see how this all ends.

I really do love how some people are so panicked over Carol's role in the movie

Bung Hole

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
To be honest, your wish isn't impossible. Marvel have a team called the Squadron Supreme that exist in another universe, and no points if you guess who they """resemble""":
squadron-supreme-header.jpg

One of the rumors floating around is that Feige wants them to come to the big screen sooner rather than later, so, in a way, you might see Superman and Iron-Man on the same screen in the future.
Oh would you look at that. I have a boner

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
It's been pretty great.

No real sort of "story trailer". No action set pieces and money shot action scenes.

Most of the money shot moments are character reveals and teases of emotional character moments.

It's like anti-blockbuster marketing. There is no way a studio spends over $300M on a blockbuster and doesn't try to sell people and the scale and spectacle.

Imagine if Return of the King's marketing was no shots of any battles but all shots of the Hobbits emoting and that was about it?

Marvel really writes their own playbook.

Even with all the set leaks (which I've been trying to avoid most production leaks and spoilers, but following other news and speculation about the movie over the last couple years makes it tough), my general sense is that people think they know a lot about the gist of the film, but I think there is still a ton that we just have no clue about. I almost think the set leaks were intentionally done by the Russos, not that they are fake to mislead people (necessarily), but they could have basically done some of the set photos we got (although I haven't seen them all because I've been trying to avoid them) on green screen sets like they did much of Infinity War. In that sense, it almost makes me feel like they were a "controlled leak" and maybe the goal was just to get people thrown off the scent by speculating in another direction than the movie will go. So many theories about Infinity War were so off, and yet we seemed to know way more about that movie than this one. It's really exciting.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
They could have held back the tony/steve handshake honestly. That's been a shot built up really since the end of AoU, but we knew it was coming. Besides that, it's all been good.