• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
Really digging the suit. Still, i hope they do an official full reveal with Pattinson.
I want to see how the eyes look in the final design.

Hate it. Cowl looks awful and where is the cape? It has way too much going on as well. I mean what the hell is that shit all over his arms?

Just give me a live action version of this suit please.

23-1-1394386517.jpg
Funny how besides the eye part of the cowl, movie version is basically a live action Arkham Origins suit.

Last edited:

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
i know im the only person who thinks this but im so sick of gritty realistic batman

his name is batman. its okay for him to be goofy. he probably should be given hes just a billionaire cop with a bat theming at this point. when you get to the core of the character in modern times, its not really someone i would consider a hero. sure, he saves gotham, but is throwing them in arkham really addressing the root of the larger issues in the world? that criminals need to be put into the prison system to break out and cause trouble again?

not that i really expect a batman story to ever address the grander issues of the world at large but theres something inherently flawed about the concept and opposed to turning away from those elements by making more fantastical stories, the live action movies just tend to make these issues feel like they should be more in the forefront by treating this shit so seriously.

for me, a good batman story is the ones not focusing on batman. they keep going back to the well that is his dead parents shot in an alleyway mostly because thats really the only thing about batman inherently that has the pathos needed to form a story that's about something. but it's been more than played out at this point and they gotta find something different. im not sure if i really see that from everything so far.

Well the reason you don't consider Batman a hero is because he's an authoritarian bordering on fascist (depending on the story). There's certainly a sizable chunk of the audiences that does find authoritarian superheroes noble and admirable.

The only way a "serious" Batman story could actually do what you wish is to effectively show that Batman's method is wrong, which would break the nature of the character, which is to be reused and recycled over a century's worth of different stories and mediums. While I think Matt Reeves is a great director and the perfect fit for a Batman movie, I'm not sure we're going to get anything too deep into the meta narrative of who or what Batman is, without it ending on a resounding "okay maybe Batman does work after all."

There are certainly some superhero stories that are willing to go in the direction of "maybe just punching the bad guys and killing them/locking them up over and over won't do anything to solve society's problems" but it won't be in 200 million dollar blockbusters.

But hey shame about Lego Batman, it was a cute movie.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I thought from the suit test that they'd do a more sleek, simplified look, minus the chest plate.

I don't like this busy look. He also has Black Widow's gauntlets.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I repeat, All Black Batman is the worst color scheme. At a bare minumum it should be black and grey with yellow accents:

Even better if they can use all four traditional Batman colors (black, blue, gray, and purple)

I haven't liked blue as part of the Batsuit since like Hush era, but I do agree it needs color to stand out. Which is why I love the Rebirth suit so much and I hated how they tossed that shit out the minute Bendis wanted to go all classic Supes.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
This is supposedly a leaked image taken on set
ck83de2prwi41.jpg
People have noticed that the chair looks very similar to this one that Matt Reeves posted

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
I repeat, All Black Batman is the worst color scheme. At a bare minumum it should be black and grey with yellow accents:

Even better if they can use all four traditional Batman colors (black, blue, gray, and purple)

Yeah, this is all I ever wanted to see, but the folks behind these movies seem allergic to anything but black.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unsurprisingly, Warner Bros has put "The Batman" on a two-week hiatus due to COVID-19.

ew.com

Robert Pattinson's 'The Batman' production put on hold due to coronavirus

Robert Pattinson's 'The Batman' is the latest production to be put on hold due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Robert Pattinson's upcoming The Batman film, which has been shooting in London, is the latest movie production to be put on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic, EW has confirmed.

"Warner Bros. Pictures feature production of The Batman will be on a two-week hiatus starting today," Warner Bros. announced in a statement. "The studio will continue to monitor the situation closely."

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
When these pics first came out people were saying the bat symbol on his chest was made of pieces of the gun that killed his parents. Is that just a meme or is it supposed to actually be that? Because I can't make out how it's a gun at all.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
When these pics first came out people were saying the bat symbol on his chest was made of pieces of the gun that killed his parents. Is that just a meme or is it supposed to actually be that? Because I can't make out how it's a gun at all.
Twitter meme that has some basis due to it being done in the comics once. Except in the comics, Bruce melted it down into a steel plate which he put under the bat emblem on his chest. I don't even know if that was in a cannon book or just some one off to be honest.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda sad they are doing a CGI cape (or possibly a "cape retracts into suit"?) for the bike scenes.

I loved how they kept the real cape on for the Batpod scenes (which wasn't even planned, they were going to have him retract the cape until they saw first shots with the cape on the Batpod)

giphy.gif

bbc53ae9ccef23090d1c392274dfa362.gif
Wait are the cape and the bike both real in this shot? Uhhh if I was shooting that I'd be very nervous about how close that cape is getting to that exposed back wheel

EDIT: I see someone totally answered this above

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Twitter meme that has some basis due to it being done in the comics once. Except in the comics, Bruce melted it down into a steel plate which he put under the bat emblem on his chest. I don't even know if that was in a cannon book or just some one off to be honest.

One off story in Detective Comics 1000, so I wouldn't call it canon per say.

Oct 25, 2017

It may have became a meme but the day the teaser was released a lot of people thought the two pieces that join to make the symbol look like two gun grips.

Still think it might be but could be anything.

Samuel

Oct 27, 2017
Costumes always look wacky in real life.

After post production with lighting and color grading it'll look fine. This is how Hollywood works.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately this is not surprising at all. Film crews work physically close together. And the age range is rather large. Reeves is 54 himself, so it's best to shut down.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately this is not surprising at all. Film crews work physically close together. And the age range is rather large. Reeves is 54 himself, so it's best to shut down.
dont they isolate themselves during the shooting? otherwise, there will always be new cases that will shut down production.

Oct 25, 2017
dont they isolate themselves during the shooting? otherwise, there will always be new cases that will shut down production.

Well, according to this guy...

Everyone involved in any production currently in production at WB Studios, #TheBatman included, are tested AT LEAST 2x a week, and not allowed inside studios before results are out. #DailyMail made up the same nonsensical rumor about #JurassicWorldDominion in JUL, just saying...

So yeah, again, I'm waiting to hear more on this one way or another from the trades before freaking out over this.