• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

netprints

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else on pc getting huge FPS drops in the black lake towers? Can't get any settings to work.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Good game, just finished the first mission. It'll take me a bit to get used to the controls, it's just not my thing but whatever. It's so good looking!

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying myself with this game. Graphics look pretty awesome and I'm finding the combat pretty fun so far.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
"quit to main menu" doesn't actually work for me. it does nothing for me and my friend, both playing on game pass pc. it's not a big deal because it does save automatically and you can just alt-f4. just weird stuff that doesn't amount to all that much

futurevoid

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying this on the Series X but I'm not sure if I'm hearing audio bugs or the just the intended sounds. Even when I'm not doing anything it sounds like gunfire or white noise is going off from time to time for seemingly no reason…..

Rivanov

Mar 22, 2018
The Netherlands
Is it only me or are the shooting mechanics a bit weird? I find it quite difficult to properly hit enemies. Even with auto aim. Playing on Series X.

targethyena

Oct 27, 2017
I'm enjoying this on the Series X but I'm not sure if I'm hearing audio bugs or the just the intended sounds. Even when I'm not doing anything it sounds like gunfire or white noise is going off from time to time for seemingly no reason…..
No you're correct there's a bug where certain sounds get stuck on in their location and don't die (ricochets etc). It's fixed already and will be making its way to Xbox very shortly

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
This game really makes me wonder what some developers are doing. This was made by 12 people? How come some games released are unfinished, broken, and just downright bad with a team of 300+ people. How the hell did they pull this off, this game is really great.

The Traveller

Oct 31, 2017
I was playing co-op yesterday and run into a few glitches.

Both of us had times where we went to the menu and the game froze. We had to quit the game and start a new session. We reached an area where the game told us to be for a main quest and the event wasn't being triggered so we stopped there.

My overall impressions from the first hour are that the game plays well and it looks visually stunning but it feels like it's a wide puddle. The world is large but there isn't anything substantial in it besides looking pretty. They do make you spend a bit of time walking around but I'd rather enjoy the good shooting.

I do want to play more and see how the game develops with different abilities and guns. I just hope more bugs don't show up trying to get there.

Nov 8, 2017
This game really makes me wonder what some developers are doing. This was made by 12 people? How come some games released are unfinished, broken, and just downright bad with a team of 300+ people. How the hell did they pull this off, this game is really great.

12 very experienced developers, using UE4 and a lot of art outsourcing (and I assume QA + other services). The project is also scoped modestly compared to a 300+ person production.

One of the common threads among small, lean dev teams punching above their weight is that they tend to have a strong engineering/tech core. I would expect that Neon Giant is similar.

Mar 19, 2020
Put a few hours into it tonight and really enjoyed it on the series x! The world is almost overwhelming to take with the amount of detail, but it immediately makes the world bustle with life. I'm interested in where the story goes and the guns feel satisfying even if I miss a bunch. Sound design and soundtrack are terrific too! I did crash out once, but I wasn't set back at all, so no harm no fowl. Kudos to the devs on a great experience so far!

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
"quit to main menu" doesn't actually work for me. it does nothing for me and my friend, both playing on game pass pc. it's not a big deal because it does save automatically and you can just alt-f4. just weird stuff that doesn't amount to all that much

Same for me.

I also think RT on gamepass is bugged, at least for me. Don't think enabling does anything. Game seems buggy

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017

Just goes to show what a world of difference talent and proper management bring to a game.
I'm utterly in love with this game, its brilliant.

My son and I had a blast playing it yesterday.

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
I gave the game a quick 15mins test last after finishing a 14 hour shift at work on my Xbox, as much as I love the setting and atmosphere, Due to the UI and controls I rather play it on PC. Will dive deeper into the game later.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I posted earlier but I've played 4 more hours and let me reiterate- this game is FUN.

Holy shit it's so much more than I was expecting. Thus is the Cyberpunk world I've always wanted. The game is gorgeous and the music is perfect to set a mood. I'm completely addicted and can't stop playing. I love the loot, and the RPG systems. There are sidequests all over. It's just….extra in all the right ways.

