• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Huh? People LOVED Daredevil. It was the movie people hated.
The first season was unanimously well received, second season's second half was somewhat divisive, third season I think was mostly well received but maybe not as much since it came after The defenders that people didn't seem to like very much.

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
Saw this on Twitter regarding the Riddler's card.
Really interesting detail, especially since the inside of the card also has symbols similar to the Zodiac Killer.
I really like what they are doing with this version of the Riddler. He's one of my favorite Batman villains and while I do like the versions portrayed by Frank Gorshin in the Batman 66' show and Wally Wingert in the Arkham games, I think this one has the potential to be really intimidating.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
So the Joker and Riddler are in this? I saw the joker faces on the goons but everything else screams the Riddler.
That punch sequence was awesome.
I'm looking forward to this even more than before now, got me hyped!

pretty obvious they're doing a buildup to joker. i doubt the 'payoff' will be in this movie

out of my ass speculation but i wouldn't be surprised if they carry the buildup through multiple movies

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
"In exploring the corruption at the heart of the story, Batman also begins to uncover a larger story of corruption within the city, and how it may connect back to the vastly wealthy and powerful Wayne family."
variety.com

‘The Batman:’ First Trailer Reveals Catwoman and the Riddler’s Deadly Game

“The Batman” writer-director Matt Reeves unveiled the first trailer for the film during the final panel for the DC FanDome event on Saturday. The moody teaser, set to Nirvana’s &#…

Could be reaching but maybe this will explore the origins of the Wayne family's wealth, which could be really exciting.

I like Batman a LOT but while the fact that he's an old-money white billionaire who beats the fuck out of petty criminals is a very common - even kinda boring - observation in the fandom it usually goes fairly underexplored in the films (BB and TDKR sort of gestured at the whole inequality thing but didnt do all that much with it).

Interesting that Joker went with the corrupt Wayne/inequality angle too.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
The first season was unanimously well received, second season's second half was somewhat divisive, third season I think was mostly well received but maybe not as much since it came after The defenders that people didn't seem to like very much.

From what I saw, most people loved S3 even more(and I even think it blows S1 away). Helped that it had a lot of distance from Defenders release date and there was little to no acknowledgement of it that season.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Mostly excited for Catwoman.

Like the look of the Batman suit. Don't like Bruce's haircut. :P

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
Looks nice. I'm concerned the general tone of the DC flicks are becoming...monotonous given what WW64 looks like.

C J P

Jul 28, 2020
London
Interesting that Joker went with the corrupt Wayne/inequality angle too.

That was the one part of that movie that really worked for me - the idea of the Waynes as this benign Good Billionaire philanthropist family is really out of step with the times; appreciate these are comic book films but IRL they're much more likely to be along the lines of the Sacklers or whatever.

I'm glad the franchise is catching up to the fact that it's very, very hard to amass and keep that much money without putting your boot on someone's neck.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not hundred percent on it, but looked good. Love how vicious Batman was when he pummeled that guy lol.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
"In exploring the corruption at the heart of the story, Batman also begins to uncover a larger story of corruption within the city, and how it may connect back to the vastly wealthy and powerful Wayne family."
variety.com

“The Batman” writer-director Matt Reeves unveiled the first trailer for the film during the final panel for the DC FanDome event on Saturday. The moody teaser, set to Nirvana’s &#…

Could be reaching but maybe this will explore the origins of the Wayne family's wealth, which could be really exciting.

I like Batman a LOT but while the fact that he's an old-money white billionaire who beats the fuck out of petty criminals is a very common - even kinda boring - observation in the fandom it usually goes fairly underexplored in the films (BB and TDKR sort of gestured at the whole inequality thing but didnt do all that much with it).

this quote plus the card with the owl on it...

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the fact that it's actually Cobain singing the Nirvana song and not some insipid cover is what makes it good.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I like the fact that Bruce has the black makeup when taking off his mask, a nice little touch that we haven't seen in the movies as far as I know.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Getting major Claude Rains Invisible Man/giallo killer vibes from this Riddler design

ioxZlUg.png

2rGq9hZ.png

Reminds me of the villain from 8mm

Iy2uuYG.gif

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'm uh, pretty neck-deep in this stuff and it was basically unanimous praise for S3.

Especially now that the show's gone, people have really realised what we lost.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I think people get wrapped up in the wrong things. Starting with a Batman movie that isn't telling an origin story only brings in one expectation, and that's whether it's a good movie.

These questions of authenticity and suits and whether the characters look and act a certain way mean nothing if the story isn't better than what's come before. That's what people have been waiting for since 2008, tbh.

Of course but we won't know that until we see the movie. The aesthetic stuff can be fun to talk about.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the general population is ready for Paul Dano as the Riddler. Such a fucking great actor in a role that I think will surprise people.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
variety.com

If you haven't, play the first TellTale Batman game. It's entirely about the Waynes and tells a very interesting, novel story about the origins of their wealth.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
This is the tone and atmosphere that I like out of Batman.

Pattison's already killing it with the physicality of Batman and that Batman costume looks clean as fuck.

I feel like the more realistic they try to make Batman, the harder it is for me to take him seriously.

Does that mean you take Clooney's Batman the most seriously out of the live action films?

SteveByDesign

Sep 11, 2019
So good. The hand to hand combat with Batman and the one baddie is better than any fight scene Nolan has ever shot.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
holy fuck this trailer. Goddamn. I love everything about this: Pattison, the suit, Gordon, Dano, that fight scene. Fuck me. I have a feeling this will end up as the best Batman movie.

Is it true that this trilogy will be one continuous story, like Lord of the Rings or other "real" trilogies? Please say yes. I'm starved for a great well-written Batman noir story.

Sega Dreamcast Could you put the Vimeo video in the OP? It has a higher bitrate.

vimeo.com

The Batman - DC FanDome Teaser

This is "The Batman - DC FanDome Teaser" by Matt Reeves on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.