• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I finished up the main story line a couple a days past (still have to complete a few of the side missions) and really enjoyed my time with this game. I seldom (almost never) sit through game credits but i read through the twelve names listed. Impressive. Well done Neon Giant!

This game looked absolutely amazing with my XSX on a LG OLED, and the sound was terrific on my headphones. This is a seriously fun game. I don't know if any future DLC is planned but I would definitely buy it.

Oct 30, 2017
Do we know the sing or artist of the reggae song in "Noghegg" hideout?? It's so chill but really hype at the same time. I blast this super loud on my headphones. Very nice choice by the devs.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can anyone assist me with what I assume is a bug?

"I am sent to Onyx Void to learn..." but there is no objective marker. I have no idea where to go??

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Liking the game a lot but all those bugged quests and glitches are starting to get on my nerves...I found Raphael's bag and I have to bring it to Takaoe or something but the quest stopped tracking,the big green Mech guy did not load in 2 times in a row after the cutscene,I walked for 15 minutes with no ennemies anywhere,The Morgue quest was weird and there is another sidequest that leads me to a dead end with nothing happening,etc etc...

This is on Series X and I think a patch is coming soon,guess I will wait it out...it sucks because the game is addicting and its what I want to play...oh well,will finish of Greedfall in the meantime ;)

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Lol I had a quest that I checked in the journal and where the objective is usually located it said something like "text goes here" haha.

I may hold off playing til the next patch.

All we need are fixes to all the crazy and obvious glitches like quests not working, quest market with no npc, duped bosses, quests leading you to areas you can't access etc.

i am loving this overall though and that's high praise considering all the crazy glitches lol

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone assist me with what I assume is a bug?

"I am sent to Onyx Void to learn..." but there is no objective marker. I have no idea where to go??

This same thing happened to me, but it's fixable.

Head to the subway station next to the Onyx Void headquarters and the mission objective will update.

I had this same thing happen to me. I think the game expected you to go into the zone via the subway for that quest.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Saw a bunch of updates and hoped, but nope. Maybe backed up over there.

E7Yr3UH.jpg

Operations

Oct 29, 2017
I'm growing impatient. No firm date for the Gamepass PC version update and the patch it seems won't even add DLSS support. Might end up buying the Steam version.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This same thing happened to me, but it's fixable.

Head to the subway station next to the Onyx Void headquarters and the mission objective will update.

I had this same thing happen to me. I think the game expected you to go into the zone via the subway for that quest.

Awesome, thanks so much.

No hdr is any version of the game as far as I know.

Fair enough. I find that quite surprising.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Played for a bit on PC Game Pass and got a pretty consistent stutter unfortunately. I'm on a GTX 1070 playing at 1080p. Tried turning down all the settings to low but didn't seem to have much effect on the stutter. I thought it maybe was a bit better on DX12 compared to DX11 but still remained a significant issue.

Hopefully something that can be fixed in a patch, as it does take away from my enjoyment of the game.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
I had a lot of trouble with spider until I used the Bitsplitter shotgun which you get from preorder or early adopting on steam. I'd barely used it til that point as it seemed crap. Holy moly I killed the spider in about 10 seconds. Popped my clone aug to distract it, ran in to almost point blank. Unloaded all 4 shots in the clip and it went down to about 40% HP. Reloaded and killed it.
The game is MASSIVELY based on damage types. Way more than it tells you!

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
I'm growing impatient. No firm date for the Gamepass PC version update and the patch it seems won't even add DLSS support. Might end up buying the Steam version.

This is UE4, it shouldn't be that hard to add DLSS, especially given that they've already done it for the version on Steam.

It's really hard to understand why it wasn't there in the first place. It's like they thought Game Pass meant they were making a version more aligned with that on Xbox or something

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
Finished last night! Was fun, gameplay was simple but engaging and the augments were cool. The style was just so fantastic too all the way through, plenty of times I just hung around some of the vistas for a bit taking in the view. I ended up sticking with the burst weapons by the end of the game, best mix of firepower and mobility. With maxed out weapon handling the reload was basically non existent.