Back to it. I give this a legit 9/10 based on the first 6 hours. It's like this game was tailor made for me lol

Edit: seriously this is hands down the best, most fully realized cyberpunk world I've ever seen in a game. Is there anything else like this? I need more as soon as I beat this lol. This game …

Last edited:

Snefer

Creative Director at Neon Giant
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
is it intended for coop saves to work the way it does, i.e. only the host maintains campaign progress and all other players do not get any campaign progress?
Yes, that is as intended. So if you are playing through the game, and then joins someone who is much further in the game, your character will not "miss" that middle of the game in your local playthrough.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
I really don't understand the reviews lol

Played 5 hours on PC bad had a blast, graphics and art direction are on point and the gameplay is really good. Unless the game starts to suck i'm questionings all the 6s and 7s.

Metro score is simply wrong on so many levels, can't take seriously someone giving a 3/10 to this game.

Nov 25, 2017
Finland
Haha wtf, that Lake area, I get 8 FPS on a 3090 :D Blight Town Strikes Back!

Anyone have any idea what contributes to this? Disabled the Raytracing but same shit.

EDIT: Put everything to LOW, DX11 etc. Still around 20 FPS. Something just does not work here. Can't play this area before this thing is fixed at some end - which is a damn peculiar thing to slip through quality check.

Also bumped into a bug when I can't enter an elevator/door to get to Node in one quest in the beginning. I can hack the door alright and it opens and all, but no dice. So thats two quests I can't go forward with - granted, they're side quests, but still. And, I guess the MQ will go into these areas too sooner or later.

On Gamepass, but apparently that version sucks arse, hard.

Does this thing have any kind of end game stuff? Wondering if I should get this on Steam.

Last edited:

Snefer

Creative Director at Neon Giant
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
12 very experienced developers, using UE4 and a lot of art outsourcing (and I assume QA + other services). The project is also scoped modestly compared to a 300+ person production.

One of the common threads among small, lean dev teams punching above their weight is that they tend to have a strong engineering/tech core. I would expect that Neon Giant is similar.
A fact that I am proud of is that 100% of all the world was built and designed inhouse, with zero outsourcing for art assets. Parts of the characters and character concepts along with some VFX and graphic design were the only art outsourcing.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Weird behaviour on Xbox One X and PC where the game doesn't go back to the main menu when I select the option to quit. Is this a known issue?

Edit: Other people have already mentioned it, nice.

Cabana Boy

Oct 28, 2017
Weird reading some complaints here after my solo session.
For me the gameplay flowed really well after a while, especially after I found a shotgun and mapped the controllers to my liking. Love the way elevation shooting works and I think it adds a fun type of engagement.
Like the way the enemies crouch mid animation so you have to switch to hip shooting and then back to aim shooting to get someone over cover or up stairs, then switch to shotgun and use your abilities if you get swarmed.
Couple that with using covers tactically and pick off as many as you can before they get close, and you get a very engaging combat flow.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
A fact that I am proud of is that 100% of all the world was built and designed inhouse, with zero outsourcing for art assets. Parts of the characters and character concepts along with some VFX and graphic design were the only art outsourcing.

This is quite amazing. You guys rock!

Raigor

May 14, 2020

Aren't you guys former Wolfenstein devs too? The AAA experience certainly helped. Game is really good.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Very amazing work. The quality and sheer richness of the art reminds me a lot of THE BROTHERHOOD's work, which is also a very small and very talented team.

Nov 8, 2017

Neat. I don't want to give the impression that I was using that as some kind of belittlement either, outsourcing is just part of the toolbox that nearly every developer uses to some greater or lesser extent.

Is it correct that you have some of the people from MG/Starbreeze at Neon Giant?

Trickytoon

Jan 14, 2018
Played a couple of hours last night and for me its ok, nothing more nothing less.

Positives are great performance on Series X, its an easy game to get into and the story and characters are surprisingly engaging. Mechanics are ok but I too find aiming a little too troublesome sometimes.

Major negative for me is I find myself never really having the view I need of the play area alot of the time, particularly in the 2nd main mission, resulting in me getting shot by unseen characters and having to guess where enemies are a lot of the time. I'd love to be able to pull the camera out a little bit to alleviate that aspect.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
The art direction and sheer density of detail in this game is magnificent. I've managed to get a little bit of play time on the PC Gamepass version. It's really fun.

