• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone getting a 'Joining Game' error when playing with friends? None of my friends can join each other :/

Type422

Nov 28, 2017
Steam or Gamepass, because if Gamepass it was already Dx12 (even though it said dx11 in options) and doesn't matter as RTX doesn't work if if you turn it on in that version.

And anyone on Steam version, if you get asset load stutter this really helped for me: Reddit link

GP version; okay, then I'll hope they get it patched soon ^^ Because the game's really fun

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Got my 7th crash near the end of the game after waves, and waves, and waves (and cheap spawning off screen minigunners that shoot from behind) of endless enemies. Keep getting near the end, then the game freezes up every single time now.

Finally got past that without it crashing and finished the game.

Last edited:

Snefer

Creative Director at Neon Giant
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
So, I experienced a bug in co-op that has prevented me from continuing the save file. I'm stuck in Stimtown with no way out, the trains relocate me to the center of Stimtown regardless of where I try to travel to, and there are no gates or doorways that are unlocked for me to exit out of. I was teleported there when a friend dropped into the session and now it's become this purgatory for my character.

I was wondering, if I select New Game and use the same file my current character is on, will it overwrite that character or can I just start a new playthrough on my existing one?
Hi, we have noted this bug! In the meantime: creating a new file on your current character will overwrite it, but what you could do (which is a bit of a workaround) is to either join another friends game and save after that, so you have a new location. Or create a new character locally, and start a local co-op game and join with the other one. Both of those should work to give you a new resume position.

Scythe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Finished the main story. Hell of a game. Congrats to the Neon Giant team for making the gameplay loop, visuals, and music so addictive and immersive. I ended up playing a majority of it in co-op with my friends, then they went offline, so I finished the rest on my own while streaming it. Hours just flew by. 😎

I'll definitely finish the remaining sidequests I have left to see the rest of the available content and areas I missed.

La Fawn Duh

Apr 3, 2018
Yes im gonna wait. These stutters midgame are sometimes so strong that i just F4'ed. For me completly unplayable in this state. What a shame because this game is really cool.

Fair Trial

Jan 1, 2018
In the opening section with a 2080super i'm getting inconsistent 60 fps with RT reflections and DLSS quality.
I don't know if the huge performance drop is worth it in this type of game, cause otherwise i get over 100 fps on all ultra settings.

Game seems really fun though.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity what do you hate about it? It wasn't exactly a surprise knowing this was going to be "cyberpunk metropolis" cranked to 11 based on all the trailers and media prior to launch.
Like the opening bits felt very "fuck you im edgy" and the visual style is very dirty and busy. I've never been a huge fan of cyberpunk in general, though. It's not like I was surprised or anything, because it's very clear what the game was in the trailers. Is Dues Ex cyberpunk? I liked that style, so I guess I'm not completely out on the concept.

You know how in Bay's Transformer movies the autobots are just a mess of pipes and wires, and your eyes just can't get comfortable? That's how it feels. Everything is so busy it makes me anxious.

aronmayo

Jul 29, 2020
Just chiming in with my attempt at playing the PC version (Xbox performance has been pretty good for me, with no major issues aside from some progress-stopping bugs).

PC Gamepass version is busted for me on a 3950x + RTX 3080 combo…massive stutter fest every few seconds no matter what settings I choose. I'm playing at 3840x1440 144hz and it's hitting around 90fps most of the time but stutter makes it completely unplayable.

I'm assuming this is a shader compilation issue, once again. This issue is really starting to ruin PC gaming and making me question whether the PC version of new releases is worth the investment. The Xbox version is relatively flawless compared to this PC version. Frustrating.

tanmandu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm I missing something or is there no way to enlarge the text on the console? I can't see shit on my tv.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
This game made a terrible first impression on me. The first screen says "press any key to continue", so right from the off it says to me this is a game built to be played on a pc.

The text is tine as hell on my 65 inch TV, god knows what it's like for people on normal size screens.

Even though the intro text set up the world, it give me no context about who I was, what's I was doing in the particular area I was in or what my goal was.

The pick ups we just there with no description about what they were. I feel like the game wanted me to spend 10 minutes going through text boxes in the menu to understand what was going on.

I feel like those gates were only introduced to to give me something to do instead of walking for 30 seconds to the next combat zone. Even then I could walk through some and not others.

