• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
The game runs great on a 1660 at Ultra settings at 1080p.... Except for the odd slowdown when certain things explode.

I haven't noticed any performance issues whatsoever on Series S.

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Got to love PC Game Pass where you can't do any of this stuff.
The ultrawide/FoV trainer works with all versions.
community.pcgamingwiki.com

The Ascent ultrawide & superwide fix, FOV changer

The tool adjusts the field of view of the game to address the decrease affecting 21:9 and wider resolutions, vertically matching each scene to that of 16:9. It also removes the black bars from the menu screens and the cutscenes (prominent at 32:9 and wider). Lastly, it allows to manually modify t...

Nov 24, 2020
Tampa, Fl
So I guess picking my character when my friend(host) was starting a new game wiped my save for said character. So If you are going to play with a friend and you have already started, make sure they have a save already. Luckily I had only done the initial opening with the save, so just less than an hour of progress loss. But yeah it could've been really be bad, so be aware.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Played a bit last night with a friend on PC. Turning the camera shake off helped stop the frame stutter I was getting during explosions and the like. Still some weird bugs and jankiness going on. So far everything felt really samey and it hasn't felt like character progression really does much to differentiate your role or what you can do.

GoldenFlex

Alt Account
Banned
May 7, 2021
I do wish I could zoom in a little bit, the camera is a bit too zoomed out at least on PC. like just 10-15 FOV pts closer would be good.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
On PC if you go to "...\Steam\steamapps\common\The Ascent\TheAscent\Content\Movies" and move "LoadingScreen.mp4" + "LoadingScreen_1088.mp4" to another folder or rename them you get faster boot. Instead of regular splashes it plays "LoadingMovie2Min_1088.mp4". Removing that video file doesn't make starting game any faster.

Also I wanted to listen to OST, but it isn't part of games download despite it was promoted as bonus :( There is only Artbook.

Fxp

Oct 27, 2017
Got a strange bug while playing couch coop on Xbox X - I couldn't shoot a gun until I died.

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
My Series S controller keeps disconnecting while playing this game. Anyone else have this issue?

I haven't played any other Xbox game recently to test it.

Oct 25, 2017
Played around an hour last night, got through the first area until the hub world and I'm pretty underwhelmed right now after looking forward to this for the last few weeks. Combat has just been kiting enemies around so far, which is not very fun. There's also just a lack of overall polish that kind of turns me off so far, but I'll play a bit further in case things get more interesting.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
It's coming in the upcoming patch! Patching process is different between windows store and Steam.

Hi Snefer, congratulations on the game, I'm really enjoying it, especially the absolutely stunning world you guys have created here. I was wondering - are you planning on doing anything else with this world in the future? As much as I enjoy the shooty shooty, my imagination is running wild with what could be done with an adventure game or a CRPG in this setting.

GoldenFlex

Alt Account
Banned
May 7, 2021
It's coming in the upcoming patch! Patching process is different between windows store and Steam.
Not to harass you, but do you know if multiplayer on gamepass is being addressed? Specifically should be an option to disable in game voice chat since most people use discord, and it seems some people can't connect to multiplayer games at all.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Stairs are super wonky in this game as you can't fire up or down along them so anything, especially, below your plain can't be shot, but they are still able to attack you.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
It is fun picking up new weapons and gear. I love games like this and will continue to play games like these. I hope they make more :)

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
The artists are clearly big fans of Blade Runner :D

7-30-2021_12-08-08_am9tjbk.png

7-30-2021_12-08-07_amyckpo.png

7-30-2021_12-08-07_amzrkl0.png

7-30-2021_12-08-07_amwkjv7.png

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Anyone on PC have been able to get the Papa Ferral fight (basically the first boss) to not hitch like crazy every time he fires of his rockets?
I have no clue why my framerate is tanking as I seem to have plenty of overhead on GPU/CPU.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
😂😂so true for me as well. I see some people asking for the difficulty settings patch to make it harder, and I'm over here like...can't wait for the easy setting option lol.

Same, give me my over powered story difficulty :D

I hope whenever the patch lands, you can change difficulty mid-game and not have to start anew.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Anyone on PC have been able to get the Papa Ferral fight (basically the first boss) to not hitch like crazy every time he fires of his rockets?
I have no clue why my framerate is tanking as I seem to have plenty of overhead on GPU/CPU.

Someone here mentioned to drop Effects to High or lower. Yet to test that myself.

Same, give me my over powered story difficulty :D

I hope whenever the patch lands, you can change difficulty mid-game and not have to start anew.

At least on PC you can change difficulty setting at any point.

