• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
So after turning in the first quest, the Sector boss tells you to go to one particular area of the map. As usual, as soon as I came upon a fork, I took the turn that didn't direct me to the critical path and now I've leveled up twice, discovered an area with enemies waaaay above my level who can one shot me and unlocked god knows how many regions that weren't even mentioned in the main quest. In short, this game is amazing!

Edit - Also found a weird fire gun after one of the the most butt-clench skirmishes.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Everything that has bugged me so far can easily be patched so I'm really crossing my fingers 🤞

iamsirjoshua

Oct 28, 2017
The environmental density and scale reminds me of old CRPG's with pre-rendered backgrounds in the best way, except it all feels so much more alive. I am stunned that this was developed by such a small team, so hopefully someone out there is looking at this talent and thinking, "I need to throw some serious money at their next project."

Still near the beginning of the game (I promised myself I would finish the Mass Effect trilogy before starting yet another new game), but this is such a pleasant surprise as I hadn't been following this game much prior to release, I only really heard about it in the last month or two. Glad it's getting the exposure from Game Pass.

Meauxse

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
The ultrawide/FoV trainer works with all versions.
community.pcgamingwiki.com

The Ascent ultrawide & superwide fix, FOV changer

The tool adjusts the field of view of the game to address the decrease affecting 21:9 and wider resolutions, vertically matching each scene to that of 16:9. It also removes the black bars from the menu screens and the cutscenes (prominent at 32:9 and wider). Lastly, it allows to manually modify t...

Holy shit I thought it looked real tight

Thank you for this! My 34" 3440x1440 liiiiives

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
This came out at the perfect time. It's great fun. I'm sure it's been addressed in this thread but man the text is small.

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
The side quests in this game are almost unplayable. I'm doing one rated lvl 7 and it's making me kill lvl 24 enemies which one shot me.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
The environmental density and scale reminds me of old CRPG's with pre-rendered backgrounds in the best way, except it all feels so much more alive. I am stunned that this was developed by such a small team, so hopefully someone out there is looking at this talent and thinking, "I need to throw some serious money at their next project."

Still near the beginning of the game (I promised myself I would finish the Mass Effect trilogy before starting yet another new game), but this is such a pleasant surprise as I hadn't been following this game much prior to release, I only really heard about it in the last month or two. Glad it's getting the exposure from Game Pass.

I love me crusader and syndicate games.

Definitely feelin that vibe.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
Just got the exact same thing and came to this thread to see if I was alone.

I'll come back after a patch or two.

You just need to do the main mission (2nd or 3rd) that unlocks that area. It'd definitely be great if they did make it so side quests only unlock if you already have access yo certain areas.

Deathglobe

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I am doing the side missions for the weight lifter where he wants some lower dosage pills. The quest sends me to a empty bar where the quest path just ends.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
I am doing the side missions for the weight lifter where he wants some lower dosage pills. The quest sends me to a empty bar where the quest path just ends.

I've had the same thing with another side quest (find the dudes luggage and take it to his friend). Get to the destination and there's nothing there. Either it's a bug or the NPC doesn't trigger until a certain point in the Main Quest is my thinking. I'll go back and check later.

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018
Yeah I haven't done this mission yet but it could be like the earlier side mission where you cannot enter the elevator until you progress in the story missions.

Deathglobe

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I've had the same thing with another side quest (find the dudes luggage and take it to his friend). Get to the destination and there's nothing there. Either it's a bug or the NPC doesn't trigger until a certain point in the Main Quest is my thinking. I'll go back and check later.
I am going to reload the game and see. I thinking maybe all the gun fire had everyone running lol

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Can you set waypoints on the map? I see the icon for the grifter but cannot find him lol.

Also I really don't understand the grenade mechanic, takes forever to charge and there does not seem to be any way to aim.

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018
Can you set waypoints on the map? I see the icon for the grifter but cannot find him lol.

Also I really don't understand the grenade mechanic, takes forever to charge and there does not seem to be any way to aim.
Grenades power up as you kill enemies or pick up the yellow bottles. I believe whichever way you are facing/walking will be direction you throw them.

Last edited:

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My first impression of the game is that it has the worst character creation options for black people I've seen in a long time

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I actually like the cover system a lot. It is not a gimmick at all. The crouching and then shooting over the cover with LT is pleasing.

Ghost Rider

Oct 27, 2017
Loving it so far. Graphics are awesome. My only complaint is that it feels like sometimes enemies that get in close basically get stuck to you and are impossible to kill with your guns. If you dont have an augment ready or roll you can get killed quick which I find annoying. Wish there was a fast melee (is there?) that you can do.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
You just need to do the main mission (2nd or 3rd) that unlocks that area. It'd definitely be great if they did make it so side quests only unlock if you already have access yo certain areas.

Which main mission? Both my main missions in my log have no objectives to complete, so I'm not sure where to go.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Who the hell made the decision that hold to close for tooltips was a good idea, but the lightest of button presses in the shops and main menu will purchase/select said thing.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
So, I picked up a Cyberdeck Upgrade in the world and... my deck is still level one. What gives? Also, mouseover tooltips on stats in inventory would be nice. I got new armor, it shows some stats on icons, but I have zero idea what those icons represent - I can only guess. Plus: armor boosts skills but it also just shows icons and I simply don't remember what icon is what skill yet :)

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, I picked up a Cyberdeck Upgrade in the world and... my deck is still level one. What gives? Also, mouseover tooltips on stats in inventory would be nice. I got new armor, it shows some stats on icons, but I have zero idea what those icons represent - I can only guess. Plus: armor boosts skills but it also just shows icons and I simply don't remember what icon is what skill yet :)
You can turn on tooltips, bottom corner will have the button. Not mouse-over through

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee

Cyberdeck is weird. It has several different parameters like hacking ATM, opening doors etc. when you get an upgrade the name of the deck changes to what you just picked up, and one of the parameters in the list changes. It doesn't tell you which one, but check the list to see what you can currently do and you will see that something new has opened up for you.