The world is absolutely beautiful and cants fault the look of the game but the readability about what's interactible and what isn't is extremely poor.

I got to the main credits in the city area but doubt I'll pick it up again. I was really looking forward to this game as well.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
So my biggest complaint so far is the map (it is really hard to see a thing in it) and how big and dense the world feels. I dunno why but I guess that given the perspective of the camera I would expect more compact levels, but we are talking about an open world map indeed. Also, I don´t know well when to explore cause there are so many routes theres certain fomo weapons, armors and items. I am in the middle of a mission and I dunno if I should explore (I have ended having my ass whopped for encountering higher level enemies) or follow my path towards the objective. It may be a me thing, tho.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
This game made a terrible first impression on me. The first screen says "press any key to continue", so right from the off it says to me this is a game built to be played on a pc.

The text is tine as hell on my 65 inch TV, god knows what it's like for people on normal size screens.

Even though the intro text set up the world, it give me no context about who I was, what's I was doing in the particular area I was in or what my goal was.

The pick ups we just there with no description about what they were. I feel like the game wanted me to spend 10 minutes going through text boxes in the menu to understand what was going on.

I feel like those gates were only introduced to to give me something to do instead of walking for 30 seconds to the next combat zone. Even then I could walk through some and not others.

The world is absolutely beautiful and cants fault the look of the game but the readability about what's interactible and what isn't is extremely poor.

I got to the main credits in the city area but doubt I'll pick it up again. I was really looking forward to this game as well.
Have to agree. The UX hasn't been good for me at all. I don't even understand what I'm supposed to do with hacking.

Combat so far is point one stick away from the enemies and the other towards them while holding the trigger.

Pretty world, but also pretty mindless gameplay.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
Can't believe the Microsoft Store version of the game doesn't currently support DLSS (the option is grayed out). There's even an article on it.

Also, upon launch, the game is set to "DirectX 11" by default, even if that's technically impossible (being a MS Store title), with RT features grayed out. Changing to DX12 and rebooting makes the RT settings available, but without DLSS, they're pretty much useless.

We're back to the days of games not having feature parity between Steam/other launchers and the god-awful MS Store, despite years of promises by Phil Spencer and the like, of improving that nightmare of storefront/launcher. Remember Rise of the Tomb Raider and Quantum Break, which didn't offer basic settings? That was early 2016, more than five years ago.

Snefer, what gives? Are you guys looking into this?

buset

Jul 25, 2018
I've put around 7 hours into this so far on my Series S and i absolutely love it, its way better than I was expecting. Sure, there's been some minor stutters here and there and some audio bugs, I also had a bug with a cutscene before a boss not spawning so I had to reboot, but other than that its been smooth sailing and compared to lots of other games I like, those bugs are nothing.

The world is gorgeous and aesthetically feels more 2000AD/Judge Dredd than Bladerunner to me. The little quips and quotes from the NPCs while passing by them and the lore is really old school 80s Cyberpunk as well, with the nihilistic corporation-thing and so on. And the NPC density and the size of everything really makes it feel like a sprawling metropolis/mega city! I absolutely love the combat, someone earlier on in this thread compared it to kind of a Gears tactics but live, and I agree!

Good work, Neon Giant!

Snefer

Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Can't believe the Microsoft Store version of the game doesn't currently support DLSS (the option is grayed out). There's even an article on it.

Also, upon launch, the game is set to "DirectX 11" by default, even if that's technically impossible (being a MS Store title), with RT features grayed out. Changing to DX12 and rebooting makes the RT settings available, but without DLSS, they're pretty much useless.

We're back to the days of games not having feature parity between Steam/other launchers and the god-awful MS Store, despite years of promises by Phil Spencer and the like, of improving that nightmare of storefront/launcher. Remember Rise of the Tomb Raider and Quantum Break, which didn't offer basic settings? That was early 2016, more than five years ago.

Snefer, what gives? Are you guys looking into this?
Yeah, we are looking into this together with our partners. The goal is complete parity between PC versions, of course, there is no excuse to do otherwise.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Have to agree. The UX hasn't been good for me at all. I don't even understand what I'm supposed to do with hacking.

Combat so far is point one stick away from the enemies and the other towards them while holding the trigger.

