• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Like, damn. This game overall has some amazing premium feeling in the menus, but the intro is so amazing I think it even topped Sonic Mania's:

Such class, it's just so amazing. GT has always stayed away from the "Radical rock, brother!" that other racing games fall into but they've absolutely outdone themselves with this.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017

Not this gen, but in keeping with the PlayStation racing game theme, I love WipEout 2048's intro a whole bunch.

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
It's really good. Also if you have a HDR capable TV, it really shows it off

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
Wow....

This is the first time I've seen that cinematic and it is absolutely stunning. What a beautiful homage to racing history.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah the build up to race day and all the festivities... It really captured the whole feel of a day dedicated to motorsport.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That intro is amazing, is very classy ans fpr the first time I didnt miss Moon Over the Castl

Also in 4k is jaw dropping

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
It absolutely gives me chills after that classical piano buildup transitions to the in-engine shots of the game and when the energetic buildup hits with the fireworks I probably look super goofy with the wide grin across my face

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Still hoping that we get a Spec 2.0 intro

They're rumored to be announcing a weather update this weekend, so it seems like that could be a big enough update to justify going 2.0.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Very cool vid but that gameplay soundtrack in the second half made me feel like I was watching some random 80s Spielberg movie, lol.

MortosDer

Oct 27, 2017
When I got the game, back in March. I told my brother to be quiet, the first time you boot up a gt game is a ritual. Watching the cinematic for the first time. I do wish they had moon over the castle in-game at least.
Only thing I miss from the older games.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My favorite this gen as well. I actually regularly watch it when booting the game. GT Sport is really a labor of love

Snowybreak

Oct 25, 2017

Not this gen, but in keeping with the PlayStation racing game theme, I love WipEout 2048's intro a whole bunch.

Oh man... I love that intro so much. Honestly I love them both for totally different reasons, but they both reflect the mood and energy of each game really well. And the evolution of racing concept makes for a killer intro.

Laurel

Oct 29, 2017
It's always the case with GT, I remember booting up GT5(my first GT) for the first time and thought to myself: Yep, that's art, and they care.

TKM

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing else comes close. Gran Turismo always feels like a such a crafted product, and from a team that truly loves and respects motorsports/photography/cars.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Wow... Between this and LeMans race last weekend, I'm starting to remember why I loved cars and automobile racing. I gotta get back into it.

If Wipeout had to end on any note, I'm glad it was this one (though I'm still hoping for a new one). Gave me the same feeling as the GT one when I first booted it up and the best one they made since Pure.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
You can put that music on someone taking a shit and it'd still be beautiful.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I love (most) intros on racing games:

And technically not an intro, but this will probably be my favourite:

Deleted member 41638

Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Beauty shots of some cars, probably done with a $1000 DSLR camera and a wheelchair for the dolly
Old footage pulled off youtube and then slapped into Adobe premiere with super basic effects
Absolutely no context to what we're seeing
Piano music to make it sound fancy
"Driving is for everyone" - okay but why show a bunch of old footage that only enthusiasts would know about? Why did you show me professional racers then tell me driving is for everyone?

It's got surface level beauty I'll give it that.

I suggest Forza Horizon 4
Not only is it gorgeous but it incorporates the intro cinematic with actual gameplay and introduces the main element of the game, seasons. You also get a feel for how lighthearted and fun the game is going to be.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Yeah GT Sport has an amazing intro. PD clearly love the history of cars and racing.

Also the WipEout 2048 intro is also awesome, I always watched it every time I played it.

oRuin

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they always do such an amazing job when it comes down to presentation. Really top tier stuff.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I have a playlist of all GT intros and trailers that I go through every few months. Love them.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Like, damn. This game overall has some amazing premium feeling in the menus, but the intro is so amazing I think it even topped Sonic Mania's:

Such class, it's just so amazing. GT has always stayed away from the "Radical rock, brother!" that other racing games fall into but they've absolutely outdone themselves with this.

Yup, felt that.

Deleted member 57361

Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Beauty shots of some cars, probably done with a $1000 DSLR camera and a wheelchair for the dolly
Old footage pulled off youtube and then slapped into Adobe premiere with super basic effects
"Driving is for everyone" - okay but why show a bunch of old footage that only enthusiasts would know about? Why did you show me professional racers then tell me driving is for everyone?

Not only is it gorgeous but it incorporates the intro cinematic with actual gameplay and introduces the main element of the game, seasons. You also get a feel for how lighthearted and fun the game is going to be.

You clearly don't get what Gran Turismo is about if you say something like that.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

That transition from cutscene to gameplay is awesome, but it feels too much like a trailer which makes it lack atmosphere and vibe, too generic. Gran Turismo's shows you the history of racing before going "and now you can race too!" showing you what Sport's all about: racing.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Several GT threads lately. And they're positive threads instead of the usual crap on GT threads from the past few years.

I'm terms of intros, Spec 2.0 for GT5 is my favorite. Number 2 is GT Sport. Love the homage to racing and really sets the tone for what the game is about... the racing.