• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Looks like you were right. For some reason it wasn't registering when I saved my graphics settings. Apparently it was running with all the RT options ON and DLSS was off. Made a world of a difference switching ray tracing stuff off.
lol that was a long shot but glad it worked out for you. Are you still experiencing stutters as you move along the map and during explosions?

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Playing on GamePass with the patch on PC, seems like it's working great. No more stutters during explosions, and only a little hitching for the first few minutes of play likely from caching or whatever, not at all disruptive. I'm on a 3700X / RTX 2080 normie / 32 GB RAM / SSD rig.

Continuing to be extremely impressed by the presentation of the game and how great it feels to play. Truly amazing work for such a small team! The density of the world is unbelievable.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this kind of game is a bit more enjoyable to play on PC. Using a KBM vs twin sticks gives me a lot more precision and makes encounters more survivable on the Medium difficulty.

Afro

Oct 25, 2017
Coming along with DLSS as soon as that patch goes live!

Stuttering SHOULD be fixed in DX12 with RTX off, and be much better with RTX on, but still happening to some extent.
Yeah, the stutter is almost completely gone when I use DX12 and ray tracing off. I still got some micro stutters which feels like asset loading stutter.

I ended up turning up aim assist and things have gotten a little easier. playing on normal with elite

Same. Even with aim assist on high, aiming still takes skill with joysticks.

jonamok

Oct 28, 2017
Parked this on Game Pass PC until it's properly fixed. Bit of a shame how this version has been released in this state, and barely improved since.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I've been playing this game on Game Pass PC, probably put in at least 15 hours or so. I had a level 17 character and my game crashed earlier today when I was playing. When I went back, both characters I had created are gone. Is there a way to force it to look for cloud saves? Surely it does cloud saves since it's a Play Anywhere title. I'm a bit annoyed right now.

Yibby

Nov 10, 2017
I've been playing this game on Game Pass PC, probably put in at least 15 hours or so. I had a level 17 character and my game crashed earlier today when I was playing. When I went back, both characters I had created are gone. Is there a way to force it to look for cloud saves? Surely it does cloud saves since it's a Play Anywhere title. I'm a bit annoyed right now.
If you have Gamepass Ultimate you can play the game on Xcloud in your browser. It loads the savegame from the cloud then.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This game is sooo buggy..

I'm level 17 but after the latest patch the game thinks I'm on what appears to the be the very first quest in the entire game. Arcology Blues. Quest log empty apart from that one, but it doesn't engage when selected. Can't accept any other quests. Can't use fast travel.

What the fuck...?

Xbox version.

I guess that's it? 😒

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
If you have Gamepass Ultimate you can play the game on Xcloud in your browser. It loads the savegame from the cloud then.
Damn, only Game Pass PC here. Well damn, I'll revisit again one day as I really like this game but I've got a bunch of other things I want to play at the moment. I'll revisit after I build my new PC so I can take advantage of ray tracing and DLSS.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
This game is sooo buggy..

I'm level 17 but after the latest patch the game thinks I'm on what appears to the be the very first quest in the entire game. Arcology Blues. Quest log empty apart from that one, but it doesn't engage when selected. Can't accept any other quests. Can't use fast travel.

What the fuck...?

Xbox version.

I guess that's it? 😒
Yep I've had this issue since day 1 on Xbox while playing co op. If I try and host, no quests. If my buddy hosts, all quests show up. Super annoying.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like this kind of game is a bit more enjoyable to play on PC. Using a KBM vs twin sticks gives me a lot more precision and makes encounters more survivable on the Medium difficulty.

100%. It's painfully obvious that the menus were built for a monitor you sit close to, not a giant TV you set some distance away from. Was kind of a revelation to notice how much easier the entire UI was to navigate on PC.

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Enjoying it on pc so far, but it's full of bugs. Doors locked after beating first boss, had to reload. Simple bugs like talking to an npcs in the city, but the camera wouldn't stop panning until it goes through ceiling and I can't see anything.

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any idea why it's unplayable for me on PC? I'm running a 6600k and a 1080 at 1440p, and the game's frame rate is in the single digits. I'm talking like, move the mouse, and the cursor moves 2 seconds later bad. It's the GamePass version, fwiw.

