• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Very excited for the team behind this, but disappointed that Rob didn't have time to get the proper physique for the character

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
"John Turturro (the "Transformers" films)"

giphy.gif
He left the series and then went fucking back! He will carry the shame forever.

*I actually like the Bay Transformer movies 🤷‍♂️

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting only one of them to be the straight up villain.

Catwoman is perennially in the anti-hero role, and Penguin has a history of being a neutral party in the comics, as does Riddler.
Personally I expect none of them to be the villain, just supporting characters that flesh out the world of Gotham. The villain will be someone like Hush or Holiday.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone worried about Pattinson not being a roided out freak in Hollywood, where guys who aren't even 5'10" can stare eye to eye with pro wrestlers and dead actors can be recreated on screen.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
We need to take a step back from jacked superhero's. I can understand Thor, and Superman I guess, but Batman doesn't need to be a beefcake. This whole HGH business feels like a nuclear arms race.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't show me that he isn't in shape...
No one said he wasn't. He trains in BJJ so I would expect him to be in shape.
"Proper physique" on the other hand likely means noticeably defined with some mass. In the shot posted above he's fine, above average. Forearms/arms give it away. Also keep in mind we're coming from Affleck so expectations could be skewed :P

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
No one said he wasn't. He trains in BJJ so I would expect him to be in shape.
"Proper physique" on the other hand likely means noticeably defined with some mass. In the shot posted above he's fine, above average. Forearms/arms give it away. Also keep in mind we're coming from Affleck so expectations could be skewed :P
I feel you. There's this as well...around that time he's wearing a MASSIVE flannel button up. Might be hiding some mass, but I'd be down for a Batman with a swimmer's physique. He does look a bit bigger...

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Very excited for the team behind this, but disappointed that Rob didn't have time to get the proper physique for the character

Can people maybe not complain about a ridiculously healthy looking guy who will definitely be pretty ripped isn't quite ripped enough?

And people wonder how these actors (and viewers) have mental issues about their looks...

Disco

Oct 25, 2017

Everybody here keeps saying "lean" batman but that actually implies muscle tone. This breh just looks straight up scrawny smh

It bothers me that i care about this though lol

Oh well, he'll be great in the part but they really should make him hit the gym proper for a few months before he films the sequel

That other picture somebody else quoted me with was promising tho. Anyways time for me to stop wringing my hands over this shit haha

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Can people maybe not complain about a ridiculously healthy looking guy who will definitely be pretty ripped isn't quite ripped enough?

And people wonder how these actors (and viewers) have mental issues about their looks...
I guarantee Pattinson, one of the most handsome human beings to ever live, cares about what I or any anyone else cares about how he looks

I just feel there is a certainly expectation for super hero actors, especially someone playing Batman, to get into the right shape. Look at Kumail killing it in his 40s to get swole.

Robert being a skinny Batman is jarring, especially when Affleck had the perfect physique for the character.

Ben come back

The Jeremy Strong as Harvey Dent dream lives though.
We don't deserve him

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine with a leaner Batman in the beginning. I can see him getting bulkier over the course of the movies, though.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so flippin' ready for this.

Is this in the DCEU or not?

Yes, no, and maybe. It's clear at this point that WB have moved away from trying to build an MCU-type connected universe and would rather focus on each film standing on it's own (Joker, Birds of Prey, WW84, Shazam, etc). However, if they want to, the door is always open to have, say, Wonder Woman team up with Pattinson's Batman. There's really no reason they couldn't.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
They've got all the classic villains, I want this to be a stealth remake of the 60s movie.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I guarantee Pattinson, one of the most handsome human beings to ever live, cares about what I or any anyone else cares about how he looks

I just feel there is a certainly expectation for super hero actors, especially someone playing Batman, to get into the right shape. Look at Kumail killing it in his 40s to get swole.

Robert being a skinny Batman is jarring, especially when Affleck had the perfect physique for the character.

Ben come back

We don't deserve him

His chest looks cg there.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I prefer John Turturro from "Big Lebowski," "Brain Donors," and "Quiz Show."

That's a more dignified list than "Transformers movies"

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be bad isnt it?

Maybe ive just never been a fan of catwoman, and collin as penguin just sounds ridiculous.

Should of been a batman beyond movie.