• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the best racing game of all time is what? GT3? Burnout Paradise? Need for Speed Hot Pursuit ? Forza Horzon 4? PGR 3? CMR 2.0? Rallisport 1?

*For thread purposes excluding kart racers aka Mario kart, futuristic racers like Wipeout or stuff like wave race.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Forza Horizon 4 is the most i've ever enjoyed a racing game. I still boot it up just to drive around and have fun in even if i'm not racing. 2nd place would be Burnout Paradise I think. Both make the act of driving so fun even outside of racing.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

EDIT: Oh, damn it.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Burnout 3, Midnight Club 3, Wipeout VR and Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled are my faves

Edit: seems like weird restrictions so then burnout 3 or midnight club 3 ig

Oct 28, 2017
I'll second Beetle Adventure Racing!

(only because Mario Kart: Double Dash, which I played with my 5-year old son, doesn't count)

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Burnout 3: Takedown

The speed, the beautiful crashes, signature takedowns, perfect early 2000's soundtrack, and a course selection I've memorized like the back of my hand. The king.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I only played the demo but Rollcage was probably my favorite racing thing. I also played a metric ton of Ignition multiplayer with friends back in the day and we loved it.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
In terms of actual racing, probably Rage Racer.
I prefer Burnout 3 and FH3, but not really for the racing side of it.

boi

Nov 1, 2017
Mario Kart but most likely F Zero GX
The undisputed king.

fzero_gx.gif

Second is Burnout 3. But boy, is F-Zero GX one fine game.

iidx

Oct 28, 2017
My vote goes towards Ridge Racer Type 4 or the two PSP Ridge Racer games. Pure arcade style drifting thrills. Miss that series q.q

SuperBonk

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
PGR2 for me. First racer I played online and I still have memories of doing 5 laps of Nurburgring at night in Caterhams. Plus the Kudos system still holds up.

Plidex

Oct 30, 2017
Forza Horizon 4 is the best car game. EDIT: actually for its time, Test Drive Unlimited was better. What an amazing game.

The best racing game without a doubt is iRacing. Nothing made me feel like a real racing driver like that game.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on the definition of racing but probably iRacing still, though I've not had subscription in years and they don't want to offer any discounts to returning players. Off the track Richard Burns Rally.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
On console:

Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec
Gran Turismo 4
Wipeout 2048

On PC:

Assetto Corsa Competizione
Forza Horizon 4

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
F-Zero GX never ceases to amaze me all these years later. It feels so good, the music is excellent, and the stages are incredibly diverse in design and play. Truly a top tier game.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Burnout 3 pretty easily for arcade-style racers.

Probably Forza Motorsport 4 or Gran Turismo 6 for sim-style.