• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
You talking madness.

LMAO right? And give up what? Making movies?

They already have Robin ready to go if they choose to go that route.
The mayor's son

Nah it would be the kid
from the joker gang in the beginning
Not sure where all the talk of Mr Freeze has come from but that would be super cool for the sequel.

The cast has mentioned it.

I'm kinda wondering where people would fit this in their CBM list now that there's been a little bit of time to process. Tiny bit. I just don't have love for Nolan's trilogy, so I have Marvel joints I'd put above those.

Nolan's Trilogy
The Batman
Logan
X2
Spiderman NWH

It's weird how so many of y'all can't except more than one thing being good. Either one thing is the best ever or the other is dogshit. So Nolan's Batman is not "cartoony" with "bad cinematography" and "bad acting." But The Batman is now ultimate kino. Y'all need to go outside.

It's not just here, all over twitter. So because this movie is good (again I loved it too) everything before this is bad and not even Batman!

It's so good it makes me hate
the soft-peddling this film did regarding the Waynes.

I loved TellTale's different take on the Waynes in which Bruce's parents were basically monsters, as you expect from billionaires. We even see a bit of this in the Joker. So when this film alludes to that I was hoping they would follow this path. But then they quickly back peddle, nah Thomas Wayne was a good guy and made a small mistake which cost him his life. Boooo. I liked the TellTale alternative version because it changes Bruce's mission from that of vengeance to redemption. He must atone for his family's past, Gotham is so shit largely in part to this family. Thus, he sees it now as a responsibility to correct his family's mistake.

Disagree here.
I felt this works better in the movie because people aren't just good or bad. And Bruce needs to realize this, as he realizes his own mistake in the way he goes about solving Gotham's issues. We have seen bad Thomas Wayne and saint Thomas Wayne. This is more nuanced IMO.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Only way a new Joker could really escape that shadow is going full Scott Snyder horror movie Joker or straight-up doing TAS Joker in live action
Reeves said:

His joker is inspired by the man who laughs and elephant man.. the make up was done by the same person who did the penguin make-up.

the-man-who-laughs-conrad-veidt-joker.jpg

The-Elephant-Man-1-e1495732799989.jpg

We gonna find out that he deleted the scene to protect the kids.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird how so many of y'all can't except more than one thing being good. Either one thing is the best ever or the other is dogshit. So Nolan's Batman is not "cartoony" with "bad cinematography" and "bad acting." But The Batman is now ultimate kino. Y'all need to go outside.

I don't remember the context, but I thought something similar here, where people can't just celebrate what they like, it seems to be impossible.

And bad cinematography in Nolan's Batman movies? That's pure crazy talk.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO right? And give up what? Making movies?

Nah it would be the kid
from the joker gang in the beginning

The cast has mentioned it.

Nolan's Trilogy
The Batman
Logan
X2
Spiderman NWH

It's so good it makes me hate
the soft-peddling this film did regarding the Waynes.

Disagree here.
I felt this works better in the movie because people aren't just good or bad. And Bruce needs to realize this, as he realizes his own mistake in the way he goes about solving Gotham's issues. We have seen bad Thomas Wayne and saint Thomas Wayne. This is more nuanced IMO.
Ha. Idk how my name ends up with that Telltale take, but I didn't play the game, so...that ain't me. :)

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Disagree here.

There are no good billionaires.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I saw it last night:

+ Action scenes, driving scene, general dark tone, Riddler, plot, locations...

- Length? (even though it wasn´t that long for me), Catwoman-Batman relationship, "cameos"...

I really enjoyed this one! One of the best Batman films hands down.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda wondering where people would fit this in their CBM list now that there's been a little bit of time to process. Tiny bit. I just don't have love for Nolan's trilogy, so I have Marvel joints I'd put above those.
The Batman
Spider-Man 2
Into the Spider-Verse
Batman Returns
Spider-Man 1
Batman 89

Don't care for other cbms

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Oh man, for me it was a real hit and goes straight into my top 5. My top 5 right now:

Spiderman: Into the Spider-verse
The Dark Knight
The Batman
Spider-Man 2
Captain America: Winter Soldier

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I haven't thought about rankings that much, but I'd probably go....

Shazam
The Batman
Spiderman Homecoming
The Suicide Squad
Wonder Woman
Everything else Marvel/DC in a mishmash

Of note, this is not talking quality or anything like that, just how much I like the movie.

Last edited:

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Reeves said:

His joker is inspired by the man who laughs and elephant man.. the make up was done by the same person who did the penguin make-up.

We gonna find out that he deleted the scene to protect the kids.

I think Reeves said that even in the deleted scene we don't see his face. And neither scene is meant to indicate he is the main villain moving fwd.

Ha. Idk how my name ends up with that Telltale take, but I didn't play the game, so...that ain't me. :)

?

There are no good billionaires.

Fair but then you can also see Thomas wasn't good. They don't need to make him a complete scumbag like in Joker.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The problem I have with introducing Robin in these movies is the same problem I have with bringing Miles into the MCU Spider-Man movies: the hero is too young and/or too early in his career to start mentoring an even younger successor to take over.

