• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
I don't say that lightly either, I have just started playing the game today and I am currently inside the home of Miles and everything is just so dang detailed!

I find myself going into photo mode looking at everything, the eyeballs of the characters, the little notes on the walls, the way the apartment is laid out just feels so natural and realistic.

Everything about the game is top quality so far, I even just noticed that when Miles gets hugged when he answers the door the fingers that touch his jumper leave little trails in the fabric after they move.

I have never seen anything quite at this level of fidelity before, even as PC being my main platform I don't think anything comes close to this.

I love the fact that games like this are still being made for people like me who love single player experiences.

I just felt the need to share this and see if anyone else felt this way about the game?

OP
OP
Detail

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
I thought even the original on PS4 had a great level of detail

I haven't played the PS4 version but if it's anything like the PS5 version I believe you.

Even looking in the mirror at Miles reflection, his reflection is such high fidelity it's insane to me. You can see pores on his face and individual hairs in his eyebrows!

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
When it comes to details, no developer comes close to Rockstar and ND. RDR2 and TLOU2 are in many ways more technically impressive than most next gen games out there at the moment

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
I've finished Miles before i got a PS5 and even on a 7 year old machine it was REALLY impressive. Thr fact that it has RT on an open world game with running at 60 FPS is also helluva impressive on PS5

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
I haven't played the PS4 version but if it's anything like the PS5 version I believe you.

Even looking in the mirror at Miles reflection, his reflection is such high fidelity it's insane to me. You can see pores on his face and individual hairs in his eyebrows!

It is very impressive for a PS4 game, but yeah, I really want to play miles on PS5.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Is Miles Morales as good of an experience on PS4 as the original game was ? I'm curious to try it, and I'm not getting a PS5 anytime soon.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Dont forget the power of the SSD. lol

Seriously though the game is definitely a looker, loved the muscle definition update they did earlier in the year.

Mar 29, 2018
I don't say that lightly either, I have just started playing the game today and I am currently inside the home of Miles and everything is just so dang detailed!

I find myself going into photo mode looking at everything, the eyeballs of the characters, the little notes on the walls, the way the apartment is laid out just feels so natural and realistic.

Everything about the game is top quality so far, I even just noticed that when Miles gets hugged when he answers the door the fingers that touch his jumper leave little trails in the fabric after they move.

I have never seen anything quite at this level of fidelity before, even as PC being my main platform I don't think anything comes close to this.

I love the fact that games like this are still being made for people like me who love single player experiences.

I just felt the need to share this and see if anyone else felt this way about the game?
Fully agreed - the only games which trump it IMO are The Last of Us Part II (just absurd, absurd fidelity) and Red Dead Redemption 2 (also absurd fidelity and across an outrageously large scale). Did you play either of those yet OP?

OP
OP
Detail

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
I've finished Miles before i got a PS5 and even on a 7 year old machine it was REALLY impressive. Thr fact that it has RT on an open world game with running at 60 FPS is also helluva impressive on PS5

I am playing at 30fps because I was worried performance RT mode might take away some of the visual quality, is that the case? Or does it just drop the resolution slightly?

Mar 29, 2018

Seriously though the game is definitely a looker, loved the muscle definition update they did earlier in the year.

To be clear, you can do this on PS4 too. I believe the PS4 versions has some vents added to certain buildings which you have to crawl through to leave, but in the clip you posted I'm 99% certain on PS4 Pro I just zoomed straight out into the city, too.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I agree.

When he's in his home, I just take my time walking around.

The first walk thru the street with all the lights... That its at Christmas time makes it even more special.

And yes, it looks good on the PS4 but its even better on PS5.

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
That was my first Plat on my Launch PS5 I believe, gonna have to play it again for Christmas, maybe that could be a new tradition lmao

OP
OP
Detail

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Fully agreed - the only games which trump it IMO are The Last of Us Part II (just absurd, absurd fidelity) and Red Dead Redemption 2 (also absurd fidelity and across an outrageously large scale). Did you play either of those yet OP?

I have played RDR2 (which also blew my mind, again, incredible detail.) I haven't played TLOU2 yet, only played the first one.

Is TLOU2 worth playing?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
It's a stunning looking game for sure. Put my cross-gen fears to rest for God of War and Horizon: Forbidden West.

OP
OP
Detail

Detail

Dec 30, 2018

I noticed how the muscles move in the suit as well, that is such a subtle detail but man it looks so realistic.

All these subtle details that most people won't even see but they are the kind of thing I love about videogames.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
To be clear, you can do this on PS4 too. I believe the PS4 versions has some vents added to certain buildings which you have to crawl through to leave, but in the clip you posted I'm 99% certain on PS4 Pro I just zoomed straight out into the city, too.

