• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
I've never really watched any of the other bachelor shows, but count me interested. This has been fun!

Oct 28, 2018
Such a mess of a season. Peter and Madison obviously aren't compatible and aren't going to last long term, but his mom is absolutely nuts. Nobody comes out of this unscathed, what a shit show.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
So we got the singing show, the Bachelorette, Summer Games and Paradise?

Damn. Is that too much?

Also the Claire thing summed up like this...

1uki00.jpg

Last edited:

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
So I woke up too early and watched this before work. What a fascinating conclusion to this mess.

Hannah Ann needs a title. Hannah Ann the Destroyer of Peter the Pilot. Peter got a well deserved roasting. Which he knew was coming. What he didn't see coming was his family's lack of support with Madison.

Which leads us to his mom. Who I feel a little bad for because reading between the lines she was getting a lot of hate in her DMs, so she was out to defend herself. That's not a reason to attack Madi, though. I think Madi wanted to say things better left unsaid so she didn't say them, so what she did say was kind of weird. Peter looked devastated from his family's reaction.

What a crazy season.

Side note: Clare seems cool. Very well spoken and didn't use the word "like" every other word.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
i'm dating a girl who summarized/introduced me to this show last night during the finale.

what a wild ride.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Butt chugging the champagne would've avoided all these problems and really sent a message.

sersteven

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
Hey guys me and my girlfriend want to get in on the Bachelor action. It doesn't seem to be on any of the streaming services we have (Amazon/Hulu/Netflix).

Is it even worth going back and watching prior seasons, or just hop right into this new season?

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I don't know if anyone has gone from "They are cool" to "What a fucking bitch" as fast as Barb did for me. Good lord I couldn't imagine that woman being my in law. It does bring a whole new light into why Peter kept around all the crying ladies for so long, his mom uses tears for manipulating him.

Blackjaw

Nov 21, 2017
Aren't some of these girls/guys professional grifters that jump from one reality show to the next?

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys me and my girlfriend want to get in on the Bachelor action. It doesn't seem to be on any of the streaming services we have (Amazon/Hulu/Netflix).

Is it even worth going back and watching prior seasons, or just hop right into this new season?
Is it not on Hulu? We had to watch all of Bachelorette on there last season

Nov 7, 2017
Cant wait for all the "Miami Pool Party with guest DJ Peter from The Bachelor" parties to start happenning. Hes such a loser

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
When we looked a few days ago they only have like 5 of the latest epsidoes. It was missing the beginning of the season and I didn't see any older seasons.

Yeah, Hulu is annoying like that. I'd say it is worth just jumping in middle this season. The early episodes have so many women that if you had been watching from the beginning you would have forgotten their names by the time you reached the middle.

coldzone24

Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Andddd Madi and Peter already "broke up". They definitely weren't together during the ATFR and I'm willing to bet that the only reason Madi came back was so that the producers could try to salvage this season somehow. Imo the only person who came out looking good was Hannah Ann.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Peter should have ended up with the producer dammit.

Andddd Madi and Peter already "broke up". They definitely weren't together during the ATFR and I'm willing to bet that the only reason Madi came back was so that the producers could try to salvage this season somehow. Imo the only person who came out looking good was Hannah Ann.

It's a shame Hannah's definitely too young at the moment for Bachelorette. Maybe in a couple years.

But yes, I flipped hard on her in a positive way towards the end of the season.

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Well if the rumors are true then he did, along with Kelley and several other women. It makes me wonder if he was on the show for the right reasons.

Oh, Peter was 100% on the show because Bachelorette made him seem like a sex god, and he figured he would use that to get with women he otherwise would have no shot with. Like, Victoria is 100x more attractive than any other woman Peter has ever talked to in a non-reality show setting.

I don't think Peter is bad-looking, mind, but he's from LA and is probably like an 8 there at best.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Wife made me watch this finale and after show. What a piece of shit. I liked the girl that won and then didn't actually win. The Mom was not playing lol

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Peter was a vapid toolbag who got exposed HARD by Hannah Ann. Most things he ever said, to basically any of the women, were so horribly and generically "sweet", it was like watching my teenage self dating in high school.