Snefer

Creative Director at Neon Giant
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Anyone have any idea why it's unplayable for me on PC? I'm running a 6600k and a 1080 at 1440p, and the game's frame rate is in the single digits. I'm talking like, move the mouse, and the cursor moves 2 seconds later bad. It's the GamePass version, fwiw.
Switch to DX12, and turn off raytracing. Gamepass can only run in DX12 and raytracing is on by default (we will fix that) and since 1080 can theoretically run with raytracing, it does.

Feb 19, 2018
Game was great, but damn was the final boss fight bad. Like seriously, it felt like something out of the prototype proof of concept stage of the game. Unfinished and way below the quality of the rest of the game.

Seriously, why have an Eldritch space monstrosity pop out of a portal and be the 'big bad' for the final confrontation, tentacles and all, when it has zero involvement in the actual fight, which just consists of gunning down hordes of trash mobs and pressing buttons (and why are there even Ferals there, fighting alongside Ascenders O_o?)?

Even if similar in throwing a "'Best Of' regular foes" at you, the final boss fight in Ruiner was so, so much better in execution and gameplay.

Last edited:

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
Difficulty settings doesn't change anything in the game?
why playing solo on EASY is still so hard?
game has ridiculous difficulty spikes.
some bosses or end of missions are to hard. It gets extremely boring having to replay same thing a thousand times.
Almost giving up At the moment.
Another frustrating game without any particular reason just like Returnal.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I think I may have over leveled myself. I'm at 16 right now and just completed the 4th main mission. I do some side quests, but also any area that had NPCs at a far higher level then me... I had to go see. Most of my gear is at level 6 or 7 now thanks to it with the explosion rifle being the weapon of choice. I dig all games that let me break them early on.

Its scratching that twin stick itch nicely, though I wish online was better integrated into the game.

Yibby

Nov 10, 2017
some bosses or end of missions are to hard. It gets extremely boring having to replay same thing a thousand times.
It depends on what weapons and augmentations you have, but yes some bosses are really difficult. I think that only the first and last boss are difficult.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember to change up your armor, weapons, and augments.

I got Lock On Fire pretty early in the game and have been surprised how useful it continues to be, esp with the high capacity weapons.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
It´s not a easy game, especially if you are playing solo. At some point you can buy a Rejuv Field as an tactical, which helped me a lot.

There are first aid stations which you can hack with Y on gamepad or C on keyboard.

Try to switch up your weapons, energy is good against robots, ballistic against normal people.

There is a augmentation called Life Transfer which saved my life a lot of times. Otherwise the robots you can spawn are acting as a nice distraction for the enemies.

Try to crouch in cover and shoot over the cover if possible.

Last edited:

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, check weapon/gear vendors frequently, especially after completing every other story mission or so. Their stock gets updated as you level up.

EduBRK

Oct 30, 2017
Brazil
Sooo... are the stutters on gamepass version fixed?

Dropped the game since stuttering are the bane of me, but it looks fun. Will definetly comeback when the issue is cleared.

Operations

Oct 29, 2017
Finally installed the patch for the PC Gamepass version. The first time I launched the game presented some annoying stutters (all settings maxed out, 4k, DLSS equality). Relaunched it and so far performance has been pretty good! I'm happy.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Sooo... are the stutters on gamepass version fixed?

Dropped the game since stuttering are the bane of me, but it looks fun. Will definetly comeback when the issue is cleared.

mileage may vary I guess. Stutter has never been bad for me, but it's non-existant now. First time I turned ray tracing on it stuttered for around 30 seconds while caching but was then smooth, without ray tracing it has been smooth.

Bitterman

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
People weren't kidding about the difficult spikes. Something really off here, even dropping to easy didn't seem to make much of a difference to the two bosses that suffer from it in 4th and 5th chapter. Made it after some tries though.

Honestly, now that the novelty of the amazing visuals and setting has worn off, I am getting quite bored with the game. Lackluster writing and mission design, dull characters, lots of mumbo-jumbo about the world which I am beginning to skip now. Dunno If I'll make it to the end.

