• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Geobros

Dec 31, 2018
The Atelier Mysterious Trilogy Deluxe Pack will be making its way to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation4, and Steam on April 22nd.

Atelier Sophie DX will introduce a brand new episode and a costume! Stay tuned for more info.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One day I'll get into this franchise. One day. It always seemed like the sort of thing I'd like but it also always seemed so expensive. 🤔

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
I enjoyed these on psnow but my internet is not stable enough so never went very far in them. I'm looking forward to that.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Chuffed Western branches are not afraid to give more value to customers, similar to the Yakuza Collection (different pubs I know) these were standalone releases in Japan IIRC

Nov 18, 2020
Why does Gust hate Atelier Iris so much? Pretty much everything else has been ported to hell and back but they gloss over the Atelier Iris trilogy like it never existed.

Last edited:

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Chuffed Western branches are not afraid to give more value to customers, similar to the Yakuza Collection (different pubs I know) these were standalone releases in Japan IIRC
Pretty sure this will be released the same way as the other Deluxe packages, 40 bucks each or 90 for all. Also, the DX versions of this trilogy hasn't been released in Japan either yet afaik.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I've considered getting into this series too, but it's hard to keep up with all these releases and collections. I should do some research on which ones are available on Switch.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Are they all connected? Can you just start playing any of them or do you have to go in a certain order?
As a general rule, I recommend to start by the first of any trilogy. In this case, you should start with Sophie: it's an easy enough game and a good introduction to the series.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
man, that was really soon. i thought they'd wait a bit and make these for PS5 too seeing that the originals were already PS4 games.

with this one i'm not sure if i'll get it since i already have these and already beat all 3. maybe i'll dip later when they get a price drop to see the extra content.

(i still have my PS4 copy of Lydie & Suelle sealed since i got it for Switch originally and then got this one when it was like inder $20)

i do wonder if they'll have physical releases on the west or digital only like the previous 2 packs. if it's digital only, then i'll pass.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Excited for this.

I liked Firis
Loved loved loved Sophie
Really liked Lydia and Suelle

And new story content for Sophie?! Lol day 1!

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Honestly, I'm really curious about how they will handle Lydie & Suelle on Switch; the game was playable, but it was a bad port of the psvita/Ps4 version, the graphics really took a hit and it's a shame since they reached great results with both Lulua and Ryza. It would be cool if somehow they could make a graphical update for us Lydie buyers on Switch, but I hihgly doubt it. Also, Firis kinda struggled on ps4 too (Sophie ran at 60 fps, Firis at some unstable 30). It's cool tho that they can port Sophie and Firis on Switch, now the platform has all the most recent ones, and Firis is one of my favourite Atelier.

Oct 26, 2017
Long expected but Lydie DX was always the wild card as it'd be the one entry on all existing platforms. Most notably how they'd handle the Switch version of that as Lydie was their first in 2017 and is preeeetty rough. My hope is that they basically "redo" the port to match it much more closely with the PS4 version. Also Firis will be another intriguing one as that was the only other PS4-first entry then and most thought it'd be too big to port (it's open world IIRC). So Firis DX on Switch will be a nice look at how Lydie would look as if it were ported today maybe. Dunno. :P

Also... PLEASE dub Lydie this time. It's the one and only one of the 9 games in the three trilogies to be sub-only. They gotta spend some money to rehire the cast where possible and finish what they started

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
If I wanted to get into the series, on Switch, I should start with the Arland trilogy? That is, Rorona?

Oct 26, 2017
Also Ar Tonelico Qoga is the only PS3 game by Gust not remastered yet, isn't it?

Edit: Nope, Nights of Azure is also missing. Also Blue Reflection if we're including PS4 and Vita games not on Switch yet, right?

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Wait there was a Sophie dx?
Firis felt like a nothing game, lydie and suelle was alright, but Sophie was awesome!

Any idea whats in that chapter?

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I loved Sophie to death, loved Firis, and I've yet to finish Lydie and Suelle (I stopped, dunno wasn't clicking with me like the other two.)

I'll give this a miss.

