• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
this trailer ruled. had to gif this.

ZZ5BU5h.gif
can we put a "Snyder Cut" logo over the dude getting beat?

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Yes I totally agree. He's a psycho and him brutalizing people is in character. I just don't want MurderMan from BvS again. Manslaughter neither.
I don't know where the idea that Batman is killing people here comes from. Nothing said or shown leads me to think that. After the shit that they got for Batfleck slaughtering people, no way they make that mistake again.

That beatdown that Batman gave that thug was so brutal that it's almost hard for me to believe that the goon survived.

But then I actually prefer Batman to actually kill because I prefer Batman as an extremely problematic hero rather than someone to idealize. Superman should be the symbol of hope not Batman.

Domino

Oct 25, 2017
My god this looks incredible, I have a feeling Pattinson is about to be my favorite Batman.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
This was hands-down the best thing to come out of the DC Fandome. Holy shit I am enthralled.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Why? They don't fit at all

I know that it's long shot and that a lot of people involved in both movies have said they will not be related. But I would LOVE to see that version on the Joker against a Batman (any Batman version) with this we have that opportunity and it could kinda fit with Pattison being so young. Their universes are equally dark and decayed. As I said I will keep my hopes until the last minute.

Also it would allow Afleck to continue being Batman in the DCU.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a fan of the suit, or Pattinson's look out of the costume, but I thought the trailer was solid. I'm not over the moon "holy shit that was incredible" as most are, but it looks good.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
It looks okay. I haven't really been hyped about another Batman movie and the trailer didn't change that.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I know that it's long shot and that a lot of people involved in both movies have said they will not be related. But I would to see that version on the Joker against a Batman (any Batman version) with this we have that opportunity and it could kinda fit with Pattison being so young. Their universes are equally dark and decayed. As I said I will keep my hopes until the last minute.

Also it would allow Afleck to continue being Batman in the DCU.

The Joker in that movie would be stopped by Batman in like 30 seconds. He's a moron.

It'd actively ruin Pattinson's Batman.... did you see how he beat up that guy.... they'd have to nerf the fuck out of him to give Arthur a chance....

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I have seen some people say that Reeves almost confirmed Court of Owls in the DC Fandome event ... can anyone expand on that please ?

Like what did he mention that made people think of that?

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
The Joker in that movie would be stopped by Batman in like 30 seconds. He's a moron.

It'd actively ruin Pattinson's Batman.... did you see how he beat up that guy.... they'd have to nerf the fuck out of him to give Arthur a chance....

to be fair, Jokers never been a character about some sort of match in physicality

and the few attempts at giving him an origin of any sort don't really make him anything special prior Joker turn either

Koeing

Nov 8, 2018
I have seen some people say that Reeves almost confirmed Court of Owls in the DC Fandome event ... can anyone expand on that please ?

Like what did he mention that made people think of that?
The part where he talks about the history of corruption in the city and how he questions if his family had a place in that made me think he was talking about the Court of Owls.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
to be fair, Jokers never been a character about some sort of match in physicality

and the few attempts at giving him an origin of any sort don't really make him anything special prior Joker turn either

He's still a moron post Joker in the movie....

There's no believable way those two interact plus Arthur would be at least what in his 50s or 60s?

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017

I agree. But Joker always gets beated up by Batman. Nevertheless Phoenix's Joker is a weakling and no master mind at all, his weakness is precisely why I'm so interested in seeing what they do with this character against a Batman.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
this feels like it has the tone that everyone wanted the follow up to TDK to have. Holy shit.

Bl1nX28

Banned
Oct 16, 2018
I'm going to say the trailer didn't really impress me. But then again, I'm sorta of burnt out on Batman. I don't hate the character but WB has been pushing out Batman so much with so many movies, games, animated films that I'm sorta just not into the character anymore.

Also I would have probably enjoyed the trailer more if the director didn't spoil the main villian. If it's suppose to be a detective movie then revealing the main baddie just ruins it imo. Would have been better if riddler was kept a secret. But hey, it could be a surprise twist like Iron Man 3 and instead it's a entirely new villain.

Either way, I just got an meh feeling from the trailer. Like a been there done that feeling. Nothing really stood out to me.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Who says Joker is in this movie's universe as a young man??

Bruce was a child in Joker, it would make sense that 20 years later he's a young Batman

I think it's time to let Joker (the movie) go. Aside from the fact that it isn't that good, Joaquin's incredible acting ability does not direct his character's journey toward this movie.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Also I would have probably enjoyed the trailer more if the director didn't spoil the main villian. If it's suppose to be a detective movie then revealing the main baddie just ruins it imo. Would have been better if riddler was kept a secret. But hey, it could be a surprise twist like Iron Man 3 and instead it's a entirely new villain
I mean, it wouldn't take long for anyone to figure it out lol. He talks in riddles, clearly evident in the trailer too.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
Man the timing of this trailer today (I had no idea it was dropping), because I just got done watching Mask of the Phantasm with my son, and he was obliterated by it. Instant Batman fan.

I can't wait to show him this tomorrow.

I'm going to say the trailer didn't really impress me. But then again, I'm sorta of burnt out on Batman. I don't hate the character but WB has been pushing out Batman so much with so many movies, games, animated films that I'm sorta just not into the character anymore.

Also I would have probably enjoyed the trailer more if the director didn't spoil the main villian. If it's suppose to be a detective movie then revealing the main baddie just ruins it imo. Would have been better if riddler was kept a secret. But hey, it could be a surprise twist like Iron Man 3 and instead it's a entirely new villain.

Either way, I just got an meh feeling from the trailer. Like a been there done that feeling. Nothing really stood out to me.

The main baddie is revealed like 15 seconds in.