• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

My favorite lightsaber color is...

• Blue, the color of a hero.

Votes: 138 18.4%
  • Red. RAW POWER! DESTRUCTION!

Votes: 115 15.3%
  • Green, the color of a sage.

Votes: 227 30.3%
  • Purple, Mace Windu's custom ride.

Votes: 270 36.0%

• Total voters

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
I've always been partial to Obi Wan and Luke's original light saber.

I really wish the prequels would've have squandered Obi Wan's saying "your father would have wanted you to have it when you were old enough" even if it clashed a bit with Obi Wan's concealing of Vader's identity.

May 26, 2018
I've always been partial to Obi Wan and Luke's original light saber.

I really wish the prequels would've have squandered Obi Wan's saying "your father would have wanted you to have it when you were old enough" even if it clashed a bit with Obi Wan's concealing of Vader's identity.

Had Lucas decided during New Hope's writing that Vader was Luke's father?

OP
OP
SolVanderlyn

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I used to like purple the best, until I realized I only liked it best because it's "special." It's still REALLY close to my favorite, though.

If we count EU colors and the EU in general, I like Purple/Yellow and always dual wield them in games when I can. I don't like the weird double bladed sabers the guards have - I like a good old fashioned glowing gold or sunflower saber.

But my point still stands that green is the best major canon color, definitely looks the best on screen and is a great color for an energy sword in general.

The Mega Man series agrees with me, by the way.

B398485141196F35A9C9334D59133B5C83000D51

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I'm pretty sure there were Yellow ones at the Battle of Geonosis. Pretty sure I read somewhere that Lucas added them for variety along with the Purple addition.

Yellow should probably be an option.

Edit**

jedi-arena.jpg

Ok, took this into photoshop and pulled colors from them. That one in the center, just to the right of the blue ones, that is pointing off to the right is definitely a shade of Yellow next to the shades of Green from other sabers.

Last edited:

DrBillRiverman

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
England
I see the long-term heathens have dated to post despite the thread title.
Truly, what can we expect of th is who cannot grasp the concept that green is clearly the best colour

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure there were Yellow ones at the Battle of Geonosis. Pretty sure I read somewhere that Lucas added them for variety along with the Purple addition.

Yellow should probably be an option.

Edit**

jedi-arena.jpg

Ok, took this into photoshop and pulled colors from them. That one in the center, just to the right of the blue ones, that is pointing off to the right is definitely a shade of Yellow next to the shades of Green from other sabers.

Pretty sure it's a green one, it just looks a bit off in still because of movement/possibly dust. I thought Lucas said the opposite; that he wanted to add them but decided against it because they wouldn't stand out in that sandy setpiece.

Deleted member 4552

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't like use a white practice saber when he was practicing on the falcon against the floating ball thingy?

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Never liked the idea of a rainbow of Lightsaber colors, and honestly I'd love it if it stuck to Blue/Red for Jedi Sith, however the canon additions of Green and Purple have grown on me.

Yellow/Orange: Not a fan of those colors in general, but I could accept

Silver/Black/White: Edgelord "look at me I'm so cool and unique!" choice, just puts me off the way heterochromia/white hair/etc. is meant to distinguish some fanfic's OC as "special" and "different" puts me off. Purple would probably be here if it wasn't my favorite color haha :P

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does a yellow-orange one, almost gold exist? That'd be the best one.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
As a kid, I favored green.

As a teen and young adult, I switched to blue.

Now, I can't really decide. So when I buy unofficial lightsaber replicas, I really have trouble deciding. So far I have an arctic blue, a lime green, and an indigo. My wife got straight yellow (in a Bastilla-inspired hilt) that also looks amazing.

Thinking red next.

Green looks off because it was recolored in post-prod. It was actually blue during filming.

It was nothing during filming, IIRC. Just a stick. They colored that shit in later in either case.