• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ShadowGP

Oct 27, 2017
The one and only!

Vroom-image.jpg

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I wanna say Ridge Racer Type 4. Game is classy AF. I love the style it exudes because it actually has a very distinct style in both its presentation, race mechanics and music. I still go back for runs through it every once and a while. F-Zero GX is also a contender.

Also love:
BLUR
Motorstorm Pacific Rift
Ridge Racer 5 and 7 (7 might be my favorite in the franchise but 4 is my favorite racer.... weird!)
Burnout 3
Mario Kart 8
Sega and Sonic All Stars Racing
OutRun 2006 (I think its what its called don't remember the exact title)
WipeOut Omega

I respect the sims a whole lot but I realized a long time ago I just don't actually enjoy them. Cool, but not interesting. LOVE ME SOME ARCADE RACERS

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Haha good times man, good times 😁 Always love these type of settings. Also reminds me of ut99 custom levels where you were a tiny little person in a living room.

This reminds me of this VW beetle game (I think it was a browser game) where you'd race across a desktop on all kinds of things. It has a top down isometric view IIRC.

Makes me wanna play some MotorStorm RC.

I'm gonna miss that franchise. Fuck...

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I replied earlier and I probably forgot to mention the original Need for Speed.
Game has a few special qualities to it that I could never find in any other racing game since and split screen was some of the most fun I ever had with a racer.

Agent Matt

Oct 31, 2017
I was going to say Wipeout 2097 but since that's disallowed I'll say the original Gran Turismo. It was insanely far ahead of everything that came before.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
It is F-Zero X, but since you excluded this (understandly, because it would be boring if everyone could just pick between F-Zero X and F-Zero GX), talking only car racers, it's between Burnout 2 and 3.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
I dont think I can pick just one honestly. Depends on the genre.

I'd say:

Burnout Revenge
Rallisport Challenge 2
Outrun
Forza Horizon 4

I'd say one of those.

ToD_

Oct 27, 2017
Anther vote for Burnout 3. I played a ton of Gran Turismo 3 before that, though. More recently I really got into Forza Horizon 4 thanks to game pass PC.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Arcade - Daytona USA
Home - Ridge Racer Type 4 and Gran Turismo 4. Burnout Paradise also gets an honorable mention.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's gotta be Forza Horizon 4. It's an exceptionally wonderfully playing game that feels like it surprises me constantly and has an insane amount of content. Looks incredible too.