• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
This game must be proving pretty hard for people, the completion rates for simple stuff is like stupid low; either that or Halo bot hunt has pulled some people that started the game away for a bit.

Anyways, just hit level 20, still enjoying the hell out of this.. Neutron Beam is beyond cool.

sjackso3

Oct 30, 2017
Houston
I am less encouraged to play this coop because there are so many NPCs and dialog sequences that I usually don't like to skip for games. I feel kind of pressured to jump into the action ASAP with my coop partner instead of exploring cities and stuff, since I know they don't really care. Is the story shitty enough in this that I should just take it as a brainless action game with RPG stats instead of caring about why we are doing what we are doing for missions/story?

I have played it solo and co-op for about 5 hours. Solo is much better IMO. I think the world they've built is fantastic and the cut scenes are really well done, so it would be a shame to skip them. I give the game a 7 in co-op but an 8.5 in solo at this point. The co-op is more buggy as some things that need to happen for the game to progress sometimes get hung up. They are maybe a couple of patches from a really fantastic experience.

Last edited:

erikNORML

Oct 30, 2017
Played up until
just past the spider mech
all couch coop with the wife. Was worried it would be to hard but we had no issues until the boss in the spoiler tag. After dying like eight times we decided to back out to the main hub and upgrade the weapons and buy the augs we knew he was weak too. Was a bitch getting all the way back to the boss location but we beat him second try with those upgrades.

Really fun and cool game. Definitely takes me back to some of my favorite old pc games. Would've probably done more side quests and dove into the lore more if I played alone, but definitely had way less fun. Game ran smooth on my 1660 at 1080p, ran into a weird bug where if she hit sell duplicates at a vendor the pop up to confirm would show but only my controller could use it. One straight crash to desktop in maybe six hours playing but the save system is generous enough it didn't really matter.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
I think cyberdecks are bugged. In some areas (dNexus) I can open Ice 2 chests with an Ice 1 deck (Plug), but in RBM-5 there is an Ice 1 chest I can't open with the same cyberdeck.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
This game must be proving pretty hard for people, the completion rates for simple stuff is like stupid low; either that or Halo bot hunt has pulled some people that started the game away for a bit.

Anyways, just hit level 20, still enjoying the hell out of this.. Neutron Beam is beyond cool.

Neutron Beam never left my loadout once I got it, and I also kept the MIM 95% of the time as well. In terms of completing the game, the next to last area is super rough solo. Not impossible, but I can see how it would be really frustrating for some. There are just general problems with the combat solo, but it's primarily due to enemy placement and the FOV that is at least 30% closer than it should be. That's not even factoring in any performance issues either.

Also, while "builds" aren't really a thing in this game except for in the very low levels, there are some attributes that will help a lot more than others earlier. The very first one that recovers your grenade meter faster is a really good one to invest in because your gauge fills so slowly without it it, and crit chance would likely be the second best, but it caps at 20% unfortunately. Health isn't necessary, but if someone finds themselves dying too much, it might not be a bad investment until they get gear that has it by default (I put nothing into health and gained 60% of a second meter through gear alone by the end) and energy is probably something that shouldn't be invested in until later on after you've found the actually good augments that you want to use all of the time.

I read some posts about how investing into the dodge skill made "a big difference", but I am just not seeing it at all. In my initial playthrough I eventually invested ten points into it, but on my current I left it at base and it feels identical because I don't just spam dodge multiple times in a row. Enemies do not have 100% accuracy, and moving while shooting can avoid a lot of their shots when you are not behind cover. For me, dodges are mainly for the really big hits.

I think cyberdecks are bugged. In some areas (dNexus) I can open Ice 2 chests with an Ice 1 deck (Plug), but in RBM-5 there is an Ice 1 chest I can't open with the same cyberdeck.

Yep, happened to me with two chests I think.

A Doom style weapon wheel would work great in this game.

You can only have two weapons equipped at any given time, and even if you were able to equip a lot more, you only have enough upgrade materials to get 3-4 at most to rank 5, which is the point at which weapons no longer require basic components. As you start encountering enemies at higher levels, you really won't want to bother with any weapons that you haven't upgraded unless it's something you found much later on that might have slightly high base damage.

Last edited:

Scythe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what side missions I'm missing for the full completion. If anyone has a list, let me know.

Also, have no idea what areas/enemies I'm missing, or where the cyberdeck upgrades are located for Level 3 chests and such. I finished the main missions and have done 20+ side missions already. 🤔

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around to playing it. So far, I really enjoy it overall outside of one thing - I hate the gibberish talk of most NPCs. If I could, I'd turn it off entirely. It's incredibly distracting, actually making it harder to focus and read the text.

I see there's an option to turn off lower dialogue volume, but that impacts the English voicing as well. :/

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Just snuck into a level 23 - 27 area and grabbed what is arguably the best anti-organic gun in the game and the best frag grenade at level 9.