I liked TDKR's approach, but mainly because that was Robin taking over as Batman (and more the idea of it than it actually happening in the film) than partnering side by side with him as the boy wonder. Ironically, I think the movie best positioned to bring Robin into things — on paper and in very broad strokes only — was Batman Forever…

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's tough and I reserve the right to change my mind in 5 minutes lol, but why not, heres a top 10:

1. The Batman
2. Spider-Man 2
3. Batman Begins
4. Batman 1989
5. The Dark Knight
6. Logan
7. The Crow
8. Thor: Ragnarock
9. Dredd
10. Spider-Man: No Way Home

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Need a rewatch or two to really solidify my thoughts, but I'm currently here:

1. Spider-Verse
2. The Dark Knight
3. Spider-Man 2
4. Blade
5. Logan
6. Dredd
7. Hellboy II: The Golden Army
8. Batman Returns
9. The Batman
10. V for Vendetta / Dick Tracy (couldn't decide between these two lol)

As much as The Batman nailed being the most Batman movie yet, the Mann-inspired tone, character dynamics, and Joker in TDK, and the Gothic-fantasy stylings of BR really resonant. But I'll have to revisit The Batman with foresight and without a dimmed theater bulb to really give it a proper ranking

Edit: does Conan count as a comic book movie? The comics started in the '70s, movie was 1982, but I don't think it's generally considered as one? If so, that would certainly be very high among my top CBM

Last edited:

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I mentioned before that I wasn't sure if Bruce Wayne appeared in a single shot of the movie, that it was Batman the whole way through, and how unique of a take that was. I think I'd backtrack a bit and say Bruce is in there, however he is in a state of arrested development. He's a 10 year old boy inside who hasn't gotten over his trauma. And instead of looking within himself to find Batman like most previous incarnations of the character, this time he is using Batman to try to climb out of his trauma. Just a staggeringly cool and unique take on the character that I don't think we've ever seen onscreen before.
I think there is one moment in the film where Bruce, with no hint of Batman, does break through: when he's racing back to the penthouse and phoning Dory to get Alfred and get out of there. There's a desperation and fear in his voice that makes him sound noticeably younger than any other time in the movie. It's the scared little boy poking through.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think there is one moment in the film where Bruce, with no hint of Batman, does break through: when he's racing back to the penthouse and phoning Dory to get Alfred and get out of there. There's a desperation and fear in his voice that makes him sound noticeably younger than any other time in the movie. It's the scared little boy poking through.

Yup, also the first time he seemed to realize there might be bleed-over between his Batman and Bruce lives after all.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

That's for sure, the very real threat of going through that loss and pain again snaps him right back to his 10 year old self.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Arkham Asylum still the GOAT in that franchise and you can't convince me otherwise. Man I loved that game.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I realized this weekend that I bought the Arkham games on steam a few years back during one of their sales but never played it. Started Arkham aslyum (and only an hour in).
If its your first time playing them at all you're in for a treat! The 3 main games are great, I never played origins.

supkid

Oct 29, 2017
Dublin, Ireland

My Top 10

Spider-Man
Superman
Batman Begins
The Batman
Spider-Man : No Way Home
The Dark Knight Rises
Batman Returns
The Dark Knight
Sin City
Guardians of the Galaxy

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Since we're posting rankings, I guess my top 5 would be something like (in no particular order):

The Batman
The Dark Knight
Spider-Man 2
Logan
Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse

Sep 12, 2018
It's in my top 3 superhero movies right alongside Unbreakable and Spider-Man 2, in fact it might even be number 1 for me. It's not a perfect film by any means and I think it'd take a CBM transcending its influences and becoming a total original that's greater than the sum of its parts to get into my 10/10 movies club but still I find The Batman is easily the most refreshing live action superhero movie in years and has a texture and pulse unlike anything else in the genre. It's the closest I can come to putting a superhero movie in the same category as great blockbusters like Mad Max Fury Road, The Matrix, Terminator 2 and Die Hard. I really hope it sends a message that comic book movies with colossal budgets needn't be flavorless grey sludge with lowest common denominator humor.

vpricot

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure it's been mentioned before but I'm absolutely sure that Batman needing to jump to the electric cable and cut it manually with the removable chest piece, leading to his nasty fall, is gonna lead to him creating the Batarang.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Any word as to when it's available to preorder in the US? Tried googling but didn't find anything.
I was looking as well, unfortunately this tweet was the only thing I really found. I'd imagine we won't have to wait too long as spider-man no way home's steelbook went up for pre-order pretty quickly after it hit theaters

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they are able to get Jeremy Strong as Dent in the next outing. I know he initially passed on the role.. he is probably still method acting as Kendall Roy.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they are able to get Jeremy Strong as Dent in the next outing. I know he initially passed on the role.. he is probably still method acting as Kendall Roy.

I wonder if that was a false report and he was just going to be the DA that Peter Sarsgaard played. Jeremy Strong as Mr. Freeze would rule too tho.

Oct 26, 2017
I still think of this movie daily since I saw it last Tuesday haha.

I agree with the sentiment about the score. Listening to the contrast between Vengeance in the Rain and The Batman tracks beautiful captures Bruce's journey in this movie and I fucking love that he has
two themes essentially, one that instills fear into everyone really and the one later that inspires and instills hope into people. I absolutely love it.
Probably the best use of a score in a Bats movie.

I really want to rewatch it because I feel like an outlier when it comes to that car chase scene which did absolutely nothing for me. It was so noisy that I spaced out and used those mins to take a breather. Car chases in general do zero for me though.

I only like 4 Batman movies and still think '89 is by far my favorite but I'll be damned if this doesn't rank second on my personal list (also liked Begins and Returns)

Feb 16, 2022
Not convinced that was actually for Dent, but Strong is a tad too old for that. Andrew Garfield would be great. Either as Dent or Freeze.

Hell, if Reeves had gone for a more manic Riddler, like in the Arkham Games, Garfield would have been perfect for that.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
I want Jeremy Strong to play Dent but only if he talks like Kendall Roy the whole time

I also kinda think John David Washington would be a good choice too

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it's been mentioned before but I'm absolutely sure that Batman needing to jump to the electric cable and cut it manually with the removable chest piece, leading to his nasty fall, is gonna lead to him creating the Batarang.
Him puncturing the fire extinguisher could also lead to him creating his smoke bombs too