• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Even as someone that was cautiously optimistic at best about this (Always figured Pattinson was a great choice, tho), that blew me the fuck away.

And the suit looks way better in practice than I thought it would. I'm in.

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
Not sure, but I'm thinking some corrupt politician.
Probably. My guess is that the Riddler sees himself as a sort of hero in his own right and is leading Batman along a trail of bread crumbs to expose some kind of heavy-duty corruption/scandal within Gotham. Maybe Riddler is some sort of deranged whistleblower? It's obvious Riddler already knows who Batman is, so whatever Riddler is doing in the movie, he has to have some kind of position that gives him insight into what's going on behind the scenes.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
4cech1.jpg

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
There is no way you do a Batman trilogy and not have a Joker.
In the teaser, we see what looks like a gang of Joker wannabes. I'm wondering which comes first--the gang, or the man. In other words, is there already a Joker, and these are his guys, or does one of these guys end up becoming the Joker later on?

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
In the teaser, we see what looks like a gang of Joker wannabes. I'm wondering which comes first--the gang, or the man. In other words, is there already a Joker, and these are his guys, or does one of these guys end up becoming the Joker later on?

LOL. I didn't mean to have that in my post. I was originally going to respond to someone some pages back, and then decided not to.

But, yeah, the thing I wonder is if he already exists and just won't be in this one, or will he be new to Gotham in the sequel. It will be interesting to see what they do with him either way.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think those are Joker goons. I think they're Penguin's gang (the black & white facepaint)

That scene with Cobblepot at the garage seems like the same location as the goon beatdown; the same henchmen shoot Batman later in the trailer. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the opening intro action sequence for Batman

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
People of the internet....STOP trying to connect the Joker movie to this. They are both their own thing. I know Marvel/Disney has conditioned you throughout the years to think that everything has to be connected....it's not.
You act like we didn't get years of the DCEU conditioning people to get hyped up about their own universe before being inexplicably dropped (but maybe not). We are still getting movies with Aquaman and Wonder Woman that were part of the DCEU and now getting the DCEU Flash with Batfleck returning and plenty of multiverse crossovers. The Suicide Squad is a soft reboot with several of the same actors/characters as Suicide Squad.

Basically the DCEU still exists, they just get to cherry pick when it will exist and when it won't, rather than being mandated to make it all fit together. The perfect scenario of having their cake and eating it too, which means this sort of discussion is something that is being encouraged and will not go away.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know, I really don't.

I do absolutely love how it seems to be a real detective story though. Never thought I'd see the day.

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
I don't think those are Joker goons. I think they're Penguin's gang (the black & white facepaint)

That scene with Cobblepot at the garage seems like the same location at the goon beatdown; the same henchmen shoot Batman later in the trailer. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the opening intro action sequence for Batman
The marks on the lips really make me think of the Joker's smile, but I suppose you could be right.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
The "LIES" is painted over a bunch of newspapers that say stuff like Don's winning and King Don. I guess Don Falcone is a politician in this?

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I always like an athletic-looking, Neal Adams Batman who can do flips and cool martial arts over the hulking, rubber-suited bodybuilder Batman we always see in the movies.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Mega disappoinment. I don't want grimdark, I want noir.

Hopefully the trailer is deceptive in the opposite way Snyder trailers are: a miserable bummer of a trailer concealing a good movie with a balanced tone, rather than a cool trailer concealing a sad dark mess.

I always like an athletic-looking, Neal Adams Batman who can do flips and cool martial arts over the hulking, rubber-suited bodybuilder Batman we always see in the movies.
Same.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Mega disappoinment. I don't want grimdark, I want noir.

Hopefully the trailer is deceptive in the opposite way Snyder trailers are: a miserable bummer of a trailer concealing a good movie, rather than a cool trailer concealing a mess.

I really didn't get a grimdark feeling from the trailer. It felt grounded, and seemed like it matched what Reeves talked about in terms of it being a more investigative-focused Batman.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
As has been observed repeatedly, the trailer has a really cool 90's gothic vibe to it. Reminiscent of the Crow and Batman Returns. It's something I've wanted to see come back for a while. Though I can understand that might be off putting for some nowadays.

Closer look at the card
screenshot_20200822-2cpjtp.jpg

screenshot_20200822-2c9klm.jpg

I just love seeing Riddler motifs in a big budget Batman movie again. Lame as Batman Forever might be, that was a fond part of my childhood.

I love the Nolan films, but I still laugh in Begins when they make it further clear how great the Waynes have always been, always being on the right side of history. When Alfred and Bruce explore the caves beneath the manor, Alfred mentions they were used to help slaves escape via the underground railroad. Like, come on! This rich fuck family has been THAT good for a century plus?

Begins is my favorite Batman movie but the lionizing of the Wayne's is honestly kind of embarrassing to me nowadays.

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
As has been observed repeatedly, the trailer has a really cool 90's gothic vibe to it. Reminiscent of the Crow and Batman Returns. It's something I've wanted to see come back for a while. Though I can understand that might be off putting for some nowadays.

I just love seeing Riddler motifs in a big budget Batman movie again. Lame as Batman Forever might be, that was a fond part of my childhood.
I think I'm just going to pretend this movie takes the place of Batman Forever.

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
Probably. My guess is that the Riddler sees himself as a sort of hero in his own right and is leading Batman along a trail of bread crumbs to expose some kind of heavy-duty corruption/scandal within Gotham. Maybe Riddler is some sort of deranged whistleblower? It's obvious Riddler already knows who Batman is, so whatever Riddler is doing in the movie, he has to have some kind of position that gives him insight into what's going on behind the scenes.

I think this is probably the case. I think they are mixing up elements of Long Halloween etc so I guess there will be some thing where the Riddler is, say, Falcone or Maronis son, maybe Maroni as a reverse of the book. Maybe Falcone killed off Maroni and then managed to set himself up as a "legit" politician while carrying on the other stuff behind the door but the Riddler knows that was based on dodgy deeds and sets out to expose him. The "If you are justice, please do not lie" type thing and the messages directly to Batman seem like he maybe sees them as kindred spirits, "you are part of this too." Either part of it because the Waynes were involved or part of it because he is supposed to also be fighting for justice / vengeance.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
This is what I´ve hoped for - dark and down to earth. Look a Catwoman, look at the Riddler (I guess it`s him): No fancy costumes, no bling bling. The film looks like a crime drama, not some DCEU spectacle BS. Can`t wait!

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Hell, just put old ass Arthur Fleck in the the sequel as an opening villian(like Crane in TDK) and have Bats find him and cave his skull in within three minutes of the movie. Then we can move on.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I hope WB is smart and takes advantage of having to stop filming and films part 2 simultaneously with what's left of this one

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
The trailer is good. But what excites me is the character design, mood, set piece and cinematography we've seen. This ....Seema ambitious

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
I hope WB is smart and takes advantage of having to stop filming and films part 2 simultaneously with what's left of this one
I think the smart thing would be to finish the one movie in the window of time they get to go back into production. We're currently living in a time where the future is pretty undetermined. Shit could go back to being just as bad as when the pandemic started or worse. Best not to invest more money into a sequel. At least not right now.