Hannah Ann was originally just cute but kinda boringly sweet, but I started liking her when it was down to her, VF, and Madi, and she was basically like "Madi is going to have to get over Peter and I fucking". I'm glad Peter was humiliated and I'm glad Barb cheered it on.

He and Madi deserve each other (although not surprised it didn't work). She is a great, albeit even more boring, counterpart to him. And by great, I mean awful.

Also, GTFO of here with those spider eyelashes.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Naw, if she's smart she'll hold out for Bachelorette next year. Paradise is very much the drunken cousin of the franchise and it's difficult to come back from it to the mainline.

I mean yeah I'd be cool with it either way

I really liked Mykenna too so I hope she comes back

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Apparently summer games production was shut down due to the international travel ban. So we may not get summer games this year afterall

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
This is considered drama and trashy reality TV nowadays?

Good thing I stopped after Flavor of Love, I knew it would all be downhill from there

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
It just blows me away how not only do these "relationships" never work out, they don't even last long after production wraps.

Nov 7, 2017
Maybe its just me but ever since Ari this show seems to get more and more scripted to be "the most dramatic finale ever" to the point of being like a movie. i didnt watch a lot of the earlier season tho

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Maybe its just me but ever since Ari this show seems to get more and more scripted to be "the most dramatic finale ever" to the point of being like a movie. i didnt watch a lot of the earlier season tho

Colton kinda upped the stakes organically with the fence jump, so now they have to script it to match/exceed that.

The fence jump redefined the trajectory of the show.

Whoops, switched Colton/Arie. Colton was only last year.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
It just blows me away how not only do these "relationships" never work out, they don't even last long after production wraps.

Quite a few have worked out but yeah, overall they do not, but let's be honest here they know each other for a couple of months and don't get much 1 on 1 time and then can't see each other for a couple of months after it ends. It's not a setup for success anyway. I watch this shit for the drama and to laugh at how hilarious it is most of the time.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
2 of the last 3 seasons now, the "winner" has gotten broken up with before the finale because the bachelor can't get over the runner up. Lol that's why you can't let yourself fall in love with 2 people. Polygamy is still illegal

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Peter was the absolute worst. He was there to fuck as many girls as he could. Then he tried to redeem himself by choosing Madison, but there's no connection there at all. They looked pained to say they liked each other at the end of the finale.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Peter was the absolute worst. He was there to fuck as many girls as he could. Then he tried to redeem himself by choosing Madison, but there's no connection there at all. They looked pained to say they liked each other at the end of the finale.
Day after the live finale on Tuesday Peter probably was like "Okay Madison for real though, nice act in front of the camera to pretend you were celibate so your religious parents wouldn't disown you, but we fuckin' right?"

Madison: "no"

Peter: "WTF bye"

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Everything about this season was a hot mess. Peter, like 80% of the women that made it past a couple rose ceremonies, and of course him mom. Peter just seems to be attracted to drama and is lowkey super dramatic himself. The producers loved it and would play right into it, seemingly more than ever.

I can't say that I hate the drama since it's always been an entertaining element of the show, but between the manufactured drama, all the non-manufactured drama, and just all the bullshit all around, I really don't know if I'll keep watching.

I don't think I was rooting for anyone outside the first couple weeks and I don't think I really like anyone by the end. Hannah Anne grew on me a little, but even then I can't say I was on Team Hannah at all. By the end, I was just hoping to see a mature, sensible connection potentially form or miraculously emerge between Peter and one of the final women or pending that just waiting to see how badly it would all blow up in Peter's face (which seems to be a reoccuring theme for the last several seasons of Bachelor and Bachelorette). The producers seem to want to pick the most attractive people that are the least ready for a serious relationship and it's stupid, especially when the contestants are almost transparently thinking more about their potential TV career more than trying to find love.