Pretty world, but also pretty mindless gameplay.
I forgot to mention the actual gameplay haha yeah it is SUPER basic. The crazy thing was the hold l trigger to aim high was introduced early and sounded interesting but them all the enemies you fight at that moment are knee height, so you don't actually get to practice it. That's game design 101, introduce a mechanic and then have the player use it and see the advantage/uniqueness in said mechanic

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
so I am a bit confused about how to use my currency

is it worth it to buy anything or can you find everything from drops?
when do I know it's worth upgrading weapons to full, when there are always better versions dropping?

also I just found out you can just boom the health dispenser and health drops out, why would you ever buy some?
I think a police sysetm would have been great for this game, destroy too much and kill too many civilians and a squad of police drops in, that would have been great. the game wants to be an RPG after all

still, I honestly really love it. the game looks and feels incredibly good.

Snefer

Verified
Oct 30, 2017
so I am a bit confused about how to use my currency

is it worth it to buy anything or can you find everything from drops?
when do I know it's worth upgrading weapons to full, when there are always better versions dropping?

also I just found out you can just boom the health dispenser and health drops out, why would you ever buy some?
I think a police sysetm would have been great for this game, destroy too much and kill too many civilians and a squad of police drops in, that would have been great. the game wants to be an RPG after all

still, I honestly really love it. the game looks and feels incredibly good.
Not everything can be found from drops, some is also exclusive to side missions, or placed in the world. You don't get better drops of your existing weapons, your upgraded weapon will always be the best version of it (and bounties drop more upgrade currency).

The vending machines drop less kits when you blow them up, so if you really need to stock up...(oh and you can hack them)
Glad you like it!

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How is the multiplayer? Can I play through the entire game with a friend who will also be able to spec and level up their character, or is it just a drop-in type of situation where the second player is just a guest?

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot to mention the actual gameplay haha yeah it is SUPER basic. The crazy thing was the hold l trigger to aim high was introduced early and sounded interesting but them all the enemies you fight at that moment are knee height, so you don't actually get to practice it. That's game design 101, introduce a mechanic and then have the player use it and see the advantage/uniqueness in said mechanic

Aiming isn't an acquired skill... And you can aim against those enemies.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
How is the multiplayer? Can I play through the entire game with a friend who will also be able to spec and level up their character, or is it just a drop-in type of situation where the second player is just a guest?

Playing this with friend in coop. He got to make his own character in the beginning and is leveling just as my (hosts) character is. His own progression in XP, gear, attributes etc.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Weapons vendor should see upgrade materials imo instead of them being only loot scattered around the map. Because how system is currently I feel somewhat trapped into using two weapons I have upgraded most as I have no means to get other weapons to same performance level without lucking out on looting a lot mats.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Aiming isn't an acquired skill... And you can aim against those enemies.
I didn't say you couldn't. I said the additional mechanic of shooting high was introduced without the appropriate enemies to use the mechanic against. I used it later against the mini boss but there should have been enemies to use it against as soon as it was introduced

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I tried to play online with a group of three other people (so a full group) last night in a two hour session and was running into heaps of issues. Is it just me?

• People would get "stuck" in cutscene camera angles and not be able to move
  • The floor would disappear and everyone would fall through it and then land on invisible structures. Couldn't even quit out without dashing out.
  • Characters would just disappear
  • Characters would not be able to interact with other items or revive others
  • In a boss cutscene, the boss was introduced and one of the four team members just completely disappeared and couldn't play the whole boss battle at all. The character who was "missing" was still in the game though as the boss was just attacking them which ruined the whole boss battle.
  • A quest marker leading to an elevator wouldn't activate
  • People would get stuck in menus and be unable to do stuff
Had absolutely zero issues by myself on PC. But these issues are all stemming from online with other people on Series X. Super disappointing as I can see potential in the combat with heaps of people.

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
There's no morality system or anything is there? I feel like just in the first few hours I've probably killed more innocent bystanders than I did in GTAV.

Also, those vending machines on the walls - any benefit of hacking over just shooting them? I don't really understand what they're for? Do they drop health?

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Having a blast and no bugs at all. But now I can't pirate SC1 chests even with the right Cyberdeck equiped (SC1 level for chests and doors).

You upgrade your deck by picking up upgrades bonuses. There are more of them than what's necessary to have the max stats, they are conveniently placed close to important stories location (iirc). It's not a matter of equipping one vs another. Make sure you chase those "chest" icons.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
Yeah, we are looking into this together with our partners. The goal is complete parity between PC versions, of course, there is no excuse to do otherwise.

