• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I mean, obviously. They moved Dune to its' current date.

December 2021 makes plenty of sense, though releasing a noir Batman movie over Christmas probably isn't WB's ideal setup.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everything is gonna keep getting delayed if studios keep relying on theaters during the pandemic...

Might be time to accept that how we are living today is the new normal.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Excited but I'm a lil Batman-ed out. The wait can only help my enthusiasm. Same for the MCU's 12 month + cinematic break. Stay safe and don't make people rush to the theaters.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Batman is dated for October 2021 right? So with Dune being pushed to that date, Batman being delayed is pretty much a given I'd say. I really hope movie theaters survive til then..

Oct 27, 2017
The whole year has very clearly been a write off and there will be no consumer or social interaction confidence without mass vaccinations or some kind of cure (there isn't really a "cure" for flu so vaccinations it is).

Its best that everyone assume that anything that can be delayed probably will be. This will be particularly true for any title that was expecting to make up to (and including) a billion or more. This will also have knock on effects as titles won't want to compete with each other too much and hurt their sales potential so expect secondary delays as well.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Dune isn't going to make that much money, Batman doesn't need to move more than a few weeks back

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
What are the chances of this being definitely cancelled? Would think that some of the people involved would rather work in something that isn't an action movie, or having to hold out for a long time or whatever.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
What are the chances of this being definitely cancelled? Would think that some of the people involved would rather work in something that isn't an action movie, or having to hold out for a long time or whatever.

Zero chance it's cancelled outright. They will finish filming far, far before the release date, finish editing far before the release date, and sit on the film until they feel they can release it profitably. A hybrid release between theaters, HBO Max, and VoD seems like a good idea, but these studio execs are dinosaurs and America is holding the world back in terms of getting over COVID.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

Oof. Bummer.

Although if the Flash's June 2022 date holds, that means that we'll be seeing three different Batmen in the span of three months lol

edit: Actually just saw in the article Flash is moving to November. Well, still - three Batman in one year!

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My guess is every movie is getting pushed back one full year 2021 will be what 2020 was supposed to be for films, and so on.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
by the time studios feel like releasing new movies, most theaters won't exist anymore. What will they do then?

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds good. Assuming vaccines aren't a bust, we should be starting to get really get back to a normal life around then.

Have they started filming again since the rumor that Robert got covid?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
:(

Even as one of the people who wants to see Dune delaying this because of Dune seems ridiculous to me.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck, there needs to be a viable substitute for theaters, this is crazy.

There is just no way these giant expensive ass movies that are expected to make a billion dollars at the box office alone could ever survive digitally. So, I don't know what other options there are. We either get back to theaters, or movies of this size are dead.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Im gonna miss watching films on the big screen, this feels like this will he the end of that.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
by the time studios feel like releasing new movies, most theaters won't exist anymore. What will they do then?

I feel like this is already all but guaranteed. I think once this is all "over" we will wind up with new movie chains. Maybe Amazon Theaters!

I just don't see how any theaters survive this winter. Same with dine in restaurants.

Glasfrut

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I legit don't know what's happening with it, so I ask. I kept thinking it was being pushed back even before COVID.

Supposed to be filming really soon and casting is underway.
Yep, they've been casting and filming starts early next year. Though it sounds like it's kind of a dual Black Adam/JSA movie.

My guess is Marvel will at some point take Black Panther 2 off the calendar and move Strange 2 into that May 2022 slot.

Dope!

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
why the hell didn't they just use that March or December date for Dune? October was perfect for BATMAN.
It might just not be far enough along? Dune is probably almost done. Matrix 4 resumed filming over the summer, Batman had only restarted last month and then had to stop again for another two weeks.

Rickelodeon

Oct 25, 2017
Matrix 4 coming earlier softens the blow, so excited for that. More saddened by Shazam delay, 2023 is so far...

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Not getting Shazam 2 until 2023 really bums me out. We all need some light hearted fun nowadays. And man did the Tenet / Mulan combo just cripple US films?

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
It's hard to be excited for movies these days with the constant delays.
Thank god we still have shows to keep us occupied.