• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Can the Avengers win without Hawkeye?

• No.

Votes: 234 53.9%
  • No.

Votes: 200 46.1%

• Total voters

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Well thought out analysis. Thanks for sharing. I voted No.
Present evidence of your case.
What OP is saying is that Hawkeye should take a bow.

tenor.gif

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Hawkeye is The Best Avenger.
The strongest Avenger.

Ppl hate on Age of Ultron, but his line to Wanda trying to get her to come out and help:

The city is flying, we're fighting an army of robots and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense.

was hilarious.

Best Avenger.

Last edited:

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
I hope he points all this out on the Hawkeye show when he marches into Avengers Headquarters looking for a raise.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
But he always loses. He got defeated in seconds by Loki, he got wrecked by Natasha when he was under Loki's spell, he got wrecked in seconds by Quicksilver, he got wrecked in seconds by Vision, he missed against Tony and got captured, he lost to Natasha on Vormir. He's only effective against generic low-level fodder, has he won a single battle against a hero or villain throughout the whole MCU timeline? He sucks.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
But he always loses. He got defeated in seconds by Loki, he got wrecked by Natasha when he was under Loki's spell, he got wrecked in seconds by Quicksilver, he got wrecked in seconds by Vision, he missed against Tony and got captured, he lost to Natasha on Vormir. He's only effective against generic low-level fodder, has he won a single battle against a hero or villain throughout the whole MCU timeline? He sucks.

He got Scarlet Witch, nearly blew the Helicarrier out of the sky and blew up Loki's ride.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
When did he miss against Tony?

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
Bow and arrow is such a lame combo, if the dude were to use an AK47 then I would respect him much more. He should be the AK47-Eye!

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Can we talk about how whack it is that Cap put everything on the line for this fool only for him to receive a 70% nerf hammer from Winter Soldier? He 1v1s Black Panther for a hot second... Then when he's finally fully conscious he just reverts to using a gun in every action scene after getting straight clowned by Spider-Man? We put this guy in a Wakandan healing chamber for this? I liked the arc but there was little payoff in saving Bucky except for friendship and being one of the catalysts to splitting up the Avengers.

TBF, Spidey would clown pretty much all of them, except Hulk and Thor. There's no one who can take Spidey, strength wise. Only reason Cap was able to take him on was his Super Soldier Serum and combat experience. It's also implied, IMO, that neither Bucky, nor Sam, actually took him seriously until it was too late.

Escaflow

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone could have done what Hawkeye did , so it's nothing special really .

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TBF, Spidey would clown pretty much all of them, except Hulk and Thor. There's no one who can take Spidey, strength wise. Only reason Cap was able to take him on was his Super Soldier Serum and combat experience. It's also implied, IMO, that neither Bucky, nor Sam, actually took him seriously until it was too late.

Spidey is actually closer to the Hulk in strength than Steve. Remember in Infinity War when he straight up blocked Obisidian Maw's attack, then turns around to Iron Man and is all "what's up Mr. Stark?". Then, later in the movie, his kicks are clearly having an impact on Thanos not too far off from Hulk's own earlier in the movie.

Then in Endgame...

You actually see him web and then throw Obsidian Maw a fair distance to protect Stark.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Spidey is actually closer to the Hulk in strength than Steve. Remember in Infinity War when he straight up blocked Obisidian Maw's attack, then turns around to Iron Man and is all "what's up Mr. Stark?". Then, later in the movie, his kicks are clearly having an impact on Thanos not too far off from Hulk's own earlier in the movie.

Then in Endgame...

You actually see him web and then throw Obsidian Maw a fair distance to protect Stark.

Yeah, I know. He'd probably at least get a draw against the Hulk. He hurled around cars like it's nothing, too.

Deleted member 15227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Op, agree 100%.

He's also the most cost effective Avenger. His kill ratio and the amount of tonnage he has destroyed and saved thanks to his BS archery and CQC skills means he is easily a net profit for the team.

Further, unlike the other boofheads, he can achieve this with the minimum amount of collateral damage and he have to resort to that utterly stupid 'grab your head with my crotch so I can flip your ass' move that Natasha is so fond of.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Every wonder what Hawkeye's mutant power would be? Read Earth X

latest

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I know Hawkeye is getting a tv show but a John Wick-esque Ronin movie series that was R rated would have been absolutely awesome.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018

Then in Endgame...

Truth. Spidey is crazy strong.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago

After Far From Home, I don't think Cap would want any part of this Spider-Man.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
You forgot the part where he kept his wife's number in service. Her call confirmed that Hulk's snap brought everyone back.

Oct 25, 2017
If Hawkeye didn't exist, the action-moments across the Avengers movies would be written differently for them to be successful without him. Seems weird to talk about how essential the Hawkeye character is based on how the movie creators crafted the stories to make him essential.

The Avengers films are documentaries. The events were filmed in real time.