Thanks for the reply, that's good to hear. Also, RT doesn't seem to be working in the MS Store version, despite the toggles becoming available once you switch to "DirectX 12" in the settings menu, but I guess that's been discussed on this thread, already.

Something I noticed that hasn't been mentioned yet is that the game seems to be limiting the GPU's core maximum clock, even though GPU utilization is always at 99%, with the obvious result being reduced performance/FPS.

I have a 3090, which can run overclocked up to ~2055MHz. In-game, the max clocks I've seen were in the 1800MHz ballpark, with 1830MHz being the absolute max - except when there are explosions, which also trigger massive stutters/frame time spikes, causing the GPU utilization to drop and the max theoretical clocks to be reached for a split second.

Here are a couple videos showcasing the issue:

While in the game's main/opening menu, the GPU runs fine, at its max theoretical clock. Setting it to stock levels causes the in-game max clock to be reduced even further (same with underclocking).

Edit: Running in full screen unsurprisingly doesn't make a difference, given how DX12 doesn't have true exclusive full screen. Here's a video showing the transition from main menu to in-game (notice the clocks):

In-game, GPU utilization ramps up to 99% at all times, despite the current load. This is unexpected behavior, causing fans to also ramp up and temps to rise. GPU behavior in the main menu is what you'd normally expect.

Last edited:

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't say you couldn't. I said the additional mechanic of shooting high was introduced without the appropriate enemies to use the mechanic against. I used it later against the mini boss but there should have been enemies to use it against as soon as it was introduced

I guess I'm saying that since you have access to the mechanic before any enemy encounter...not having to use it as soon as the game tells you the buttons isn't that big a deal. You don't have to dodge or crouch all the time either to start. Theyre not tied to specific enemies.

And those prompts pop up wherever you return to that area. The game is still telling me how to crouch hours into it.

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks for the reply, that's good to hear. Also, RT doesn't seem to be working in the MS Store version, despite the toggles becoming available once you switch to "DirectX 12" in the settings menu, but I guess that's been discussed on this thread, already.

Something I noticed that hasn't been mentioned yet is that the game seems to be limiting the GPU's core maximum clock, even though GPU utilization is always at 99%, with the obvious result being reduced performance/FPS.

I have a 3090, which can run overclocked up to ~2055MHz. In-game, the max clocks I've seen were in the 1800MHz ballpark, with 1830MHz being the absolute max - except when there are explosions, which also trigger massive stutters/frame time spikes, causing the GPU utilization to drop and the max theoretical clocks to be reached for a split second.

Here are a couple videos showcasing the issue:

While in the game's main/opening menu, the GPU runs fine, at its max theoretical clock. Setting it to stock levels causes the in-game max clock to be reduced even further (same with underclocking).

Clocks on modern GPUs are completely variable and can be limited by all manner of things, so variable clocks are completely normal. You need to be showing what is limiting your clocks for those videos to really show anything of value (i.e pwr, thrm, vrel, vop, util etc).

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
When I was introduced to it, it had me raising my weapon to shoot up stairs while I was near the bottom. As the enemies moved in I had to adjust for their height. That felt fairly instructive to me. There was a moment where I was confused why they weren't getting hit with my weapon raised, but again, lesson learned.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
Clocks on modern GPUs are completely variable and can be limited by all manner of things, so variable clocks are completely normal. You need to be showing what is limiting your clocks for those videos to really show anything of value (i.e pwr, thrm, vrel, vop, util etc).

I know. And you can see all other metrics in those videos: power, voltage, etc. A game forcing 99% GPU utilization at all times (despite the actual load/render cost), all the while capping the max core clock, isn't normal. 200+ MHz isn't an insignificant amount, people are losing frames due to how the game works. It's very clear during the transition from main menu to in-game, like my last video shows.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
You upgrade your deck by picking up upgrades bonuses. There are more of them than what's necessary to have the max stats, they are conveniently placed close to important stories location (iirc). It's not a matter of equipping one vs another. Make sure you chase those "chest" icons.
Yeah I noticed, but what's weird is that my CD level should let me unlocked SC1 chests. When I'll upgrade again later I'll try again.