I had a question though, is anyone else with an Nvidia card having an issue were the DLSS options are grayed out? I can't enable DLSS or change it's quality settings. Any insight here would be helpful.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
The art direction and sheer density of detail in this game is magnificent. I've managed to get a little bit of play time on the PC Gamepass version. It's really fun.

I had a question though, is anyone else with an Nvidia card having an issue were the DLSS options are grayed out? I can't enable DLSS or change it's quality settings. Any insight here would be helpful.

DLSS is basically not available on the gamepass version...which if it is just waiting to patched in, is what it is...but if it is a preferential feature for other versions...then that is fucked up.

RT and DLSS not working on gamepass version, there is also an update that you need to trigger in Win Store not via get updates, but you need to go directly to Ascent page and it will start downloading.

Also the gamepad doesn't seem to work, using bluetooth DS4 via DS4windows. It noted the icons so game knows the gamepad is there, but does nothing.

Hadxmen

Oct 31, 2017
Gamepass version is terrible.
- no DLSS
- no crossplay with Steam (Steam version has no crossplay with W10 and Xbox version....)
- RTX not working
- stutter festival
- no difficulty settings

Cosmic

Jan 7, 2018
Game is absolutely beautiful. Played a few hours co op with my brother yesterday on Series X and loved it. No performance issues. Had a couple of bugs, one with the elevators sending us down in a loop when wanting to go up which we got around and one where one of the flying cars flew off but left a transparent copy of itself behind that we could walk through. I would honestly give it an 8 or 9 out of 10 at the moment. That Metro score is an absolute joke.

Oct 25, 2017
Yo stop giving me reasons to not bother downloading this on Game Pass PC

Hopefully they fix it up eventually? Some of these are bizarre

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
I played about an hour last night on Xbox, and every achievement I got was a rare achievement. Pretty funny to see.

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
These are afew things i really dislike so far after a few hours on Series X. Some of them are easily fixable i think. Would be great to get some feedback from NG.

- The navigation line dies out wayyy too quickly. I often find myself pressing it every 5 seconds because there are alot of corridors/navigation and i need to constantly check. Its annoying after 15 minutes.
- The alien language is not good. They could've just used left it out.
- The player is alil clunky honestly. From the gameplay I thought it would be abit more agile and fluid.
- No way to increase size of some HUD objects, this is especially bad if you're sitting afar from a TV
- There is noticeable pop-in especially in the elevators, this should be fixed.
- There are small stutters with new area's on series X , this should be fixed.
- No HDR - its a crime for a game like this not to have it.
- Pressing B to crouch should have an option to toggle (either hold B or press)
- Ammo and some objects are pickable just by running over them but health isn't (You have to press X), why? This breaks the flow.
- Holding X to access some chests, this takes too long. Make it an option, simply press X once. Keep the game fast and concise. This just feel's out of place honestly.

Im still really enjoying the game though, these are just things i think would make it even better imo.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
First side mission Anabolic Express leads me to a locked elevator. I hack it open, and it won't let me in. Looks like an empty shaft and there's no way to call the elevator. The elevator on the other side of the level has a button prompt to enter. Very confused.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
First side mission Anabolic Express leads me to a locked elevator. I hack it open, and it won't let me in. Looks like an empty shaft and there's no way to call the elevator. The elevator on the other side of the level has a button prompt to enter. Very confused.

Same happened to me - you will gain access to that soon just do the main mission for a bit. The game is built in stacks and the place it wants you to go is in the next level up which is what that locked elevator goes to :)

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I really don't understand the reviews lol

Played 5 hours on PC bad had a blast, graphics and art direction are on point and the gameplay is really good. Unless the game starts to suck i'm questionings all the 6s and 7s.

Metro score is simply wrong on so many levels, can't take seriously someone giving a 3/10 to this game.
Maybe people should accept first that 6-7 aren't bad votes, and for what I've played they seems a fair vote.
3/10 is something unplayable ofc.

Btw is there any fix for those stutters on PC GamePass version? Does installing on SSD alleviate them?

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Gamepass version is terrible.
- no DLSS
- no crossplay with Steam (Steam version has no crossplay with W10 and Xbox version....)
- RTX not working
- stutter festival
- no difficulty settings

Was planning on giving it a try on Game Pass (PC), but I am not going to bother after reading that.