• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I am playing this one for sure. I like the general aesthetic of course, but what I have seen about physics in particular, got me hyped.

Sylvestre

Banned
Mar 20, 2020
im super curious about the depth of the RPG elements in this....
is this a "real" RPG, or a twin stick shooter with soft RPG element ?

also, any word about the lenght ?

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Thus releases the first game that makes me mad that I don't currently have a dedicated GPU. Shit I'd been looking forward to this game for a long while.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
That seems surprising early for a preload. It's not out for over two weeks isn't it? Still good for people who ant take advantage of it. Rather looking forward to this game. Me and a mate and lined up to give the campaign coop a go when it releases.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
Already downloaded it on my Series S. Death's Door and The Ascent are the games I'm hyped the most to play in the next weeks to come.

im super curious about the depth of the RPG elements in this....
is this a "real" RPG, or a twin stick shooter with soft RPG element ?

also, any word about the lenght ?

It seems to be more of a twin stick shooter with soft RPG elements.

I found this interview here that states that it should last around 15h to 20h.

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
I shall be all over this like a hot rash via xcloud. On commence!

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Already downloaded it on my Series S. Death's Door and The Ascent are the games I'm hyped the most to play in the next weeks to come.

It seems to be more of a twin stick shooter with soft RPG elements.

I found this interview here that states that it should last around 15h to 20h.
That's pretty decent, i wonder how is the level of replayability in terms of customizations and areas to explore.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Excellent download size. Has me wondering what other games weren't doing, though. Thumps up to the team.
A 2080 can comfortably run it at atleast 1440p, those specs need updating / developer :)
All the best for the launch. I can't wait to give it a try. đź‘Ť

Last edited:
OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
What are the performance profiles for Series X?
4k/60

I know that you've already confirmed 4K and 60 frames per second on Xbox Series X. However, how are you optimizing The Ascent for the Xbox One and Xbox Series S? Can you share the target resolution, frame rate, and settings for these versions?

Tor:
We are trying to cater to each platform as best as we can, in regard to tweaking settings for maximising the visual fidelity. The different platforms have different strengths, and we try to adjust as much as we can to get the most out of them, but all versions look and feel similar and scale quite well. Resolutions and settings are in flux as we are optimising and tweaking, so not final yet, but we are targeting 60 fps at 1440p for the Xbox Series S, 4K at 30fps for Xbox One X, and 900p for the Xbox One.

Sha_96

Jan 22, 2019
I'm really looking forward to this, wondering how my ancient RX480 is going to play with it.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Somehow missed out about this. I'm a single player person. Is it that type of game or is it more like a co-op game that you "guess" could be played single player?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
No GMG keys yet, but I imagine they hit once Steam preload goes up.

That's pretty decent, i wonder how is the level of replayability in terms of customizations and areas to explore.

15 to 20 hours is really good from game priced aggressively, imo. With that length they could have easily put full 60 / 70 price tag on this.

Snefer

Creative Director at Neon Giant
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
is 1440p for Series S still a thing. In the interview it said "aiming' curious if it has hit that?
Game probably uses dynamic resulotion also right?

We are using several methods of dynamic resolution and reconstruction on all platforms/SKUs except PC, trying to maximize resolution. 900p on XB1, 4K on XB1X, 1440p on series S and 4K on Series X.

I'm really looking forward to this, wondering how my ancient RX480 is going to play with it.
Have not tried on a 480 myself, but a GTX660 can run it, if you turn stuff down, that is :)

Somehow missed out about this. I'm a single player person. Is it that type of game or is it more like a co-op game that you "guess" could be played single player?
It's absolutely built with SP in mind!

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
We are using several methods of dynamic resolution and reconstruction on all platforms/SKUs except PC, trying to maximize resolution. 900p on XB1, 4K on XB1X, 1440p on series S and 4K on Series X.

Have not tried on a 480 myself, but a GTX660 can run it, if you turn stuff down, that is :)

Thanks for the answer! Looks like I have a good game to play between my Flight Simulator sessions!

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
A 2080 can comfortably run it at atleast 1440p, those specs need updating / developer :)

Thanks for chiming in, I think a lot of us here can't wait to finally play the game. It looks awesome, and gorgeous.

But yeah, the spec sheet is all over the place. Min spec lists a GTX 660 2GB (less powerful than an Xbox One) as min spec for Nvidia, but an RX 570 for AMD (about as powerful as a PS4 Pro), and even incorrectly lists the 570 at 8GB (it's a 4GB card). Also, listing an RTX 2080 beside an RX 6800 XT for Reccomended spec, a card that's probably 80% more powerful and also has double the memory probably doesn't make a lot of sense.

Something like this would probably make more sense:

Min Spec (720p 60fps - Low Settings):
GTX 660 2GB or RX 460 2GB

Rec Spec (1080p 60fps - Med Settings):
GTX 970 4GB or RX 570 4GB

High Spec (1440p 60fps - High Settings):
RTX 2080 8GB or RX 6700 XT 8GB

Ultra Spec (4K 60fps - Ultra Settings):
RTX 3080 10GB or RX 6800 XT 16GB

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Game has a global release btw. So no earlier playing through new zealand.
You check here the time on the right when it releases for you

Buy The Ascent | Xbox

The Ascent is a solo and co-op Action-shooter RPG set in a cyberpunk world. The mega corporation that owns you and everyone, The Ascent Group, has just collapsed. Can you survive without it?

Sha_96

Jan 22, 2019

Thanks for the answer! Hope you guys have a successful launch :D

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
I'm definitely down for this game. Can't decide whether to play it on PC or Series S though, I prefer Diablo style games on keyboard but twin stick shooters on controller.

Do we know if the devs recommend playing with either kb+m or controller? Unless its best played on keyboard I'll probably go with the console version.