Does it get better ? Or I am in for more of the same.

jamsy

Oct 27, 2017
lol that was a long shot but glad it worked out for you. Are you still experiencing stutters as you move along the map and during explosions?
Nothing too bad. I've only played co-op online so any hiccups may be connection-related. Also ran into a bizarre bug where I got stuck and then the game turned first person all of a sudden.

BTW how do we find the next story mission? My friend and I ran around the entire map and couldn't find a green diamond symbol anywhere. We're basically stuck doing a bunch of side quests but as far as I can tell, I can't even use the metro because it unlocks during some story mission...

Vandal Deca

Oct 21, 2018
I'm finally all the way at the endgame and whew, the difficulty spike is real. I'm playing solo and had to drop to Easy mode for the first time to get through the wall of guys five levels above me. Saw the level gap and decided to bail and do some grinding first, but was locked into the final area so I guess I'm in it for better or worse.

Got very close to the end, but spent about 15 minutes being overwhelmed before giving up for the night. I'll go back and get it done, though. Didn't come all this way for nothing.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
Guys what's this final mission??

playing solo this mission feels extremely boring and bad designed.
WTF!!!
thousands of enemies, you can't do anything…

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
People weren't kidding about the difficult spikes. Something really off here, even dropping to easy didn't seem to make much of a difference to the two bosses that suffer from it in 4th and 5th chapter. Made it after some tries though.

Honestly, now that the novelty of the amazing visuals and setting has worn off, I am getting quite bored with the game. Lackluster writing and mission design, dull characters, lots of mumbo-jumbo about the world which I am beginning to skip now. Dunno If I'll make it to the end.

Does it get better ? Or I am in for more of the same.
Unfortunately it seems that all the inspiring things were made on the visuals aspects of the game that are truly fantastic.

But the balance, overall gameplay, writing and mission design really really lacks…
but honestly, I would really didn't care for the problems if at least the balance was done right and the game was a little better balanced for people playing solo.
The world is so beautiful that all the other lackluster parts could be easily forgiven for me if there wasn't this really bad difficulty spikes in the game.

Damn, if I put the game on easy, at least the game should be easy to play.
And I don't even consider me a bad player overall.
But this is just totally unbalanced and honestly, make things really really boring.

I am in what I believe is the final mission but man, what a complete mess it is, at least playing solo And I am playin on easy and am at level 27 and recommended level for the mission is 25.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately it seems that all the inspiring things were made on the visuals aspects of the game that are truly fantastic.

But the balance, overall gameplay, writing and mission design really really lacks…
but honestly, I would really didn't care for the problems if at least the balance was done right and the game was a little better balanced for people playing solo.
The world is so beautiful that all the other lackluster parts could be easily forgiven for me if there wasn't this really bad difficulty spikes in the game.

Damn, if I put the game on easy, at least the game should be easy to play.
And I don't even consider me a bad player overall.
But this is just totally unbalanced and honestly, make things really really boring.

I am in what I believe is the final mission but man, what a complete mess it is, at least playing solo And I am playin on easy and am at level 27 and recommended level for the mission is 25.

It's all about your loadout and positioning for that level, I really didn't have that hard of a time finishing it solo - maybe 4-5 tries, before I could figure out the best loadout for the mission, finished it the first try after swapping my goto pistol for a way underleveled Overwhelmer fwiw.

I had a much harder time with that Spider boss.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
It's all about your loadout and positioning for that level, I really didn't have that hard of a time finishing it solo - maybe 4-5 tries, before I could figure out the best loadout for the mission, finished it the first try after swapping my goto pistol for a way underleveled Overwhelmer fwiw.

I had a much harder time with that Spider boss.
Hahah!!
i suffered with that spider to…

but finished the game.
yes, loadout is important.
in the finalists I used that mech and the ability to reload him quicker to use another time.

the game is good overall.
Still think it has some really unbalanced difficulty spikes that can really hurt the experience but it's a good game, specially considering the amount of developers that made the game.

JT60564

Oct 19, 2020
Lmao I tried it on PC Gamepass and my PC almost died. Luckily I found the solution: switch to DX12 and turn off Ray Tracing. Very odd bug!