I think the dev needs to add a proper tutorial for the Cyberdeck and especially upgrading it. When you get a new one you should be told what new capability you are unlocking.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
The more I play, the (even) more I love the game.
Those skill points really make a ton of difference (sometimes I forget to assign them, just dropped 9 points).
Now I can mow enemies in places where I was swarmed.
Level 10 now, still have to dig more into cybernetics and augmentations.
I've even started to use consistently covers and loving it.

The game is much much much bigger in scope than I thought.
I didn't expect cool side quests, bunties, augmentation, weapons improvements...
Also, the world is waaaaay bigger than I expected.
I love exploring the world, even those places where you find new enemies waaaay over your level (just been destroyed by weird enemies with some sort of shield in an abandoned motel).
Tons of secrets and cool moments.

Probably the most fun I had since I got my Series X last year.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone done the quest where you need to find the Feral Testicles? I went down to the marked area and no ferals will spawn - I've been walking around for 15 minutes...

No issue. I found plenty of testicles. Make sure you also open you map to go to the red highlighted area. Just going to zone won't make them spawn. Also I didn't realize this, when you get the reward you still have to manually install it. The game doesn't tell you much at all, but it is pretty easy to figure it out.

Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
this is probably PC dependent, but I don't know of anyone that uses the in game voice chats. At least in my group its the first thing we turn off. Especially in a game like this which doesnt even have matchmaking so you have to coordinate out of game to party up anyway...

Discord quality is usually much better

I heard that this was a thing, but i guess I never realized to what extent it was THE thing. I've considered trying this in the past (especially with Switch games) but my big question is if you're on Discord, how can one hear the actual in-game audio? Part of the appeal of in-game chat integration console-side is that it allows you to hear all of the actual game, adjusting the audio to preference. Do most Discord users prefer the peer-to-peer chat and the in-game sound/music to be totally disconnected? I guess the Discord is playing through your phone speakers? So alien to me...

GoldenFlex

Alt Account
Banned
May 7, 2021
I heard that this was a thing, but i guess I never realized to what extent it was THE thing. I've considered trying this in the past (especially with Switch games) but my big question is if you're on Discord, how can one hear the actual in-game audio? Part of the appeal of in-game chat integration console-side is that it allows you to hear all of the actual game, adjusting the audio to preference. Do most Discord users prefer the peer-to-peer chat and the in-game sound/music to be totally disconnected? I guess the Discord is playing through your phone speakers? So alien to me...
I use a headset made specifically for this: https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-7

arctis7-dial.ab081f32e7f2.jpg

The headset has two outputs, both coming going to the headphones, chat is sent to one, games/movies/whatever is sent to the other. You can raise or lower them at will, works so amazingly well.

Oct 30, 2017
Put in an hour or so. It's aight. From memory I liked Ruiner way more in that same time frame.

It looks nice and usually stays above 100fps maxed out (1440p with a 3070) but good god these slow downs are diabolical.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Huh - the twinstick aspect is fun, the lore/artstyle is great, but tooltips and what should be 'intuitive' aren't great.

Cyberdeck and its upgrades definitely need to be better explained, and I'm not sure on the whole energy situation - there was some help screen about placing tactical mods in the field depleting your energy....but the cyberdoc also has a place to do skills?

So am I hampering myself by 'leveling up' skills out in the field?

Has anyone done the quest where you need to find the Feral Testicles? I went down to the marked area and no ferals will spawn - I've been walking around for 15 minutes...

This happened to me with the full chromes in the main quest - you need to quit/reload the map, and it fixed it for me.

The side quests in this game are almost unplayable. I'm doing one rated lvl 7 and it's making me kill lvl 24 enemies which one shot me.

Some of the 'follow-the-line' quest assist lines will definitely drag you through higher-level areas with 10+ level higher enemies - I had to figure out a way around them a couple times on the way to one of the main quests also.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Yea, those freezes/loading cache when new stuff happens really hurts the overall (great!) experience. Quite baffling that it made to the final game :/

Snefer

Creative Director at Neon Giant
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Yea, those freezes/loading cache when new stuff happens really hurts the overall (great!) experience. Quite baffling that it made to the final game :/
It's insanely frustrating. It flew under the radar, because... everyone who is working on it/testing it, already had it cached, since it was never "the first time". It's my nr1 priority.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
Well I've installed it. It had damn well better be worth the 30GB of NVME writes.

Yes - that's how GamePass has me thinking these days.

MrCheezball

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
I asked this accidentally in the review thread: if my wife and I are playing couch coop, will this save both our progression?

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I need some help. My Cyberdeck is now upgraded to Icepick. Like 5 levels up but I still can't get through ICE2 locks? Am I missing something?

Last edited:

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
So, em, those Feral Testicles quest... Any tips? I'm in the area for the quest, mobs spawn, none of them drop testicles, though. Went all the way to the quest marker but there's nothing's there....

ChemicalWorld

"This guy are sick"
Dec 6, 2017
How's the PC performance with the day one patch?

I'm gravitating to pulling the switch, the ray tracing looks bonkers good with this game.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only finished the first mission, but loving this so far (aside from my previous complaint about black character creation)