I think some of the achievements may be bugged on the PC Gamepass version, looks like I have all the codex entries but no achievements for those.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What are the best weapons/defense against the arachnid bot boss in the power station? Defense against flames seems obvious but I still have trouble telling which weapon to use unless it's obvious, like a human or a robot.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
What are the best weapons/defense against the arachnid bot boss in the power station? Defense against flames seems obvious but I still have trouble telling which weapon to use unless it's obvious, like a human or a robot.

The augmentations that summon little buddy robots keep him away from you for a long time. One or two of those (the ranged and the melee) and an energy weapon were sufficient for me.

Cyborg009

Oct 28, 2017
The only time I did was because the game hadn't updated and I wasn't on the current version until I manually prompted the patch through the microsoft store.
My games are on auto updates so i definitely got the latest. My friend told me to uninstall the game then try again but I'm not sure if I care that much to go through all that.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
My games are on auto updates so i definitely got the latest. My friend told me to uninstall the game then try again but I'm not sure if I care that much to go through all that.

autoupdate doesn't work, check the microsoft store. Try to launch the game through that store page

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Woo, latest Game Pass patch (8/14 for me) fixed cross save/progression from Xbox to PC!

The augmentations that summon little buddy robots keep him away from you for a long time. One or two of those (the ranged and the melee) and an energy weapon were sufficient for me.
Thank you! I forgot to equip the other robot augment.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I'm entirely confused again.

What is this patch people are talking about ? Is the Gamepass patch that enables ray tracing out now ?

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I played through over half the game at least and decided to stop and wait for the patch to fix all the bugs and add DLSS/RTX to the Gamepass version but at this point, I think I won't even bother...

boybrushdRED

Oct 26, 2017
Philippines
I finished this last week, and played my old character again today and I retroactively got the Flatliner achievement today (all enemy codex entries). Sadly, the other achievements still didn't unlock for me in this Steam version. (Beat all sidequest, fully upgrade a weapon, beat all main missions)

Nomujoa

Oct 30, 2017
Just finished the game and side quests - and wow. I didn't know this game exists until it came out, and only got round to playing it now - but it got me hooked from start to finish. The game is stunning - the amount of detail in each area is quite crazy and the game felt fun throughout. Home Theatre mode had an issue where the central channel levels were not great but outside of that [and after I found the fixes for the stuttering bug] it was quite a smooth experience for such a small team

But it sorta just... ends. This game needs an end-game, I got the best gear after I completed all the material! Will buy any DLC that comes out

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Welp…I guess Neon Giant have gone radio silent.

Haven't seen anything related to the Steam patch coming to Game Pass in 5 days on Twitter. Most of the recent tweets have been fluff marketing pieces.

They mentioned the patch AFTER that will fix the Achievement unlock issue, but despite my asking, have refused to say if it's retroactive to anyone who should have had it unlocked… and of course the actual next patch still somehow hasn't passed certification, so who knows how long it will be till the patch that fixes achievements comes out.

This is really frustrating because, this is absolutely my favorite game I've played this year. I REALLY want to play the game, but without knowing if the achievement issue fix will be retroactive means I'm leery about progressing any further.

Bugged achievements that require replaying the entire game are kind of my gaming pet peeve…

Yes… I'm obsessed with Achievements and have a problem. See #1…

www.resetera.com

Developers, PLEASE Stop Doing These 10 Things in Your Trophy and Achievement Lists

Developers, how’s it going? Rough year that 2020 was, right? Well did you know that 2020 marked 15 years since Achievements were introduced on the Xbox 360? With so many years with Achievements and Trophies being a thing, I think it’s high time we discuss some things that it’d really be...

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
You gotta be fucking kidding me. I really appreciate you Dec
I don't see how to tell the microsoft store to update manually?
Some times rebooting windows will fix it - some times the store has an "update all" kind of button and clicking that will prompt it to notice...there may be other ways like using the reset/repair app options on the store itself (probably not without risk).

It's an unfortunate side effect of the windows store.

My and 3 friends didnt get to play on launch night because we hadn't realised there were version issues...then a wekk later we couldn't play again because a 12 bgig patch dropped and there was no way we could DL it in time....first world problems and all that!

Snefer

Creative Director at Neon Giant
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
any word on RTX for gamepass?
Coming along with DLSS as soon as that patch goes live!

