• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Eslr6wFXABA9n97

I can. not. wait. for this game. Due out this year!

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Looks incredible, I've not played one of these (isometric shooter) for ages, can't wait.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
This one really spoke to me at that showcase event last year. The Ascent and The Gunk are my most anticipated on Xbox this year!

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Look up the game Ruiner, this game looks similar to that one. As far as I know, there is no loot system.

There is a loot system.

Shoot and Loot
Consider enemies' height and weaknesses into account when fighting, making the most out of every opportunity. Take down even the worst opponents to find the rarest loot.

Customization and Augmentations
Modify your body with cyberware and gear up with weapons and equipment that suit your playstyle. Take a slick and precise approach or arm yourself to the teeth and go full chrome.

www.xbox.com

The Ascent: Available with Xbox Game Pass

Play The Ascent with Game Pass. A solo and co-op action-shooter RPG.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
It almost gives me Loaded vibes, if only the enemies exploded and smeared backwards onto the ground.

Speaking of guys smeared on the ground, anyone else bummed that guts and bodies seem to vanish moments after they're killed? It's like the shooter equivalent of skid marks in a racing game; they should stay for the duration of the level. "Tell your friends what you saw."

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
This is one of the games I'll play first when I end up buying a series X. It has that Housemarque Alienation influence all over it and Alienation was one of my favorite games last gen

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
It almost gives me Loaded vibes, if only the enemies exploded and smeared backwards onto the ground.

Speaking of guys smeared on the ground, anyone else bummed that guts and bodies seem to vanish moments after they're killed? It's like the shooter equivalent of skid marks in a racing game; they should stay for the duration of the level. "Tell your friends what you saw."
Loaded... there's a game I remember fondly from PS1 days. I recall painting the (white) walls of the hospital red from all the blood.

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
From the first moment I saw this game, I've been 100% in. No idea if it will play like Loaded, but if it does...WHOO!

resultant

Banned
Nov 3, 2020
Parts Unknown
Looks like someone building a PC with a 3090 in the top right lmao.

Jokes aside its way too hard to judge a game's visual capabilities based a single shot so I'm not going to hold my breath.

OP
OP
digitalrelic

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like someone building a PC with a 3090 in the top right lmao.

Jokes aside its way too hard to judge a game's visual capabilities based a single shot so I'm not going to hold my breath.
"The Ascent posted a new screenshot and it looks incredible"

That's fair, but I'm going off the OP where they based their assertion on the screenshot. I wouldn't be willing to do that, I've been burned before.
You could've scrolled down to the 4th post in this thread to see more.

resultant

Banned
Nov 3, 2020
Parts Unknown
You could've scrolled down to the 4th post in this thread to see more.
Right, but...That's not what you said in the OP/thread title????? lol

You can take a screenshot from any game with a mediocre/big budget from the last couple of years and say the game by extension looks incredible. I was just saying that I wouldn't make that type of claim based off a screenshot which is literally the title of this thread. No hate homie I was just sharing how I felt about the screenshot.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
☝️😑

Looks great, this also coming to PC gamepass or just console?

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
The gameplay looked rough back when it was shown at IGN first.

Hope they had enough time to polish it, looks very fun

Cali32

Oct 11, 2020
What can I say, the little bits they're showing look impressive. Is this coming in early access to PC soon?