Finally got around to playing it. So far, I really enjoy it overall outside of one thing - I hate the gibberish talk of most NPCs. If I could, I'd turn it off entirely. It's incredibly distracting, actually making it harder to focus and read the text.

I see there's an option to turn off lower dialogue volume, but that impacts the English voicing as well. :/

I was finding the Star Wars "Cantina speak" incredibly annoying when trying to read the subs, so I would just take my headphones off to read it. Do not have a similar issue while watching foreign films, but then they also do not just have a constant stream of what sounds like "bluh, blub, blub, wa, blub" happening either.

edit: Actually, a lot of it just sounds like someone talking backwards.

Can you still wander around after beating the story and loot some materials for upgrading the weapons ? I am not sure I have enough for one lvl max

Yes, you can roam around and finish any unfinished side quests too.

Last edited:

Steo

Sep 28, 2018
Dublin, Ireland.
You can only have two weapons equipped at any given time, and even if you were able to equip a lot more, you only have enough upgrade materials to get 3-4 at most to rank 5, which is the point at which weapons no longer require basic components. As you start encountering enemies at higher levels, you really won't want to bother with any weapons that you haven't upgraded unless it's something you found much later on that might have slightly high base damage.

I know all that.

Different weapons take down different enemies easier - I'm just saying it would easier to swap between the weapons you want to use on a wheel rather than having to go into the menu every single time.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Holy shit, the PC Game Pass version is so broken. So far (6 hours gameplay) I got:

Ghost side quests - mini map shows quest icon but there's no NPC there to give it
2 broken side quests which I can't complete due to bugs
Cache load problem which causes FPS drops - still perstisting
When I entered the Black Towers District my game went into total slowdown/jittery mode, feels like I'm playing in 10 FPS (that's where I gave up)
Can't select DLSS/RTX options, can't change to DirectX 11 despite what the game says (DX11 still runs DX12)

What a garbage version. Stay away from it. Shame, because the game itself is really fun, but the state of Game Pass version is UNACCEPTABLE.

Last edited:

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Just snuck into a level 23 - 27 area and grabbed what is arguably the best anti-organic gun in the game and the best frag grenade at level 9.

I was finding the Star Wars "Cantina speak" incredibly annoying when trying to read the subs, so I would just take my headphones off to read it. Do not have a similar issue while watching foreign films, but then they also do not just have a constant stream of what sounds like "bluh, blub, blub, wa, blub" happening either.

Good to see I'm not alone here. Surprised I hadn't seen it brought up yet (or maybe I missed it). It's bad.

rainz

Nov 1, 2017
Loving what ive played so far. Also this game made me go play Ruiner again, probably mentioned heaps but a great somewhat similar game if anyone hasnt tried it.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I wish there were a photomode in this game, it's so fucking beautiful and fucked up, you can tell a ton of love went into this game with all the crazy amounts of details all over the place.

Screenshots, later area stuff tagged.
SLdCBIw.jpg

zmiZWTP.jpg

0NmzMdi.jpg

q9iKz2q.jpg

Last edited:

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason everytime I go into this area the framerate drops to 15FPS, and then recovers once I leave that area.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
RPG23 is stupidly broken btw.

You get it around mid-game, so safe some gears for that.

It's really the only weapon you need.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, where did come across this? Everywhere I've snuck into under leveled hasn't been worth the anxiety lol

I knew where it was from my first playthrough, but it's:
In an area between The Edge and Grinder sections, but there are two ways to reach it. One is by going through a much tougher section of enemies in The Edge (kind of considered the front way) that has some level 23 enemies, and you reach that by going through The Warrens area that takes you through level 18 - 19 enemies (near one of the first elevators you are allowed to use to access a new area). You can also go through a section in Grinder that has level 5-7 enemies instead that links up to the level 23 - 27 area where the gun is located. It's in the back of a truck just sitting there.

Here's a crude map:
20210801091242-1.jpg

I already looted it, so it's not the chest on the map, but it's in that area in the back of a truck.

I went through the front way though and just killed the level 23 enemies with the RPG23 that I got a lucky early drop on. I upgraded it to rank 5 and it killed those enemies in 2-3 hits. The first one I killed dropped the big frag grenade too.

RPG23 is stupidly broken btw.

You get it around mid-game, so safe some gears for that.

It's really the only weapon you need.

It's pretty good, but I wouldn't consider it the best at all. It's better than any of the shotguns though since it fills their role and then some, but it has a very low clip, super slow reload and a very slow rate of fire. For encounters with really tough enemies it's great, and those where there are groups rushing you, but in larger firefights where enemies are actually spread out, it's kind of clunky. One good thing about it though is that it can set off explosive canisters with one shot. I'd replace the Dread with it as far as being in the top five, but there are better weapons later on.