I always found this to be a weird example since the additional geometry and NPCs/enemies that are loaded in isnt that much of a challenge. I think fasttravel / startup-load is the best example, SSD wise.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Yes like the original, it's a beautifully detailed game which clearly had significant budget thrown behind it. The quality of assets in the interior locations is crazy. Insomniac really excels at texture work on the suits and clothes too, the materials are pretty much flawless.

That's nothing to do with the SSD, it's identical on PS4.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Insomniac are a bunch of wizards. Dunno if you've played Ratchet yet but that game is also absolutely bonkers looking.

Goron3

Alt account
Banned
Nov 24, 2020
I have played RDR2 (which also blew my mind, again, incredible detail.) I haven't played TLOU2 yet, only played the first one.

Is TLOU2 worth playing?
It's considered one of the best games of all time for a reason. It's jaw dropping at times tbh.

I believe it also got a 60 FPS patch.

Mar 29, 2018

Is TLOU2 worth playing?
Yes. TLOU2 is one of the top experiences of the past decade, if not all time, and if you appreciate details like this, it'll blow your mind. The story can be a little divisive (to some), but the gameplay and simulation is a next-generation improvement over more experiences.

I always found this to be a weird example since the additional geometry and NPCs/enemies that are loaded in isnt that much of a challenge. I think fasttravel / startup-load is the best example, SSD wise.
Yup. The room isn't huge so the world outside must be primed already. Fully agreed on where SSD's real impressive improvements lie.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK

This footage is from the PS4. I was just having a laugh because last year like everyone else I too thought this was very impressive in the gameplay reveal pre-release.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
I've only played the OG Spiderman on my Pro. But even on the Pro, the game looked great. I need to check out Miles and remastered Spiderman on my PS5, they will probably be in the Black Friday sale, right?

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for a decent sale for the Ultimate Edition.Hopefully Black Friday will deliver

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017

Is TLOU2 worth playing?
It is more divisive than the first. I dropped it half way through but you should always give things a shot. I wasn't a fan at all, but you might be different.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The writing is also fantastic. Lots of heart in this game.

While I really liked the predecessor already, Miles Morales further improved basically everything.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Damn, tlou2 is gonna melt your shit if miles impressed you that much.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Is Miles Morales as good of an experience on PS4 as the original game was ? I'm curious to try it, and I'm not getting a PS5 anytime soon.
Better IMO because it doesn't drag out as long. If you can wait, I'd wait, though. 60 fps was too good to go back from, even though I have an LG C9 to take advantage of the Quality level stuff.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think I have about 5 games I want to play/finish before I go back to Miles (after Platinuming the remastered original as one of my first PS5 games), but I can't wait.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Now if only they'd kept the Chrysler Building.

Also, imagine how much fun a full scale Manhattan would be to swing around in, vs. the half scale one that's in the two Spider-Man games.

Protagonist

Sep 13, 2021
Yeah, Insomniac is a studio that's at the top of their game right now. The level of quality they deliver is mind-blowing. Only bad thing is the wait for their next games!

Aliand

Oct 28, 2017

Is TLOU2 worth playing?
I am playing TLOU2 at the moment on PS5 and it is technically amazing. Definitely worth it, especially since it's selling for not much these days.
Also one of the best experiences (maybe the best) of my life so far. Great story... But very dark...

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
Just look at the fingerprints on the headphones!

FDr8ldpXEAQaW0B

Source

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Fully agree. The characters models are really impressive. Haley Cooper is really, really great, with the scarves, hairs, clothes and backpack physically handle without any clipping.
When it comes to details, no developer comes close to Rockstar and ND. RDR2 and TLOU2 are in many ways more technically impressive than most next gen games out there at the moment
Well the house interior in UC4 is still the best things out there than nothing in part 2 surpassed. The house is fine too but the settings (not their fault) make it less impressive.
I agree appartement of Miles Morales really come close to that.

Also, why are you mixing attention to detail and "technically" impressive ?

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished the campaign. This game is incredible. 10/10. It's all the small details that make it great.

The story, the performances, the face modes-it's all top notch.

I know it came out last year but this is my game if the year since I just got my PS5.

Commodore64

Oct 25, 2017

Is TLOU2 worth playing?
The game has ray traced global illumination.....well not actually but there's a ton of moments where's there's things like color bouncing on lights that are similar to that effect exist but have been carefully and individually crafted to specific scenes. It's a game that's been polarizing because of some narrative choices but the craftsmanship is undeniably some of the best in the business.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
It really is! I played the Spiderman remaster and loved that and have only just got around to playing Miles and so far I think it's better in every department.

I have also heard this is a more focused shorter experience which is exactly what I want.

it isn't the better game but miles is still very good

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
The assets are super top quality , I spent ages staring at the buttons of a laundry machine . Funnily enough I was able to work out which Indian support studio had made them as the artist had left clues on them