• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think there is evil intend. It's a problem, but you all make it sound like it's on purpose. Like it says in the FAQ, they are working on it.

where did i say it was "evil intend" by the creators of the game? all i said it was shitty that this is the state of things. it's definitely something we've seen on the windows store before and i'm not sure if there is anyone who's particularly deserving of blame. for example, control got DLSS on steam well before game pass.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any ETA when the Xbox version might get the patch which adds the difficulty options ?

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Played the prologue with my son today and was quite impressed with it.

Mechanics take some getting used to,, and some of the tutorials are vague but gets the point across. The UI is also a little cluttered at times and making sense of the stats seems a bit much at this stage, hopefully understand it later on.

And my lord, the visuals are beautiful on Series X. Just stunning sometimes. And the shooting is so satisfying.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone clarify what the dev has said about DLSS + RT on Gamepass?

Is it a simple bug that will be fixed very soon (like in a day or two), or did they purposefully disable it in the Gamepass version and might enable it in the future?

ScrewyAurum

Nov 3, 2017
Very weird, only difference in specs compared to mine is i'm running a 5900x. Using the same driver. Have you played any other games with DLSS or Ray Tracing lately without issues? If so, i'd consider reinstalling (only a 17GB download).

I fired up death stranding to check DLSS, and its not working there as well. Seems like a driver issue. Will try reinstalling.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
There are quite a few ass hole hot takes in here with no respect to the devs that are present. Sad really.

Congrats to Neon Giant on the release! Looking forward to digging in later!

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
I am really digging it so far. Great atmosphere and graphics are really impressive on one X, is it 30fps because it feels smoother somehow?

Am I missing something regarding options though? Is there no way to turn off damage numbers, adjust sensitivity or remove the giant 'NEXT' button in cutscenes?

Are health packs automatic or is there a dedicated button? Also, if something doesn't have a yellow outline it can't be netbacked right? Cause I am spamming it in fear of missing something.

Lengusta

Banned
May 23, 2021
I like it so far, the detail in the game is the kind of detail i'm expecting in next gen games.

Just need to hurry up with that quick resume

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Played just a tad past the title, and I don't think a game has ever been this atmospheric. The world comes to life so fast.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
Im playing on steam and it looks like RT and DLSS are busted for me actually.

None of the RT effects are working as intended and only incur the cost. For example, turning on RT reflections actually removes all reflections from rough surfaces that are present with RT off and do not actually enable RT reflections. RT Ambient occlusion has no effect, neither does shadows.

DLSS is not working either in any mode with no gains whatsoever, and in fact dlss off is more performant.

pretty weird. sounds like they have some work to do to get RTX/DLSS actually working then....on both steam and game pass.

at least the game's all right so far. trying to figure stuff out, but i did the first mission in online coop and things seem to work ok. i read some people say that online doesn't work for them but haven't experienced a problem with the online yet.

the main problem i'm experiencing is stuttering, especially during explosions and loading new areas. the stuttering may be attributable to a shader cache issue - https://steamcommunity.com/app/979690/discussions/0/3050611107169701612/#c3050611107169718682

the game is definitely spotty on the technical side but i'll hop back in once they do hammer those issues out

Last edited:

rntongo

Banned
Jan 6, 2020
This is game is great. Only qualm is a lack of melee combat when enemies are too close. Also they're not fully utilizing the Velocity architecture which they could update in the future.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Game is a looker on series x and I'm only just past the first feral boss. I thought the player model was off with the environment at first....but I think I'll appreciate them standing out more once the action escalates. Focus is on enemies most of the time...but the player model is quick to recognize when I need to see where I'm at.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Played a bunch of hours with a group of 3, it was super fun. Performance on RTX 2060 with rtx on, obs on and vtube studio on, however, was something my PC doesn't see every day lol.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
I realize the studio small but man the choices to create a black character (let alone any other race) are hilariously poor. Literally generic white dude faces with no black folk features, throw some dreads on him, and make his skin black. Like no matter how hard you try, it just looks like your character is doing black face.

Yeah, I couldn't go through with making a black character because of this!

j3d1j4m13

Feb 24, 2019
Really not loving how side missions will display a low level then be in areas with higher level enemies around it or, even worse, in an area you can't even access yet. Besides that it's been pretty fun.

