• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm debating getting it myself, the only AC game I've ever liked was Black Flag but I really liked it and consider it in my top 10 games of the gen. The main reason I liked Black Flag was the non-AC parts where I just got to be a pirate, and I've heard they've changed up the AC formula a lot with the past couple of entries so I'm interested again.

I'm exactly the same as you on AC. I didn't like Origins either though so I'm pretty skeptical

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
They thanking ERA is probably the worst thing that could've happened to this thread since it just enabled the looneys to go even more batshit w/ the dick measuring contest.

The funniest part is the loudest lunatics in this thread will be getting a hollow victory no matter which game wins as the count is so close at this point.

Feels like both titles have equal share of GOTY awards by and large.

Though it won't keep the warriors from tearing each other apart over a few measly percentage points sadly.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
AC Odyssey got one Angie22 !!

giphy.gif
It will be the perfect Cinderella comeback story. You will see

Oct 27, 2017
I still have to make my own GOTY list submission, but AC Odyssey being at the top is not an impossibility, it was that cohesive and thorough an experience.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I still have to make my own GOTY list submission, but AC Odyssey being at the top is not an impossibility, it was that cohesive and thorough an experience.

Did you play Origins and do you have a fave between the two?

Been a long time since I played an AC game I'm trying to decide between these two.

I'm leaning Origins as I like the setting more and I hear Odyssey is stupid with filler content.

Oct 27, 2017

Been a long time since I played an AC game I'm trying to decide between these two.

I'm leaning Origins as I like the setting more and I hear Odyssey is stupid with filler content.

Yep, and it's tough to choose at the outset. Origins still has a ton of enemy forts and such that you'll also consider it as filler by the time you're through, so with both games you do as little or as much side stuff as you want.

If you have the time and are going to play both eventually, I would say Origins first. Though shorter than Odyssey, it's a huge game on its own, probably super cheap by now, the spectacle of Egypt in this game is fantastic, and the story is ultimately worth experiencing.

I still need to play the Origins DLC, then go and play the Odyssey DLC. I'll definitely have a good time with both.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

I finished Origins a few days ago and going through Odyssey now, both game are pretty similar aside from setting and some combat changes but I prefer Odyssey so far, that's not to say Origins isn't worth it of course it was great too, seems like Odyssey has better writing and a more interesting story, combat is solid in both and the side quests (only the ones with !) are good in both.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, and it's tough to choose at the outset. Origins still has a ton of enemy forts and such that you'll also consider it as filler by the time you're through, so with both games you do as little or as much side stuff as you want.

If you have the time and are going to play both eventually, I would say Origins first. Though shorter than Odyssey, it's a huge game on its own, probably super cheap by now, the spectacle of Egypt in this game is fantastic, and the story is ultimately worth experiencing.

I still need to play the Origins DLC, then go and play the Odyssey DLC. I'll definitely have a good time with both.

I finished Origins a few days ago and going through Odyssey now, both game are pretty similar aside from setting and some combat changes but I prefer Odyssey so far, that's not to say Origins isn't worth it of course it was great too, seems like Odyssey has better writing and a more interesting story, combat is solid in both and the side quests (only the ones with !) are good in both.

Cool.

Thanks for the feedback, gang.

Looks like I'll follow my gut and go with Origins first.

REALLY excited about that bonus "Tourist Mode" content as well. Man I wish more titles set in historic settings did this.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
This was already posted in this thread. Also there was no need to quote a post that you already did. You are just trying to get around what you were already told not to do. Either go back and add it to that post or just post your new one.

Thanks to the mod who actioned this post, the gatekeeping in this thread by Mercenary09 and previously Borowski is frankly ridiculous. Members should be free to post their findings, and it's up to the blog person to decide what counts. The hostility towards anyone posting RDR2 GOTYs makes this thread unreadable.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Thanks to the mod who actioned this post, the gatekeeping in this thread by Mercenary09 and previously Borowski is frankly ridiculous. Members should be free to post their findings, and it's up to the blog person to decide what counts. The hostility towards anyone posting RDR2 GOTYs makes this thread unreadable.
No one is having problems with posting RDR2 picks though? It's posting the same one multiple times that caused it.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
User Warned: intentionally posting banned source
Mod edit: removed banned source

Last edited by a moderator:

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited by a moderator:

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
This was already posted in this thread. Also there was no need to quote a post that you already did. You are just trying to get around what you were already told not to do. Either go back and add it to that post or just post your new one.
So this deserves 5 days ban, but telling people to fuck off doesn't even get a warning.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The funniest part is the loudest lunatics in this thread will be getting a hollow victory no matter which game wins as the count is so close at this point.

Feels like both titles have equal share of GOTY awards by and large.

Though it won't keep the warriors from tearing each other apart over a few measly percentage points sadly.
"So close"? God of War has 32 GOTY awards more.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Wooo! It took awhile but RDR2 finally joins the 100 awards club as well!

Red Dead Redemption 2 - 100

The Critics' Picks - 79

The Readers' Picks - 21

Deserved! :)

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
both Game Informer's staff and their readers have chosen god of war as game of the year.
in fact, red dead did not win a single award by the staff and only won best co op game with 15% (while barely edging out a way out with 14% and monster hunter world with 13%)

Goty picks now updated with these and a few others, 32 lead so we back to the peak it was before.

Last edited:

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Time to welcome RDR2 into the 100 GOTYs club:
2015 - The Witcher 3 - 257
2013 - The Last of Us - 249
2011 - Skyrim - 227
2017 - Breath of the Wild - 189
2016 - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - 165
2013 - GTA V - 160
2014 - Dragon Age Inquisition -134
2018 - God of War -133
2010 - Red Dead Redemption - 111
2009 - Uncharted 2 - 111
2018 - Red Dead Redemption 2 - 101
2010 - Mass Effect 2 -101
2016 - Overwatch - 102

Total is currently at 282. GOW currently holds a 47% lead, RDR2 with 36%.

Top 10 GOTY winners by percentage.

1. Witcher 3 - 58%
2. BOTW - 57%
3. RE4 - 57%
4. Skyrim - 56%
5. Uncharted 2 - 52%
6. TLOU - 47%
7. KOTOR - 46%
8. Uncharted 4 - 40%
9. Red Dead Redemption - 38%
10. Half-Life 2 - 38%

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Will the GOTYpicks site use Era's GOTY winners in their list like they have with GAF in the past?