• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
people talk about avatar leaving no lasting impact, but this franchise made $3B at the box office and it's not the topic of any conversation ever.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
will this explain where all the goofy clothes came from?

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Good luck. The books reception was mixed at best and the last Hunger Games movie was the lowest grossing one.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
i like the previous films even though they were shaky at the end so why not

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
people talk about avatar leaving no lasting impact, but this franchise made $3B at the box office and it's not the topic of any conversation ever.
I mean, it ended.

Hunger Games is one of my favorite book series but it had its time, and that's fine. Nothing needs to be dragged on forever.

Plus Mockingjay is the overall worst book / movie(s), so it ends on a bit of a low note overall. Catching Fire was just too good.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

everyone is rightly embarrassed that we as a society just sat by and let "hanging tree (club remix)" become a billboard top 10 hit

Jan 6, 2019
The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes is actually a really good prequel with young President Snow as the main character, and concerns that it would humanize a monster were unfounded. It does not. It does show how the games evolved to what the original books/movies showed, and if they tighten up a couple slow parts from the book, it should be a good movie. I actually "read" it by listening to the audiobook, which was read by the guy who played the villain Hans in the first Frozen movie lol

BDrummer1606

Oct 27, 2017
Catching Fire as a book and movie were so good, I still go back and watch every now and then. But man, the third book was a travesty and I'm not sure any studio could have made the last movie good.

After the last book, I'm not sure how much interest there is for this though. Who really wants to see a prequel of the main antagonist?

ResetSoul

Banned
Jul 29, 2021
Literally the only thing interesting to me in these books/movies is the premise they're named after and they spend almost no actual time on it, now there's going to be a prequel before it even started?

Compelling.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
I thought the book was actually really good and very powerful at times. Young Snowe is an interesting character. I can't wait!

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know the last book is the low point, but did people not like the ending? Even if the overall book isn't as exciting as 1 and 2, I REALLY like the end state of the universe and how it ends the series.

"But there are much worse games to play." is such a good closing line.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

I made this joke at work recently when I realised that my coworkers and I jokingly saying "I volunteer as tribute" was the only time it ever came up.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
I know people are down on Hunger Games as whole, but I thought the first two movies were very good, especially the second. The countdown scene in the first movie was also really cool.

Wasn't it after Hunger Games that all these Battle Royale games started popping up? I definitely remember Hunger Game events happening in Minecraft and then PUBG and Fortnite. I know everybody wants to say its because of the Japanese book and movie that we have these games, but come on, they got popular because the majority of people are convinced that they'd totally survive the Hunger Games.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
Part 1 of the last movie was the first and only time I've ever fallen asleep in a theater.