Last edited:

sku

Feb 11, 2018
My friends and I started playing this in online co-op the other day and found that only the host of our game could see quest/loot markers on the map. It's really annoying because now we all rely on him to choose where we're going next. Anyone else playing online co-op and having this problem?

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
It's pretty good, but I wouldn't consider it the best at all. It's better than any of the shotguns though since it fills their role and then some, but it has a very low clip, super slow reload and a very slow rate of fire. For encounters with really tough enemies it's great, and those where there are groups rushing you, but in larger firefights where enemies are actually spread out, it's kind of clunky. One good thing about it though is that it can set off explosive canisters with one shot. I'd replace it with the Dread as far as being in the top five, but there are better weapons later on.
I mean it has 8 shots (which is more often than not 8-20 dead enemies) and the relaod is 2 seconds without any modifiers, so it can get easily into under a sec.
It fires somewhat slower, but critting for over 1k is well worth it. For techno bosses you can use the I/O Module power to convert it into digital damage, so you don't actually need another weapon. I run the ERB as secondary anyway tho.

The biggest downside is the atrocious charge generation more than anything, but I'm not a fan of the charge powers and most of them are kinda weak. Oh and the life leech doesn't work if you one shot enemies for some reason. :D

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
Yes, you can roam around and finish any unfinished side quests too.

Good to know thanks !

I wish there were a photomode in this game, it's so fucking beautiful and fucked up, you can tell a ton of love went into this game with all the crazy amounts of details all over the place.

Yes it's jawdropping. Maybe you should spoiler tag a few of the locations you are showing off, it's still an early release :) anyway awesome shots. PC RT ?

tanmandu

Oct 27, 2017
I knew where it was from my first playthrough, but it's:
In an area between The Edge and Grinder sections, but there are two ways to reach it. One is by going through a much tougher section of enemies in The Edge (kind of considered the front way) that has some level 23 enemies, and you reach that by going through The Warrens area that takes you through level 18 - 19 enemies (near one of the first elevators you are allowed to use to access a new area). You can also go through a section in Grinder that has level 5-7 enemies instead that links up to the level 23 - 27 area where the gun is located. It's in the back of a truck just sitting there.

Here's a crude map:
20210801091242-1.jpg

I already looted it, so it's not the chest on the map, but it's in that area in the back of a truck.

I went through the front way though and just killed the level 23 enemies with the RPG23 that I got a lucky early drop on. I upgraded it to rank 5 and it killed those enemies in 2-3 hits. The first one I killed dropped the big frag grenade too.

Thanks!

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
The biggest downside is the atrocious charge generation more than anything, but I'm not a fan of the charge powers and most of them are kinda weak. Oh and the life leech doesn't work if you one shot enemies for some reason. :D

I'm a bit confused. What charge powers are you talking about? Your energy (blue bars) returns passively. You have to shoot enemies to charge up your grenade, and the RPG actually does it pretty good if you're blowing up a group of enemies at a time, but otherwise it's slow for that purpose. I didn't find any of the grenades to be all that useful aside from the stasis one for a quest, and then the big frag grenade. That one was the only one I bothered with after I got it. Huge area of effect and huge damage. The Rejuv Field might be useful, but I never actually found it.

As for the augment powers, the Homing MIM and especially the Neutron Beam are ridiculous. The Neutron Beam would hands down be the only one to ever use if not for line of sight/stair issues that the MIM can ignore.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
I'm a bit confused. What charge powers are you talking about? Your energy (blue bars) returns passively. You have to shoot enemies to charge up your grenade, and the RPG actually does it pretty good if you're blowing up a group of enemies at a time, but otherwise it's slow for that purpose. I didn't find any of the grenades to be all that useful aside from the stasis one for a quest, and then the big frag grenade. That one was the only one I bothered with after I got it. Huge area of effect and huge damage. The Rejuv Field might be useful, but I never actually found it.

As for the augment powers, the Homing MIM and especially the Neutron Beam are ridiculous. The Neutron Beam would hands down be the only one to ever use if not for line of sight/stair issues that the MIM can ignore.
You charge up the bar for hits not kills, so you naturally charge it up super slowly when you one shot everything. I actually use the Field... but it's kinda buggy or weirdly implemented. If you put it down anywhere near enemies it's instantly destroyed or used up - just seems super weird. So it's only useful when you can put it down in a corner or behind cover. I tried every other one and they are all subpar. I mean the grenade does the same as a shoot from the RPG so I don't see the utility for me, so I stuck with the Field despite how clunky it is to use. It's a godsend during those endless-defensive missions tho.

