• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
It's not like there isn't cinematic precedent for having Joker be much older than Batman.
Eh, it'd be really corny if they went that route. Unless they go the Ace Chemicals route that makes him age slower or something.
Yeah, even older... he'd be like 70+. I'm mostly kidding. But then again, you never know what they'll do, lol. They could just have him indeed be that age.

I know lol I think they'll just avoid the connection all together but who knows.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Batman's clearly got the record for the greatest number of different actors playing the same character in film at this point, right?

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
Please let Alfred be a monkey butler in this one.

the_umbrella_academy_pogo_hero.jpg

Huey

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Gotham DA Gil Colson"

uh huh, sure. Hopefully, Gil makes a dent in crime and isn't as two-faced as the GCPD.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
You'd rather a sequel to a new original take on an iconic character rather than a different new original take on different iconic character?
As someone who doesn't give a fuck about comics or movies based off of comics I'm not really stoked about Batman in general. Joker had crossover appeal and actually stands alone as a good film and that character is Joaquin's right now. I'm sure if you're a Batman fan this'll be fun.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't think I've seen Zoe Kravitz stand out in anything, so hopefully this is a good premiere role for her.

Rest of the cast sounds pretty great, even though it's a shame they didn't get Tennant for Riddler.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I believe in Reeves but man, sucks it's taken this long to finally get it going. Hope we see the Batsuit before too long.

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
If they really wanted Phoenix's Joker in Batman, they could just put him in it and handwave the age discrepancy. and have him appear the same way in the present day. If it's a good movie, it won't matter

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any Batman movie in the same universe as The Joker, would just make you go "Man, Batman's a fucking fascist with orphan issues".

That movie felt so good in how it properly portrayed the shittiness of Gotham and the Waynes.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
What excites you about seeing Arthur Fleck going up against Batman? Fleck just bumbles his way into murdering a few people and starting a movement. He's not exactly a criminal mastermind.
Because he would be played by Joaquin, and you could have some moral nuance where the Joker represents dispossessed people and Bruce Wayne represents the wealthy.

At any rate, I'm sensing that I'm derailing the thread a bit by this point, probably since I caught the thread early and ended up being the first post. Sorry, I can shut up.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I have a strong feeling that Bats is going to be given this suit for the movie:

latest

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
So Cat Woman, Riddler, The Roman, the Penguin....I'm not good with my Batman conversions of real names to bad guy names.

Who else (bad guy/good guy major character wise) is in the movie?

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
John Turturro being billed as 'from the Transformers films' hurts me. I know it's technically true, but it still hurts.