GoldenFlex

Alt Account
Banned
May 7, 2021
yeah explosions in particular cause this game to hitch. I've got a pretty high end system (3080, 5800X) and shouldn't be doing this. Thinking there is a bug with the explosions in particular because you can make it happen with the red barrels too consistently.

Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
Not to harass you, but do you know if multiplayer on gamepass is being addressed? Specifically should be an option to disable in game voice chat since most people use discord, and it seems some people can't connect to multiplayer games at all.
Most people use discord when in game chat is an option? News to me! I'd much rather use a games internal chat when available….

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
yeah explosions in particular cause this game to hitch. I've got a pretty high end system (3080, 5800X) and shouldn't be doing this. Thinking there is a bug with the explosions in particular because you can make it happen with the red barrels too consistently.
I have the same specs. The 3080 is not even close to being maxed out while targeting 60fps, even during the impact/explosions, but it's still constantly dropping frames. Also noticed stuttering/frame drops in the hub area. I think I will hold off for now until some of this gets ironed out. A shame because I have buddy coming over tomorrow and wanted to play this co-op.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
The art in this game is truly stunning. What I was hoping Cyberpunk 2077 would actually look like.

Thought Cyberpunk has absolutely stunning art, and at its best is obviously more graphically impressive than this - hardly surprising given the disparity in budget though.

This game does have very impressive density and apparent scale. Cyberpunk is closer to blade runner 2077 to me, whereas this is pretty much original blade runner x midgar x fairly standard cyberpunk

Divorced Dad

Banned
Feb 16, 2021
Weird thing happened. I downloaded the Game Pass version and it had DLSS but it wouldnt' work and I had tons of crashes. I had to reformat my machine and downloaded it again and DLSS was missing. I then bought the steam version and it's back?

Also, the game stutters like crazy on my 3080

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
How does story and character progression with when you play multiplayer? Will it save story progress or just character progress?

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Weird thing happened. I downloaded the Game Pass version and it had DLSS but it wouldnt' work and I had tons of crashes. I had to reformat my machine and downloaded it again and DLSS was missing. I then bought the steam version and it's back?

Also, the game stutters like crazy on my 3080
There's no DLSS on the MS Store version

Snefer

Creative Director at Neon Giant
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, that is also something we already fixed, and is coming in upcoming patches! Using push to talk now instead. And we are working on the multiplayer connectivity with our partners.

Got a strange bug while playing couch coop on Xbox X - I couldn't shoot a gun until I died.
Just to doublecheck, did you use the lockon fire-augmentation perhaps?
We have a bugform to fill out, it helps us to track and fix everything!

Google Forms: Sign-in

Access Google Forms with a personal Google account or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Hi Snefer, congratulations on the game, I'm really enjoying it, especially the absolutely stunning world you guys have created here. I was wondering - are you planning on doing anything else with this world in the future? As much as I enjoy the shooty shooty, my imagination is running wild with what could be done with an adventure game or a CRPG in this setting.
All I can say is that we love to create worlds, and it would be a shame if this was a one-off thing for the IP/world :) Especially since people seem to like it as much as we had fun creating it!

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I am really enjoying this. The game looks and sounds great. I had to switch to playing on my XSS as it is connected to a monitor 30 cm from my head - that is the only way I could read the tiny UI text. On my XSX on my LG CX, I simply could not read all the text (other than the subtitles). I really hope this gets addressed soon.

How do you aim the grenade? I have not had any success hitting enemies with it yet so I must be missing something obvious.

Last edited:

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

I've had difficulty options since the game launched, and then I started reading various posts about how some wished there were difficulty options. Just thought it was odd that's not something that was a default with the game as it shipped across all platforms. Unless that was just part of some day one patch for Steam, and difficulties were added later in development or something.

GoldenFlex

Alt Account
Banned
May 7, 2021
Most people use discord when in game chat is an option? News to me! I'd much rather use a games internal chat when available….
this is probably PC dependent, but I don't know of anyone that uses the in game voice chats. At least in my group its the first thing we turn off. Especially in a game like this which doesnt even have matchmaking so you have to coordinate out of game to party up anyway...

Yeah, that is also something we already fixed, and is coming in upcoming patches! Using push to talk now instead. And we are working on the multiplayer connectivity with our partners.
perfect, thanks

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Played around an hour last night, got through the first area until the hub world and I'm pretty underwhelmed right now after looking forward to this for the last few weeks. Combat has just been kiting enemies around so far, which is not very fun. There's also just a lack of overall polish that kind of turns me off so far, but I'll play a bit further in case things get more interesting.

I'd have to agree. Also played for an hour and nothing is calling me to turn it back on. Remarkable achievement for a 12 person team, though.