As for powers, Life Leech (you find in the bathhouse chest) is by far the best. It's ridiculous and can trivialize any encounter. I still use the punch otherwise, it hits like a truck and crits for over 1,5k damage, has a short CD and low cost. Perfect to just insta gib dudes if you get swarmed. I/0 is another one that is useful for certain boss fights.

MiM was okay, but the cost and delay was too high and didn't deal enough damage compared to Spider Bots or the Tentacles. The latter are super cool, but cost too much as well. The Defender Robot is useful at times, but kinda whatever. Neutron Beam ticked for like 72 for me at the time and made you stationary... I don't see why you'd want to use it. If it deals less damage than a Punch or RPG shot, why bother.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
My friends and I started playing this in online co-op the other day and found that only the host of our game could see quest/loot markers on the map. It's really annoying because now we all rely on him to choose where we're going next. Anyone else playing online co-op and having this problem?
playing it with my husband. This is definitely a stupid issue. He can't even ping the active quest to see where we're going

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Hopefully with that scene during the credits we end up getting a sequel or even story dlc. Beat it a couple hours ago co-op in one sitting took about 8 hours mostly main mission with some side missions and unique gun farming. Both of us built the same and were level 27 using maxed out MG1000 Strikebreaker, Disintegrator for weapons, Rejuv field for tactical, Homing Mim and Neutron Beam augs. We were unstoppable killing machines and it was great.

My only suggestion is to add melee weapons and specs into the game.

Last edited:

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what's the consensus so far from those playing this game? Is the 65 Metacritic score on Xbox fair?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I think overall the game is mindless fun, but the story, NPCs, and mission design are all kind of bland and repetitive. But it's not a bad way to spend a few hours, and I just enjoy the gameplay once you've leveled up sufficiently. I'm only level 10 and I already feel like a badass killing machine.

Mana Latte

Banned
Jul 6, 2019
Debating whether or not to wait for a patch (XSX) to fix some bugs. I had to reboot due to not being able to progress a mission and the checkpoint system goes by it's own rules. I don't know if the checkpoints are a bug it I'm not a fan.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
You charge up the bar for hits not kills, so you naturally charge it up super slowly when you one shot everything.

After posting, I was doing a side quest that leads to an area where you have to fight a bunch of ferals in huge swarms, and I my tactical meter went from zero to full extremely fast, and I was one-shotting 3-5 at a time. With the RPG. So maybe the explosion that instantly killed them counted as "a hit". Still doesn't seem right though because it took longer when using my faster firing weapons. If it was simply per hit, then the really fast (but weak) submachine guns would fill it up the quickest.

MiM was okay, but the cost and delay was too high and didn't deal enough damage compared to Spider Bots or the Tentacles. The latter are super cool, but cost too much as well. The Defender Robot is useful at times, but kinda whatever. Neutron Beam ticked for like 72 for me at the time and made you stationary... I don't see why you'd want to use it. If it deals less damage than a Punch or RPG shot, why bother.

Both MIM and Neutron Beam scale with Motorics, and I had one of the skills at 15 and the other at 12. Why use Neutron Beam over the Punch or RPG? Can either of those go full screen and pierce through every enemy in a row, while also setting them on fire? Just checked to see how much mine was doing, and I was hitting one of the giant mechs for 259 about four times a second. While your character remains planted, you can still rotate the beam 360 degrees, and if you have to actually move, dodging will break it.

Last edited:

Threadkular

Dec 29, 2017
Anyone having issues with Play Anywhere in this game? I started on my PC and the first time I booted it up on my Series X it found my PC save, but I've been trying for a while now and can't get my PC to recognize my latest save on the Series X.

Edit: saw some posts that it's not just me.

Last edited:

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone later in the game or finished with it, how is the enemy variety?

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, the PC Game Pass version is so broken. So far (6 hours gameplay) I got:

Ghost side quests - mini map shows quest icon but there's no NPC there to give it
2 broken side quests which I can't complete due to bugs
Cache load problem which causes FPS drops - still perstisting
When I entered the Black Towers District my game went into total slowdown/jittery mode, feels like I'm playing in 10 FPS (that's where I gave up)
Can't select DLSS/RTX options, can't change to DirectX 11 despite what the game says (DX11 still runs DX12)

What a garbage version. Stay away from it. Shame, because the game itself is really fun, but the state of Game Pass version is UNACCEPTABLE.

Agreed. Can't believe it launched in this state.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
i tried the gamepass version on PC and the stuttering was so bad i didn't even make it through the tutorial before turning it off. hopefully it gets patched

futurevoid

Oct 25, 2017
Any idea when the next Series X patch is hitting? The audio bugs are absolutely killing this game for me right now. I got to point where breaking boxes or picking up items would trigger a loud, endless cacophony of ricochet sounds. I have to reboot the game often to reset this.:/

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying the core gameplay loop but I may have to pause for now until it gets fixed.