Wait there was a Sophie dx?
Firis felt like a nothing game, lydie and suelle was alright, but Sophie was awesome!

Any idea whats in that chapter?

Sophie DX is new.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
Honestly, I'm really curious about how they will handle Lydie & Suelle on Switch; the game was playable, but it was a bad port of the psvita/Ps4 version, the graphics really took a hit and it's a shame since they reached great results with both Lulua and Ryza. It would be cool if somehow they could make a graphical update for us Lydie buyers on Switch, but I hihgly doubt it. Also, Firis kinda struggled on ps4 too (Sophie ran at 60 fps, Firis at some unstable 30). It's cool tho that they can port Sophie and Firis on Switch, now the platform has all the most recent ones, and Firis is one of my favourite Atelier.

worth noting that Sophie was a PS3 game originally (they just didn't localize that version). it's why it runs so smooth on PS4 already.
if the other 2 get improvements i'd consider the collection but it's hard to imagine they'll bother improving the graphics since the base console is the same (all previous trilogies were on weaker hardware). if they add speed up to all 3 games, that'd be another gamechanger.

Oct 26, 2017
NA tweet:

And I just realized; if Sophie's getting a new episode, won't they have to dub it? I hope they won't just be cheap and do the worst case and remove the dub. :/

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
At least after these they've sorta run out of PS3-era games to remaster and might delve into some of their back catalogue for remasters. Mana Khemia when?

(I know this is probably just wishful thinking and they'll probably do Nights of Azure next and then start re-re-remastering Atelier Arland for PS5/XBX/NS2).

flohen95

Nov 4, 2017
NA tweet:

And I just realized; if Sophie's getting a new episode, won't they have to dub it? I hope they won't just be cheap and do the worst case and remove the dub. :/

I can definitely see them removing the dub since Lydie and Suelle doesn't have one in the first place. If we're lucky, they're just going to leave the new content unvoiced, I'd be extremely surprised if we ever see any new dubbed Atelier content from KT.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
While the sales have ticked up again, they've used being dub-less to reduce the gap between JP and rest of the world releases, so iunno what they do going forward.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
i always say this and then like i check back and it has 5+ new entries
Basically yeah. I remember when Rorona made a bit of a splash back on the PS3 and thinking I'd eventually get it. Fast forward and there's literally been 11 games since then lmao. Not like they're short games either. Given price and release frequency, it's kinda hard to get into the series tbh.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Really hope this gets a physical release. Would prefer not having to import it, but I'll do it again if I must. The last Atelier collection physical release was pretty dope. Everything on one cart with multiple languages. Even if it was "Asia" only.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I've considered getting into this series too, but it's hard to keep up with all these releases and collections. I should do some research on which ones are available on Switch.

With this pack, all of the PS3 and up Atelier games will be on switch. IMO, if you're curious about jumping in. I would go with Ryza next time it's on sale. That'll tell you if youd like the rest of the series.

They're similar to persona where they're self contained for the most part. So you don't need to play the whole series to know what's going on.

I think Ryza to Ryza 2 is probably the only one recently where you probably want to play the one prior lol.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
NA tweet:

considering that Ryza 1 has a bunch of unvoiced stuff in even japanese, i wouldn't be surprised if they just leave that new segment unvoiced and just add grunts at the start of each line.

The FuzzPig

Oct 31, 2017
Figures.
The mysterious series was the only English atelier games I had yet to play. I was hoping for switch ports of sophie and firis, but gave up a few months ago and played them both on the vita.
So of course they announce this 2 or 3 weeks after I complete firis.
Oh well, we'll see if they report lydie and suelle, since it seems from comments here that the original port was rough, though I did play firis on the vita which was really rough, so I doubt it would be worse than that.
Currently playing ryza 2 at the moment, which will leave lydie and suelle as the only one left to play.
Also echoing some other posters in the hope they turn to there ps2 ones next, as Iris 2 was the game that got me into the series.

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
Hmmm wait i got these 3 already physical on ps4 ages ago.... would i need to purchase this just to get this new episode content?