• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

My favorite lightsaber color is...

• Blue, the color of a hero.

Votes: 138 18.4%
  • Red. RAW POWER! DESTRUCTION!

Votes: 115 15.3%
  • Green, the color of a sage.

Votes: 227 30.3%
  • Purple, Mace Windu's custom ride.

Votes: 270 36.0%

• Total voters

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Out of the four colors in the films, green in my favorite.

I know the EU has a lot more. We're going films-only for now.

return-of-the-jedijpg.jpeg

Green "pops" the most on screen. In fact, Luke's lightsaber was made green instead of blue so that it wouldn't blend in with the background of Tatooine in Episode VI. It was invented for this very reason!

It's the color of those who embody the teachings and philosophies of the Jedi most strongly. The Consulars, wisdom bearing sages who guide others. It represents the core of a Jedi more than any other color.

I think Green is the coolest one seen in the movies. Mace's purple blade was awesome, but that's really a two-in-one deal: it was cool because only he had it. Green was cool without being overly special.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
It's green, although given my colourblindness you could tell me it's yellow I'd believe you and I'd be okay with that too.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I like the orange and gold ones. I know almost none of them exist in canon but I just like the colors.

Green is nice, red is nice, blue is nice. But the orange and gold ones are just really cool to me.

Also I think I saw a silver lightsaber once, as nonsensical as that might be. Silver light. Har.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Green was always my favorite as a kid but there's something about the hilt of Anakin/Luke/Rey's blue saber that just says "screw it, I'll take blue"

Deleted member 6173

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still really like the purple light sabres, the gold/orange ones are cool too.

I wish Lucas went all out and included more colours in the prequels. My gripe with the depiction of the Jedi's was that it didn't seem like a 1000+ year old organization in the prequels.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I have a replica of Luke's ROTJ saber because it is the best saber in the series. Fuck you Kylo for destroying it.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Green is the best lightsaber and it debuts in the best Star Wars movie

Dont @ me

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I like the orange and gold ones. I know almost none of them exist in canon but I just like the colors.

Green is nice, red is nice, blue is nice. But the orange and gold ones are just really cool to me.

Also I think I saw a silver lightsaber once, as nonsensical as that might be. Silver light. Har.

The temple guards during the prequel era use yellow:
databank_jeditempleguard_01_169_3416bea1.jpeg

There's a pre order bonus for Jedi: Fallen Order that includes an orange saber:
e0o33j6hv4331.jpg

And Aksoka uses two white sabers in Rebels which come from "healing" red kyber crystals:
ahsoka-tano-rebelss3_a020c09e.jpeg

Oct 27, 2017
PURPLE looks evil and comforting at the same time.

I like it.

I'm more of an antagonist supporter kinda guy, so RED or PURPLE (fight me)

I also think the BLUE saber is more iconic and relevant in terms of toys/merchandise selling/catering to children, especially young boys.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The temple guards during the prequel era use yellow:
databank_jeditempleguard_01_169_3416bea1.jpeg

There's a pre order bonus for Jedi: Fallen Order that includes an orange saber:
e0o33j6hv4331.jpg

And Aksoka uses two white sabers in Rebels which come from "healing" red kyber crystals:
ahsoka-tano-rebelss3_a020c09e.jpeg

Yeah, I don't watch any of the CGI shows, but the yellow ones are super cool even regardless.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Yellow/Orange/Gold>Silver=Blue>Purple>Red>Green.

Never liked green at all. Always looked off to me.

Apr 19, 2018
Yoda's Force FX green lightsaber is definitely my favorite one to handle, due to its diminutive size.

But in terms of color preference, sorry OP, I've always had an affinity for the good ol' blue.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Green rules. Purple is second best because it's so rare. Red is next and fits well with the Sith. Blue is last, just kind of boring.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dual wield green and yellow or orange. I don't care that Lucas said I can't have yellow. Also blue light gives me a headache. Can you imagine a scrub Jedi with a goddamn migraine all the time? lol

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Might be slightly biased considering it's already my favorite color, but the green really does pop like no other color.