• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zurres

Nov 30, 2017
Pasadena, CA
W a v e
R a c e
6 4
Lens-Flare.gif
Absolutely!

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
So either people didn't read the OP or they didn't care, lol. Which I don't mind and I'll actually choose Mario Kart DS.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Can't give a single game. But my favourites:

Gran Turismo 1
PGR 3
Wipeout 2097
Forza Motorsport 4
Forza Horizon 4
Test Drive Unlimited
Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed
Turbo Esprit (ZX Spectrum game)

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Forza Horizon 4. It's my go-to "put me in a good mood" game.

But I did really enjoy my time with Burnout 3 back in the day, too.

M0d3_M

Jun 29, 2020
Outrun 2, just holds up so well and is great on console too, a new version would be so welcomed.

Forza Horizon 3 and 4 as well as NFS Hot P (360) more recently.

marcbret87

Apr 20, 2018
I really like the Forza Horizon games, but in terms of pure racing fun nothing has beaten the Project Gotham Racing series for me (including its predecessor, Metropolis Street Racer). Real shame it eventually got canned and there's no PC version, and it's not BC due to licensing issues. No game has quite scratched the urban racing itch since then.

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
GT2, DRIVECLUB, Assetto Corsa (PC), ToCA 2, Need 4 Speed: High Stakes, Burnout 3, MotorStorm Pacific Rift, CTR... I could go on and on.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
This is hard, because I love racing games and there's so many great ones.
But if I could choose just one it'd be Dirt 2.
It just plays perfect, has awesome tracks, great multiplayer and to me at least, a timeless graphic style.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Not being much of a serious racing fan, I'd say OutRun 2. Outside of arcade racers I haven't tried many.

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
Gran Turismo 4
PGR 3
NFS Hot Pursuit (2010)
Forza Horizon 2

Couldn't pick a favourite from those

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Wipeout (Probably best represented by the Omega Collection)

Not usually a racing guy, but I've stuck with the Wipeout series for 15 years now and the gameplay still fascinates me.

Jay-T

Oct 28, 2017
My favorite racing games (no order):
OutRun 2
PGR 4
Forza Motorsport 4
Forza Horizon 1
Driveclub
NFS Porsche
Burnout 4

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm at it's time probbaly Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec. It was more accessible than thoser that followed and still has a look that I love.

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
So either people didn't read the OP or they didn't care, lol. Which I don't mind and I'll actually choose Mario Kart DS.

I assume people jumped to the last page and assumed there wasn't a caveat in the OP

With the caveat in mind I guess I'd go with Driveclub almost by default. Though I enjoyed my time with it if mostly only to ogle the rain effects. Got pretty good at it relative to my skills in other racing sim games.

I'm not a racing sim guy really.. I tried some of the F1 games on PS Now and didn't have the slightest clue what I was doing, couldn't turn a corner well to save my life (doesn't help I don't drive in real life I guess)

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
Such a tough call to pick one as I love racing games.

It's going to have to be a list (in no particular order) -

1. Sega Rally - Saturn
2. Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec - PS2
3. Need For Speed - Hot Pursuit 2 - PS2
4. Outrun 2 - Original Xbox
5. Need For Speed - Hot Pursuit 2010 - PS3/360
6. Wipeout HD/Fury - PS3
7. Forza Horizon 2 & 3 - xbone
8. Gran Turismo Sport - PS4
9. Wreckfest - PS4/xbone
10. Dirt Rally 2.0 - PS4/xbone

Edit.........how could I forget this series -

11. Motorstorm/Pacific Rift - PS3

Last edited:

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
The simmest of all games - Speed Racer: The Movie: The Game?

Maybe Forza Horizon 3. I just love driving around Australia T_T

mogwai00

Mar 24, 2018
wipEout (the original) or Metropolis Street Racer.
Can't choose.

Edit: I forgot OutRun.
I have a winner.

Bioshocker

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Probably Project Gotham Racing 2. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is certainly a contender too. Of the more recent ones? Forza Horizon 4.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Ridge Racer Type 4

I will not answer any questions

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
This and Rush 2049 are both such great games. Not sure if I could pick one over the other.

For me it's Rush 2, easily. Rush 2 had way better racing tracks in my opinion and, to be honest, i was not a huge fan of the wings in 2049. Also, Rush 2 was made exclusively for the Nintendo 64, so i guess it benefits from not being ported over from the arcade.

So yeah, i agree with Alien Bob on this one, Rush 2: Extreme Racing is the GOAT racing game, i wish more poeple would give this game a chance.

Jun 23, 2020
Turbo out run for the spectrum 128k or Ive recently started playing forza horizon, it's so good. Or PGR Racing was great fun, sliding around earning those kudos points

Uiki

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Rush 2 and 2049 (pls gog release!)
iRacing
Sega Rally
Burnout 3
Wave Race
Beetle Adventure Racing
Toca Race Driver 2