• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Borowski

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Jun 24, 2018
There are so many gotys which are not added in a year and then added the next year. Maybe these sites started giving gotys from this year only. This is no reason to not include them.

Maybe next year, for sure.

Not this year in the middle of things.

Many websites posted in this thread were not counted, giving goty to different games

If he's following the rules, i totally understand.

Adding new sites now would create bias towards either side

The Metacritic case is different and i have explained why, with arguments.

Ezio2048

Jan 2, 2019
Maybe next year, for sure.

Not this year in the middle of things.

Many websites posted in this thread were not counted, giving goty to different games

If he's following the rules, i totally understand.

Adding new sites now would create bias towards either side

The Metacritic case is different and i have explained why, with arguments.

What rules man. What rules is he following. That is exactly my point. He is not following his rules written in his blog. Read those rules and tell me one reason why these gotys shouldn't be included.

Borowski

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
What rules man. What rules is he following. That is exactly my point. He is not following his rules written in his blog. Read those rules and tell me one reason why these gotys shouldn't be included.

Like I said, maybe next year. Not at this point

If a gaming website listed on Metacritic and Opencritic, like Video Chums, does not count, why should the Ringer be counted?

If we see a listed website giving goty to RDR 2, we'll post it

Ezio2048

Jan 2, 2019
Like I said, maybe next year.

If a gaming website listed on Metacritic and Opencritic, like Video Chums, does not count, why should the Ringer be counted?

If we see a listed website giving goty to RDR 2, we'll post it

Listen bro, what the hell do you mean by listed website. Listed where? If you mean listed in "previous years", then by that logic only sites listed in 2017 should be added in 2018, nothing else. But are you sure that all gotys so far listed were listed in 2017?

Borowski

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Listen bro, what the hell do you mean by listed website. Listed where? If you mean listed in "previous years", then by that logic only sites listed in 2017 should be added in 2018, nothing else. But are you sure that all gotys so far listed were listed in 2017?

Pretty sure that all of them were listed in 2017 or 2016

Like EGM, one that i've posted, giving goty to RDR 2.

They were there in previous years, they were added.
As simple as that

Ezio2048

Jan 2, 2019
The Ringer - gaming content almost no existent
Hitc - personal list and gaming section of like 1 month lol
The Star - one personal list

For hitc, what makes you say it's a personal list

For the star, read the last line, it's taken from "the mercury news", which has been included in previous years.

Last edited:

Borowski

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
For hitc, what makes you say it's a personal list

For the star, read the last line, it's taken from "the mercury post", which has been included in previous years.

It's a personal list

"Here are my top 10 games"

Hitc was not listed. Plus, what the hell is that?

Curious that your first post on the forum is to give RDR 2 more awards, lol

Ezio2048

Jan 2, 2019
I
It's a personal list

I don't care who wins but i sometimes don't understand the logic of including the sites in that list. And the mercury news should be added right?

Borowski

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
I

I don't care who wins but i sometimes don't understand the logic of including the sites in that list. And the mercury news should be added right?

It's his logic. He have to respect that

And i don't think it should count. It's a personal list. "My games of the year"

Ezio2048

Jan 2, 2019
It's a personal list

Also, for god of war, it already has everything listed that i know of. And the whole Sony community is already backing it up by sending the gotys. Very few people balancing the goty search by sending for rdr2.

Borowski

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Also, for god of war, it already has everything listed that i know of. And the whole Sony community is already backing it up by sending the gotys. Very few people balancing the goty search by sending for rdr2.

That's not true

If you look in this thread, there are a lot of GOTY awards for God of War that were no included

Borowski

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
"I don't care who wins"

-posts a ton of websites, coming from God knows where, giving it to RDR 2

-calls us a Sony community

Lol, of course you don't

Ezio2048

Jan 2, 2019
"I don't care who wins"

-posts a ton of websites, coming from God knows where, giving it to RDR 2

-calls us a Sony community

Lol, of course you don't

I am Sony gamer too. Check my psn username Ezio2048. Platinumed gow and Spider-Man and i love gow absolutely too. What's wrong in posting gotys for another game that i love too.

Borowski

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
User Banned (3 Days): Repeatedly attempting to dictate the terms of thread participation, antagonizing other members
I am Sony gamer too. Check my psn username Ezio2048. Platinumed gow and Spider-Man and i love gow absolutely too. What's wrong in posting gotys for another game that i love too.

I'm not a Sony gamer.

