• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Was looking forward to playing this tonight, but I don't know if I'll be able to drag myself away from Hollow Knight.

Do we know if this has cheevos?

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Whoa, today? For some reason I had June 29th in the back of my mind. Amazing, definitely gonna devour this tonight.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
No preload on Steam D: best case scenario, I'll play it tomorrow. Can't wait to see what Dontnod have prepared for LiS 2.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Do I play LiS1, then Before the Storm, and then the Farewell episode?
Yup, play them in that order. Before the Storm sort of spoils / references a major part of the original game at the very end, and the Farewell episode is just that: a farewell to the characters for people who played both games.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I know its story is completely unrelated, but I can't help but find it weird playing this before I've played Before the Storm. I've been meaning to play BtS for a while now so I think I know what I'm playing this week.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
The choices you do in this game will be reflected in LIS2? I like such ideas. i wonder if this will use the saves.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Has there been a total confirmation on saves carrying over to LiS2? 'Cause that'd effectively lock the platform I play Captain Spirit on for that game.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Has there been a total confirmation on saves carrying over to LiS2? 'Cause that'd effectively lock the platform I play Captain Spirit on for that game.
I don't think they've fully confirmed a save transfer, but they said that some choices in Captain Spirit will carry over to LiS 2. SE Toby probably knows, so perhaps he can give an answer?

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
Damn.

Hope my PC can handle the new engine, guess this will be a test if my GTX 970 will be able to handle LiS2. I have the option of playing on my PS4 Pro but don't know if that will be 60 FPS.
970 is mid-range at worse, and unless it's really badly optimized I can't imagine that card struggling with 60fps.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Steam says its the 26th this unlocks? I'm confuuuuused.

xaR1odG.png

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
It's up on Steam now. Maybe try exiting and restarting it, I'm downloading now.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Got it downloading on Steam now. I'm looking forward to digging into it tonight.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Looked everywhere on the Playstation store and couldn't find it.

Turns out it's under Life is Strange Season 2 page as a free demo. smh Square.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Might be a tad slow for some at the start but easily as good as the original game when it comes to playthroughs and discussions leading to new information and done so here with a bit more subtly. Also god damn at times it looks amazing.

Also while they are a bit cagey overall. My god I hope the story continues with this characters because damn.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This was fantastic, I seriously cant wait for LiS 2

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
really disappointing it doesn't have trophies. why play it when i could be playing a game with trophies, you know?

gah.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Oh it's a demo, no wonder I couldn't find it under the new releases tab on psn... also ya disappointed slightly that there aren't any trophies attached but oh well, free is free.