• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
Nah,
latest

latest

latest

batman-michael-keaton.jpg
yeh, theyre not practical, but fuck these were PERFECT

ggdeku

Oct 26, 2017
That looked pretty cool tonally. Hopefully they really lean into the detective/mystery aspect.

The trailer leads up to and crescendos at that beatdown scene, but I thought the choreography of that clip, and the way the camera framed it, was pretty limp.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why is anyone asking who is speaking and whatnot. They are talking in riddles, the riddles are all over the trailer lol. Of course it's Paul Dano / The Riddler. The trailer ends with question marks.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
All this time I was thinking Dano is an odd choice for Riddler because Dano's style is much more calm and cold... and Riddler is so high strung.... But doing Riddler in Dano's energy..... brilliant.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
Man DC really killed it today (except for that Black Adam concept art trailer, that just made me lol)

Super excited for some of this stuff

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
1:31
Court of owl indeed

I wonder who is speaking in the trailer("please do not lie") ? Doesn't sound like Paul Dano
Maybe it's dano in mask? Are there any close ups of the guy using the duct tape towards the start of the trailer? The guy in the glasses and with I think tape on his face. Maybe thats him?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get why they didn't just get one of 100 character actors that could play Cobblepot if they were just going to make Colin Farrell into the typical Oswald look. Seems like so many unneeded steps. When they cast him I figured they might have been going for an alternate take, ala the Batman telltale games.

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
That was awesome. So, so happy to be out of the awful Batfleck era, and that this looks so great.

I think the Riddler was an amazing choice if he is the primary villain. He is so often misused just for comedic purposes imo, but the character with a darker tone I think could be amazing. With the right execution he could be elevated to Joker tier imo.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
This is the best superhero movie trailer I've ever seen by a long shot. The atmosphere is so good I feel like Reeves really did put a lot of effort into analyzing and improving Nolan's style, Pattinson's Batman instantly sells his motivation more so than the whole Rises movie. Also, Jeffrey Wright as a Gordon is a chef's kiss.

Oct 25, 2017
All this time I was thinking Dano is an odd choice for Riddler because Dano's style is much more calm and cold... and Riddler is so high strung.... But doing Riddler in Dano's energy..... brilliant.

It would be awesome if over the course of this movie or trilogy we see Riddler progress to that sort of character. Remember this is like the beginning stages of everyone right now.

BigAlKaiju

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 13, 2020
That's some good shit.

Always wanted DC to get back on a roll. Hyped for Suicide squad and Batman.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
To me that is as cartoony as the batman forever / batman and robin suits. too much decorative nonsense. The new one looks much more tactical and practical to build. I always hated this rubber look, as if rubber somehow is this bullet proof material. use proper armor and Kevlar instead, much more useful.
That's.... that's what the Dark Knight suit is made of. It's like 80 or 90% functional, there's barely anything decorative in it, the segments are there to facilitate movement.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the trailer was great. I'm worried about the quality of the film being affected due to the pandemic since only about 30% has been filmed and it seems like there won't be any more location shooting, but hopefully they can pull it off seamlessly.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Strange look for Riddler. Looks more like Hush, but I am here for this. Looks promising.

Great choice for the Commissioner. I thought I saw the Penguin in there with the prominent nose, that would be pretty cool if that was Farrell under all that.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Not my fav suit but MAN did Burton direct the shit out of it. This pic is beautiful.
Flawless casting too. DeVito and Pfeiffer were perfect as Penguin and Catwoman. This movie seems to be drawing most of its inspiration from Burton's films but adapting it to the mid 90s grunge, basically if Batman continued to be directed by an auteur in the 90s like Fincher instead of the glitzy and hammy Shumacher movies, and I love it.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
To me that is as cartoony as the batman forever / batman and robin suits. too much decorative nonsense. The new one looks much more tactical and practical to build.

nolan suits never sat well with me. felt like they were thinking from the old hat 'but how many toys can we sell?' angle (though i give the movies credit for "explaining" them, they aren't $10,000 suits tailored from the ether)

i read about how Begins was a pain in the ass to shoot with the suit getting smudges every five minutes and the crew having to rush in and clean it and i was kind of wtf, wouldn't smudges on a batsuit be in-line with this kind of 'universe'

Last edited:

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not too worried about no on location stuff... it might even be a boon as Gotham will feel entirely foreign and constructed... and pulpy which is a good thing

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get why they didn't just get one of 100 character actors that could play Cobblepot if they were just going to make Colin Farrell into the typical Oswald look. Seems like so many unneeded steps. When they cast him I figured they might have been going for an alternate take, ala the Batman telltale games.

Probably because there's something in Colin Farrell's ability as an actor that Reeves wanted for the character.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Why is anyone asking who is speaking and whatnot. They are talking in riddles, the riddles are all over the trailer lol. Of course it's Paul Dano / The Riddler. The trailer ends with question marks.

It ends in question marks because they're just not sure if they'll actually be able to release the movie theatrically this century.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Pattinson's suit looks like the best practical suit we've seen, particularly for faster paced fight scenes.

Batman Begins will always be my favorite Batsuit(even if it's amusingly leathery with too much light on it). Has a cool wraith-y feel to it.

a27d24_10877e15b2b546009f119f8fe09b73fd~mv2.gif

I think Bale could have pulled it off but Nolan just didn't want to go there with Bruce, unfortunately.
Oh no question Bale had the chops. I meant more their respective movies not the actors themselves.