I love the fov unlocker on PC. The game is so damn gorgeous.
ibb.co

IMG-20210816-120021 hosted at ImgBB

Image IMG-20210816-120021 hosted in ImgBB

ibb.co

IMG-20210816-183751 hosted at ImgBB

Image IMG-20210816-183751 hosted in ImgBB

Hope they fix the stuttering on pc.

Stuttering SHOULD be fixed in DX12 with RTX off, and be much better with RTX on, but still happening to some extent.

Snefer

Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Welp…I guess Neon Giant have gone radio silent.

Haven't seen anything related to the Steam patch coming to Game Pass in 5 days on Twitter. Most of the recent tweets have been fluff marketing pieces.

They mentioned the patch AFTER that will fix the Achievement unlock issue, but despite my asking, have refused to say if it's retroactive to anyone who should have had it unlocked… and of course the actual next patch still somehow hasn't passed certification, so who knows how long it will be till the patch that fixes achievements comes out.

This is really frustrating because, this is absolutely my favorite game I've played this year. I REALLY want to play the game, but without knowing if the achievement issue fix will be retroactive means I'm leery about progressing any further.

Bugged achievements that require replaying the entire game are kind of my gaming pet peeve…

Yes… I'm obsessed with Achievements and have a problem. See #1…

www.resetera.com

Developers, PLEASE Stop Doing These 10 Things in Your Trophy and Achievement Lists

Developers, how’s it going? Rough year that 2020 was, right? Well did you know that 2020 marked 15 years since Achievements were introduced on the Xbox 360? With so many years with Achievements and Trophies being a thing, I think it’s high time we discuss some things that it’d really be...
Not radio silent, just spread very thin! Some of the fixes are for sure retroactive, the rest I would have to confirm!

E.Balboa

Oct 30, 2017
Florianópolis, Brazil
For those with trouble @ the spiderboss, as long as you dont face 3 of them at once, I managed to easily kill it with that ability that empties the remaining of your clip with extra power and precision.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
We didnt get a chance to fight the spider Boss in the first place.

The fight startet, the game spawned 3 spider bosses and right after that we triggered the cutscene after the fight. So we had to look up the fight on youtube.

Not radio silent, just spread very thin! Some of the fixes are for sure retroactive, the rest I would have to confirm!
Any news on the certif. for the gamepass/xbox Patch? Seems to take quite a lot time.

Chairman Yang

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played this for a couple of hours and I'm stunned that 11ish people created this. I'm not completely sold on the gameplay yet, but the production values are absolutely insane.

Korghano

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I hit a lvl 6 bug on the Main Quest that's preventing progress. Whatever the next mission is simply won't spawn. Not sure what to do. Been trying to complete side quests in the meantime, but....

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
I don't see how to tell the microsoft store to update manually?

Patches have finally initiated for me when going to The Ascent store page within the microsoft store and clicking play there. But there has only been one patch so I'm mostly just hoping it works for the next one.

You can also try clicking the 3 dots on the top right of the window > downloads and updates > Get Updates, but the patch that clicking the play button prompted did not show there first.

p3pkwob.jpg

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017

Good to hear!
Would love to know what Achievement fixes will be retroactive and which won't before I continue my play through.
Wasn't hyperbole at all though, the Ascent has my vote for Game of the Year. I'm blown away at every turn how much crap y'all managed to squeeze on frame out of last gen hardware. Mixed with the pulse pounding soundtrack and the entire experience is sensory overload. (In a good way)

Twenty Three

Oct 28, 2017
Weird bug where no enemies would spawn unless I restarted the game.

Huge difference in performance between graphics cards and settings (eg 2080s at 4k a stutter fest, 3070 at 1440 magnificent, but that is to be expected, but it is a punishing game on the gfx).

Still love it. Awesome ambience, excellent soundtrack.

Snefer

Verified
Oct 30, 2017
That is so strange. This is one of those games that SHOULD have HDR by default (use of lights, highlights, colors).

Do we know if HDR is even coming in the future?
Unfortunately HDR is supposed to "just work" in Unreal, however when you do use it, it.. doesn't exactly look good, and that is the end of the documentation. It's one of those things we would like to get working further down the line, but we had to prioritise other work on the game.