• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What, in your opinion, is the best Spider-Man suit featured in a movie?

• Spider-Man Raimi Trilogy

• The Amazing Spider-Man

• The Amazing Spider-Man 2

• Spider-Man: Homecoming

• Spider-Man: Far From Home

• Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 25, 2017
For what is probably decades now, I've been out there preaching that red/black w/ armpit webs is the way, the truth and the life.
I finally got that in Far From Home. So that has my vote, obviously. Because in addition to satisfying those requests, it still also has the articulated eyes of the homecoming suit. Winner.

e9t5NyU.jpg

O6anwUf.png

ASM2 is my the runner up. And as other users have already mentioned, Andrew's tall/slim build also helped a lot for that overall look.

Last edited:

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
AMS2's suit is so good and wasted on such a bad movie. It's by far the most comic-accurate.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the webbing on the Raimi suit is what makes it the worst. Makes the whole suit feel too busy despite there not being that much details.

I think the sharp angles on the eyes and the webbing intersecting in the middle of his face are worse sins than the raised webbing tbh. also the fact that it's symmetrical across a horizontal axis is unforgivable. having the one webbing section that covers his nose and chin vs. the two going up his forehead is, like, ground zero in terms of a starting point for a spidey costume. also the raimi/asm version of the spider on the front is just so dumb and edgy it begs to be mocked. same with the one on the back. they traded the round properly sized spider mite for some long and edgy dumb shit. if they got all that right but it was still raised webbing it'd be fine.

basically everything different about the raimi suit compared to this is why it's so garbage. the raimi suit is like a knock off version trying to skirt a copyright claim

aulxuYA.png

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Spider-Verse = Far From Home
raimi
ASM2
Homecoming
ASM1

asm1 is absolute Garbage, same with homecoming tbh. Just looks funny

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Spiderverse is my new favorite Spidey design. I love the hoodie and the J's.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Homecoming and FFH suits are by far the best, the Raimi suit being second best, and the ASM2 suit I don't care for. Looks cheap and the eyes are huge.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
People voting for the Raimi suit are letting nostalgia cloud their judgment. The giant static eyes automatically disqualify his suit from being #1.Same goes for ASM 2 even though everything else is great about that suit.
source.gif

You can not like the take on the character but the MCU suit with the aperture lens eyes is the best looking live action Spider-suit design so far. It's the gold standard until someone comes up with something better.
image-asset.gif

giphy.gif

Having Spider-Verse on the list is silly because it's a different medium with different restrictions.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Raised webbing was an inspired idea, but I really don't like the Raimi suit. I really like the Amazing 2 suit, but the lenses on the Homecoming/Far From Home suit make it take the crown for me and I like the design of the FFH one most.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Far From Home>Homecoming>Amazing. All other suits are trash. Amazing is top notch for the accuracy of the design, though the raised webs still annoy me. Never liked a damn thing about the Raimi suits, the symbiote suit especially.

Not counting Spiderverse because it's animated and automatically wins.

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 for just being so faithful to the original suit. In terms of personal preference, I prefer the Into the Spider-Verse suit the most, but I have to give respect where it's due to just doing the classic suit. Completely. Only thing they didn't get was the expressive eyes I suppose.

That being said, the only suit I absolutely don't like out of this entire list is The Amazing Spider-Man's suit. Just doesn't look good. Next after that would be the Raimi suit, but that's far from being a bad suit.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Raimi
Spiderverse
Amazing 2

they all look great though except the iron spider basura

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
Raimi, Amazing 2, and FFH are all my favorites

Gunna vote Raimi though because Amazing 2's suit definitely feels like a 'copied homework' focus-tested damage control after people voiced their immense discontent with the Spaulding suit in ASM1, the eyes are better but i like the texturing on the Raimi outfit better.

Far From Home is an awesome tribute but I wish the eyes were even bigger. If the next version went as 90's as possible with Spider-Man's eye design i'd be all for it

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
MCU Spider-Man is the Nintendo of the costume world while Sam Raimis Spider-Man costume is the Sony equivalent. So for me Sam Raimi is better

Oct 25, 2017
People voting for the Raimi suit are letting nostalgia cloud their judgment. The giant static eyes automatically disqualify his suit from being #1.Same goes for ASM 2 even though everything else is great about that suit.
source.gif

You can not like the take on the character but the MCU suit with the aperture lens eyes is the best looking live action Spider-suit design so far. It's the gold standard until someone comes up with something better.
image-asset.gif
MCU suit's webbing is atrocious and ruins the entire thing, it isn't even readable in many shots beyond closeups.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I adore Miles's, so I voted for it. But his is really unique compared to the rest and I'm not sure if it should be considered on the same plain. As far as a more classic suit goes, I'm partial to the Rami trilogy. But the ASM2 suit did look great.

The MCU ones did the eyes better than any other, but the rest of both suits are kind of whatever. Not really a fan of their more techy look.

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
While ASM2 is more accurate to the comics, I like the homecoming outfit best. It's a slightly tactile, modern take on a classic, without too many changes. A good movie version of a super-hero suit. Not everything needs to be 1:1 from the comics, but homecoming nails a nice balance. Plus I love that it's more matte, and not too shiny, like previous suits were. The eye shape is also perfect.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
MCU suit's webbing is atrocious and ruins the entire thing, it isn't even readable in many shots beyond closeups.

I will gladly give up the ability to count Spider-Mans individual webbing in a wide shot for basic emoting eyes. It looks "cool" but without context you have no idea what emotion Tobey is feeling and the only way Raimi could get around it was to take off the mask every 5 minutes. As a character design its fine but as a live action movie costume it was always bad/stilted.
spider-man-21-movie-screencaps.com-6383.jpg

spider-man-21-movie-screencaps.com-6501.jpg

spider-man-21-movie-screencaps.com-13070.jpg

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Spider verse would be number 1 if the jordan 1 outfit was his default.

I guess I'm voting home coming

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
First of all, this is the best iteration of the Spider-Man suit. It has the bright contrasting colors, it has the moving eyes, everything except the Spider-Emblem is phenomenal. If this suit had a slightly modernized version of the Raimi emblem, it would've been absolute perfection.
spider-man-homecoming.png

Second of all, how ya'll gonna forget this masterpiece? Second best in the on-screen suits.
spider-man-far-from-home-stealth-suit-spidey.png

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
Best suit + swinging in any of the live action Spider-Man movies. It's the only two things they got right with the ASM movies.

AgilePositiveCaiman-size_restricted.gif

SourBlandCrownofthornsstarfish-size_restricted.gif

3735221-7252106294-13271.gif