Just a gamer. I don't care what the platform is, or who is the publisher or dev for any game.

You come here and keep spamming the place with all obscure websites giving awards to RDR 2.

You do care who wins. It's crystal clear

Just don't try to bend the rules

Ezio2048

Jan 2, 2019
I'm not a Sony gamer.

Just a gamer. I don't care what the platform is, or who is the publisher or dev for any game.

You come here and keep spamming the place with all obscure websites giving awards to RDR 2.

You do care who wins. It's crystal clear

Just don't try to bend the rules

Yeah i can see how "just a gamer you are" and "how much you don't care who wins". And how much you have issues with someone trying to post something just like everyone else.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Okay please stop this. The intention of the thread isnt the accuse one or the other of being a fanboy or whatever. It is to inform era users about the goty winners and to help gotypicks blog find the websites. This argument only hurts both of these goals. Just post whatever you find, and it is okay to be happy when a game you like wins an award.

Borowski

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Yeah i can see how "just a gamer you are" and "how much you don't care who wins". And how much you have issues with someone trying to post something just like everyone else.

I've posted awards for GoW, RDR 2, Spider-man, Monster Hunter, Shadow of the colossus, Celeste and even Tetris, i think.

You posted a bunch of obscure websites for RDR and nothing more.

That's the difference

Ezio2048

Jan 2, 2019
Okay please stop this. The intention of the thread isnt the accuse one or the other of being a fanboy or whatever. It is to inform era users about the goty winners and to help gotypicks blog find the websites. This argument only hurts both of these goals. Just post whatever you find, and it is okay to be happy when a game you like wins an award.

Yup. Thanks. I was just listing sites i found and asking why they are not listed yet. You're right. I'll just post what i found and move on.

Borowski

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
https://unboxholics.com/stories/36224-game-of-the-year-2018-apotelesmata-psifoforias

God of War

Listed on the site

Screenshot-20190103-082108.png

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Is the issue with RDR2 not that it isn't a top class game but the fact it didn't deserve a 97? If it got say a 94 would people be happier? Maybe people feel GOW deserved higher then it go or could be a combination of both. Having played GOW I can't see how it's rated below TLOU so I personally think it deserves around 96.

Borowski

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Is the issue with RDR2 not that it isn't a top class game but the fact it didn't deserve a 97? If it got say a 94 would people be happier? Maybe people feel GOW deserved higher then it go or could be a combination of both. Having played GOW I can't see how it's rated below TLOU so I personally think it deserves around 96.

That's an issue with every R* game.

As for TLOU, i think it has a better story and characters than GoW, but the latter is a better package when you take the gameplay and game mechanics into account

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That's an issue with every R* game.

As for TLOU, i think it has a better story and characters than GoW, but the latter is a better package when you take the gameplay and game mechanics into account
Better story? I disagree, TLOU leans heavily on just about every zombie apoc trope going, add to thsy the plot ripped straight from The Road and its pretty run of the mill. What it Does well is acting and voice work and character development.

GOW has a simple plot that unravels its scope massively whilst coming to terms with and dealing with the past mistakes of the franchise.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
As mentioned many times before...

Overloadr.com- God of War

http://overloadr.com.br/podcasts/2018/12/motherchip-especial-os-melhores-jogos-de-2018/

They were on the site at least in 2016 and 2017

I'm portuguese, also their language, therefore i understand what they say on their podcast.

And God of War won. You can trust me on this one.
I wouldn't make a false statement
God of War game of the year 2018 for Overload
Starts at 1:27:55
Top 10
10- Red Dead Redemption 2
9- Marvel's Spider-Man
8- Assassin's Creed Odyssey
7- Frostpunk
6- Dead Cells
5- Florence
4- Into the Breach
3- Return of the Obra Dinn
2- Celeste
1- God of War (at 2:04:30)

ravn0s

Oct 29, 2017
Ausgamers have started listing their top 10. They are announcing one game per day. The list so far is:

10. Forza Horizon 4
9. Ashen
8. Assassin's Creed Odyssey

May 5, 2018
God of War game of the year 2018 for Overload
Starts at 1:27:55
Top 10
10- Red Dead Redemption 2
9- Marvel's Spider-Man
8- Assassin's Creed Odyssey
7- Frostpunk
6- Dead Cells
5- Florence
4- Into the Breach
3- Return of the Obra Dinn
2- Celeste
1- God of War (at 2:04:30)
Ha. Indies were dominating that list until GOW took the top spot. The only other AAA's are at 10 to 8.