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017

Looks like they did not fix the Comprehensive achievement as it's not mentioned in the patch notes.

Last edited:

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
This game is an odd one. I beat a thing, cutscene, credits. I thought I might have been halfway through the game! What the heck!!

Edit: Didn't mean to send yet.
II just had so many side missions left that were well above my level that I thought I'd be playing and leveling up for 2-5 more hours easily.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Does that include bugged ending achievements where you crash during the credits and then the save game is already past the last boss but the game thinks you're not done yet (limbo) except the last quest is actually complete so it's impossible to actually finish the story?

This goddamn buggy ass game. It has a good core but fucks sake it's incredibly broken.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Does that include bugged ending achievements where you crash during the credits and then the save game is already past the last boss but the game thinks you're not done yet (limbo) except the last quest is actually complete so it's impossible to actually finish the story?

This goddamn buggy ass game. It has a good core but fucks sake it's incredibly broken.

Damn didn't know that could happen in the last part, i would be pretty pissed.

Last edited:

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Damn didn't know that could happen in the last part, i would be pretty pissed.
Happened last night to me. In a way it's the absolute perfect way to cap off the broken shit show this game was for me.

Fun game but at the same time equally frustrating, riddled with game breaking bugs, insane difficulty spikes out of nowhere that goes away when reloading / dying, and some strange UX decisions that seem like they would have been caught instantly during play testing (menu navigation in general and the map…).

Neon Giant, I like what you attempted here but man you sure didn't make it easy to like it. Onwards to next time. 🙂

SpoonSpatula

Oct 27, 2017
Any update on when Patch 2 will be released for the Gamepass/MS Store (PC) version? Really hope we're not looking at a similar 2-week gap between the Steam/Xbox patch again.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Any update on when Patch 2 will be released for the Gamepass/MS Store (PC) version? Really hope we're not looking at a similar 2-week gap between the Steam/Xbox patch again.

It's still in Microsoft certification apparently.

Pretty sure it's going to be another two weeks seeing how long it took last time

jamsy

Oct 27, 2017
Hey folks, wondering if anyone had a similar experience or if someone can advise on the below situation.

Like a week ago, my buddy and I started a game in co-op and played for a couple hours. Before finishing the second story mission, my friend dropped off, which ended the co-op session. I proceeded to load the game in single player to continue where we left off and finished off that main mission (the one where you have to kill those 4 guys with a grenade launcher, and then you enter some area and there's a boss fight with those 2 big guys).

The next time my friend tried to continue the game, there was no green diamond marker showing the main quest. In essence, it appears the quest is bugged for him and he can't progress. So far he's spent like a dozen hours running around everywhere and shooting everyone and leveled up a lot, but he can't progress the main quest (and thus, can't go to some of the other areas). I've also spent a couple hours playing solo and I am able to proceed in the story with no problems. We tried co-op again and that doesn't seem to fix anything - if I am hosting, he can go with me on my story missions, but when he is hosting, we can't progress in the campaign at all.

So is there anything we can do here? He's tried a bunch of "tricks" like rebooting and entering areas from other places but so far nothing has worked. It would suck if he's in a game breaking situation here..

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So is there anything we can do here? He's tried a bunch of "tricks" like rebooting and entering areas from other places but so far nothing has worked. It would suck if he's in a game breaking situation here..
Think he's out of luck. Same thing happened to me and a few others in the thread. If playing Solo the game thinks my character is at the very start of the game, before you even learn how to duck. Except character is level 29 and in the main city. No missions, no nothing.

Can't play my character without my friend being the host, e.g. my character "locked in" to his save progression in a fucked way (nor can I actually finish the game anymore -- see a few posts up..). My friend never played solo without me though so we never got desynced like your situation during the actual campaign, that's even more screwed up.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Was able to put a few hours into the game (PC Game Pass) over the weekend and performance definitely improved quite a bit for me compared to pre-patch. Still get a bit of stutter (almost like an 'in-game loading stutter' if that makes sense) but whereas that was happening constantly before, now it's fairly seldom. If the next patch gets rid of that completely then that would be great.