• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
battfleck was the closest well ever to get to a batman in the physical sense,

RPATZ seems good, still a bit scrawny for the role, but definitely excited for this film.
I dont think him not being huge is a requirement for the characterization of batman. In fact, I think it makes more sense for him to be slimmer. Ben Affleck looked like he couldn't move or lacked flexibility when im suit due to how bulky he was.

I mean, Bruce also almost always kept his hair trimmed/slicked back. But here he is rocking the terry mcginnis hair cut (batman beyond) lol.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
RPATZ seems good, still a bit scrawny for the role, but definitely excited for this film.

I too am gutted about Batfleck. He was such perfect casting that was wasted to the point he left the role. Maybe with the Snyder Cut and Flash movie it'll open him up to coming back in future?
Any hesistance I had towards Rob's build or the suit have vanished with this trailer.

Batfleck will always be my number one, but this guy is going to kill it.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
On the physical build, I've never felt it made sense for Batman to be built like a linebacker. Strong sure but he'll also invariably need to be very fast and he's got a lot of different physical tasks he needs to acclimate his body toward.

Also, this isn't simply Nolan 2.0 to my eye. It wisely uses Nolan's naturalistic tone as a baseline (Reeves is a big fan of the Nolan films afterall), but this looks less beholden to reality, more gothic. The Fincher-esque cinematography is richer and moodier than the sterile realism of Nolan's films. But at the same time it's not as overtly stylish and comic booky as Snyder's work, with less gratuitous slow motion and rule of cool posing. I still couldn't imagine Clayface or more fanciful CGI creatures in this universe.

Yeah. It kind of has a Crow vibe almost.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
lol smashing pumpkins in batman again

Not a huge fan of the Batsuit but I think Robert is gonna kill the role.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Looks dope. Bummed we didn't get to see any of the major villains.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

They blitz deleting it from the internet.
They need to just release a high quality version and be done with it.
Wwc58er.gif

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
Gotham IS good.
There are literally hundreds of scenes of Batman at active crime scenes. Here is Dark Victory. A Year 3 comic this production team looked at:
5724dec9c9587d4354d447e1c1504856._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg
554d1d5c73533e525ae7d2fbcf5aafef.jpg

Great example. Look how muted and dark it is though. He can be in and out like a shadow.
You used a good but bad example.

Its actually more relevant to today. Overzealous cops go in half assed and once its determined they are wrong about the suspect they go in guns blazing anyway and make matters worse. Leave the GOAT series out of this. Its not even fair.

That said, I already had my reservations about the suit, so this just confirmed my feeling about it, but I will say that this is probably going to be one of the better Batman stories. Everything else I'm not sure.

I think the suit is awful too. A little too practical for me. True also I haven't seen
the movie yet. But it manage to somehow check every single box in my pet peeves
for Batman movies.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
I dont think him not being huge is a requirement for the characterization of batman. In fact, I think it makes more sense for him to be slimmer. Ben Affleck looked like he couldn't move or lacked flexibility when im suit due to how bulky he was.

I mean, Bruce also almost always kept his hair trimmed/slicked back. But here he is rocking the terry mcginnis hair cut (batman beyond) lol.
but battfleck did move well, id say he was the most mobile and brutal batman we've seen yet. nolan for all that he excels in, is terrible in that regard

Quade

Mar 8, 2019
I absolutely love everything about this. The noir/csi/Fincher style is making me giddy and Rob is going all in.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
On the physical build, I've never felt it made sense for Batman to be built like a linebacker. Strong sure but he'll also invariably need to be very fast and he's got a lot of different physical tasks he needs to acclimate his body toward.

Agreed, always preferred a middle ground where he's more lean

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Please update the OP and put a threadmark when the trailer in good quality drops.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Something about the cowl just doesn't look right to me... can't put my finger on it.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
This looks FUCKING GOOD. Looks way darker than the Nolan films and could actually have the potential to be even better. Holy shit.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Looks rad. I'm surprised to see that Riddler is indeed the main villain. I thought they would be going for a Year One type of thing where the mafia is the baddie with some Cobblepot thrown in. But it seems they are going all in with Se7en Riddler.

I'm ready for The Battinson.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they go hard with the detective stuff.

For Matt Reeves, nearly every live-action Batman film to date has lacked one crucial piece that is essential to the iconic DC character: his noirish detective skills. Speaking with The Hollywood Reporter, the War for the Planet of the Apes director revealed his plans for what is currently titled The Batman.

"It's very much a point of view-driven, noir Batman tale," he said. "It's told very squarely on his shoulders, and I hope it's going to be a story that will be thrilling but also emotional. It's more Batman in his detective mode than we've seen in the films. The comics have a history of that. He's supposed to be the world's greatest detective, and that's not necessarily been a part of what the movies have been. I'd love this to be one where when we go on that journey of tracking down the criminals and trying to solve a crime, it's going to allow his character to have an arc so that he can go through a transformation."

www.syfy.com

Matt Reeves promises that his Batman movie will go full noir 'detective mode,' could drop in 2021

For Matt Reeves, nearly every live-action Batman film to date has lacked one crucial piece that is essential to the iconic DC character: his noirish detective skills. Speaking with The Hollywood

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Unless I misheard, I'm pretty sure he said the Gotham PD show he's working on will be set in "Year One", not The Batman.
I tuned in mid when talking and thought it was weird that he was saying this movie was gonna follow a cop during year one as Batman's legacy grows. Makes sense that he was talking about the show.