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
Anybody beat the mech at the Cosmodrome on solo? It absolutely shreds me.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
this game is pissing me off

on a 3060 i'm getting directx errors and a ton of flashing textures in game, its killing me

Meadbeard

Apr 6, 2018
Watch out for the quest anabolic express, it's a level 2 quest yet the area it sends you to is full of level 10 enemies that you kill you very quickly.

j3d1j4m13

Feb 24, 2019
Watch out for the quest anabolic express, it's a level 2 quest yet the area it sends you to is full of level 10 enemies that you kill you very quickly.
Just made a post about this. There's another side mission I have that does the same thing. Worst thing about that Anabolic quest is you can't even access that area until later in the game. Absolutely baffling.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Q7Osz08.png

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
I started a single player character it now want to play with friends. Can I use my same character and help them out or do I have to start a new person?

When I joined my friend who just started it asked if I wanted to over write my level 3 character so that's why I was unsure

Last edited:

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Just made a post about this. There's another side mission I have that does the same thing. Worst thing about that Anabolic quest is you can't even access that area until later in the game. Absolutely baffling.
The first side quest I got apparently wants me to kill enemies in a certain way and I can't even do that yet.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
Just had my first crash on XSX fighting the Fullchromes. When I got back in, the 2 I killed were still dead, so that's nice at least.

Snefer

Creative Director at Neon Giant
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
So the PC version is a stuttering mess due to the shader compilation issue, and the XSX version has motion blur which can't be disabled.

Yeah will be giving this a miss for the time being.
Good shout on the motion blur. That will be disabled in the next patch for xbox.

ScrewyAurum

Nov 3, 2017
Sure, let me know how it goes for future reference in case something similar happens to me or anyone else.

So I am completely stumped at the moment. I did a clean driver install and check both Ascent and Death Stranding. Both gave the same result with DLSS on vs Off, i.e no difference in the performance gains. Performance profiler shows that there is no memory or cpu bottlenecks either.

Had some windows updates I ran and still no change.

At this point I am thinking it was a hardware or OS issue. But before I take a drastic step I decided to run Cyberpunk and tested out both RT and DLSS.
In that game everything works as intended. RT effects are working, DLSS gives a boost of anywhere from 15%-35% depending on the scene.

At this point I am not sure what is happening with Ascent and Death stranding DLSS.

Im gonna try testing control as well, just to check.

Snefer

Creative Director at Neon Giant
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Is there any ETA when the Xbox version might get the patch which adds the difficulty options ?
I don't know exactly when, but it's already in the pipe so to speak.
treating different pc storefronts differently is silly; exactly the same kind of stuff square enix pulled with nier automata

from the faq on steam:

The quote is correct, we are working on it, but the difference is not just a storefront as one might think, the windows store version is quite literally a different version of the game/engine. As much as we would like it's not just a flip of a switch.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I just played 2.5 hours on XSX and had a blast.
There are lots of little issues that need to be patched but the game is pretty, music is awesome, and the combat is fun. Add in skills augments loot etc and it's just a really fun time overall.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I'd seen the initial trailer but wow this is impressing a lot more than I expected, was NOT expecting this level of detail, scope, and exploration. The city and all the npcs on screen at once 👀

Incredible job, especially for such a small studio.

edit: Also don't sleep on looking at the 3d models in the lore section of the menu ya'll. You can rotate em 360 degrees, a real showcase of the attention to detail and art that went into this. Can't say I've ever seen a model viewer in a game that included buildings lol but it's much appreciated, the model for Arcology in particular looks incredible.

Last edited:

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
I'm seriously impressed by these graphics on SX, the highstreet colors and reflections are amazing!

jonamok

Oct 28, 2017
Playing the Game Pass version on an RTX3070 and all the RT stuff is greyed out. Every time I select DX12 it just drops back to 11. Also no DLSS available? This happening to other PC players?

Also, even on High (not Ultra) this slows to a crawl with any pyrotechnics, even an exploding barrel tanks the frame rate. Only playing on 1440 ultrawide.

Only a couple of hours in and the game itself is fine. I'll stick with it for a while.

Edit: Caught up with the thread. So the GP version was released borked then, with no DLSS etc.? And the ultrawide is just a zoom in too? Think I'll park it here until they get it ready for actual release on Windows.

Gonna be a while isn't it?

Last edited:

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
Played a couple of hours now. The visuals are just mind-blowing, the density of the environments and the lighting are sublime. I love how punchy the guns sound, and the music is awesome.

A few niggles though - I don't know if it's just me, but the map hurts my brain and I find it really difficult to use. I would much prefer it to be less stylised, and more readable.

The red colour scheme for the menus is striking but it's too harsh and affects readability.

The menu text is way too small when playing on a TV. I've tried on PC on a monitor and it didn't bother me, but on my Series S on a 1080p TV I'm having to squint.

I'm having stutters on PC when a new graphics effect happens for the first time, but it doesn't happen on Series S.

Overall I'm excited to play more tomorrow, and hope some of the issues everyone's having get fixed!