• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
If you want proper ultrawide
community.pcgamingwiki.com

The Ascent ultrawide & superwide fix, FOV changer

The tool adjusts the field of view of the game to address the decrease affecting 21:9 and wider resolutions, vertically matching each scene to that of 16:9. It also removes the black bars from the menu screens and the cutscenes (prominent at 32:9 and wider). Lastly, it allows to manually modify t...

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
Hmm, guess we got lucky. Our group played 3 hours today and we didn't encounter a single bug. We got thrown out of the game twice though.

Overall the game is fantastic. Gunplay feels punchy, game plays smooth and the world is just unbelievably beautiful. And arriving at the city for the first time you know you're playing basically a next gen game. Hundreds of NPCs, some ridiculous good lighting and no frame drops at all. Insane!

I have one big issue we the game though and that's the mission structure. It's not very well implemented how to tackle the missions. You're running around and suddenly get a sequence and you have no idea why. It's all over the place and I really don't like it. Other than that the game is lots of fun.

People waited for some next gen experiences on Xbox and we got Flight Sim and The Ascent within three days. Love it!

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Just curious, why are you going through the windows store and not using the xbox app?

No I WAS using the Xbox app. THAT was the one that wasn't updated. It let me launch it and I couldn't join or host games. I checked the Windows Store and the store page for the game and then it updated to the right version.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
No I WAS using the Xbox app. THAT was the one that wasn't updated. It let me launch it and I couldn't join or host games. I checked the Windows Store and the store page for the game and then it updated to the right version.
lol what a mess. What version is this now? I just downloaded it and I see 2.0.1.0

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Gonna have to move over from console to PC, the smallish text on my 65 inch screen is doing my head in :(

Really enjoying the game itself though.

Oct 29, 2017
So if a friend and I both have it on Xbox, and we coop this thing... does it save the progress for both of us if we continue solo afterwards?

GoldenFlex

Alt Account
Banned
May 7, 2021
this game is quite fun, RT doesnt seem to be working on the gamepass version though and DLSS is not an option at all. Hopefully they are going to be updating the g amepass version and its not just a dumping ground.

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
Loving the game so far! Just what I needed

Playing it co-op with the boys makes it more fun

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
treating different pc storefronts differently is silly; exactly the same kind of stuff square enix pulled with nier automata

from the faq on steam:

Is DLSS supported in the game?
DLSS is currently supported in the Steam version of the game only. We are working with our partners at NVIDIA and XBOX to implement it in other versions of the game

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Press A to do a dive to give yourself room
Yes, figured that out finally and that helped lol. I did kill the first boss so I'm getting better!

Just got the main hub section. This game is so gorgeous. I don't know how they managed to pack so much detail into everything. Was a lot of it done procedurally with Houdini? Just so much detail packed into every nook and cranny. The world really feels alive too. Super impressed so far.

Dynamic3

Oct 31, 2017
Bugs aside, I'm really loving this.

I have one considerable issue however... I keep encountering enemies that are not only way beyond the recommended level of my chosen quest, but even well my own level. I'm level 7, going back to work on a level 2 quest, encountering level 10 to 17 groups. And these aren't even the off the beaten path enemies, which rarely show the red skull icon and one shot me.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Neonjättarna! Detta är ett utvecklingshus att hålla ett öga på. Jag är otroligt imponerad att detta är erat första släpp. Wow. Tack för att ni existerar. Fortsätt på samma bana. Ni gör Sverige stolta inom denna industri.

The GOAT

Nov 2, 2017
Checked out the opening area, and the game is absolutely beautiful. Love the aesthetic and feel of the world. Music seems like it's going to be cool as well. The dialog selection and UI feel pretty rough. The captions are pretty hard to read on my tv as well. As for the UI, I keep kicking myself out my character screen, since hitting the B button closes the UI, instead of going back to the main UI screen. Small stuff, but annoying. The sound fx mix doesn't feel like it has much if any separation, unlike other Atmos games. Things tend to blend together and mostly feel confined to my height and front speakers ( I have "home theatre" selected in the options).

That first encounter left me one hit away from death, but figured I'd find a health item near by, but I didn't, hah. Died as soon as I moved up the walkway. Hopefully have more time to dive in tonight.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
If you back out it should ask you if you want to save. But I switched to DX11 and Afterburner says i'm still on DX12

yeah it's very strange. when i back out there's no prompt asking to save settings. ultimately doesn't too much anyway the RT options do nothing for the win10 version. they should do like what 99% of other games do and have an APPLY SETTINGS button.

Last edited:

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017
lol what a mess. What version is this now? I just downloaded it and I see 2.0.1.0

That's what I have now and that is letting me play with my friend on the Series X and is also the version on Steam.

It seems the preload was just an old version then it needed to update but didn't download the patch and instead let me launch it with no hint that it was out of date.

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017
treating different pc storefronts differently is silly; exactly the same kind of stuff square enix pulled with nier automata

from the faq on steam:

Yup. It makes the whole "it's just another store front!" stuff even more obvious bullshit. Store exclusive features shouldn't be a thing. It'd be like if disc users on Xbox got better textures over download.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
Yup. It makes the whole "it's just another store front!" stuff even more obvious bullshit. Store exclusive features shouldn't be a thing. It'd be like if disc users on Xbox got better textures over download.

it's not just missing DLSS either, the RT options on game pass do nothing. steam users are saying that the steam version actually has working RT and DLSS.

it's incredibly shitty.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
it's not just missing DLSS either, the RT options on game pass do nothing. steam users are saying that the steam version actually has working RT and DLSS.

it's incredibly shitty.
I don't think there is evil intend. It's a problem, but you all make it sound like it's on purpose. Like it says in the FAQ, they are working on it.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
Tech issues aside, this game NAILS it's tone and atmosphere.

After the opening area, when you have to walk a good way to the objective, taking in the world just felt awesome.

I spent a good five or so minutes just wandering around.

ScrewyAurum

Nov 3, 2017

it's incredibly shitty.

Im playing on steam and it looks like RT and DLSS are busted for me actually.

None of the RT effects are working as intended and only incur the cost. For example, turning on RT reflections actually removes all reflections from rough surfaces that are present with RT off and do not actually enable RT reflections. RT Ambient occlusion has no effect, neither does shadows.

DLSS is not working either in any mode with no gains whatsoever, and in fact dlss off is more performant.

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
Going to wait until they sort out some of the issues with stuttering and add DLSS to Game Pass version I think

I saw it's in the FAQ they just uploaded, although it is pretty funny that they're telling people on Steam that only people playing the game through Steam can use DLSS right now

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
Going to wait until they sort out some of the issues with stuttering and add DLSS to Game Pass version I think

I saw it's in the FAQ they just uploaded, although it is pretty funny that they're telling people on Steam that only people playing the game through Steam can use DLSS right now
For some reason, I cannot the select the DLSS or the RT settings

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone having trouble doing online co-op!? We have 4 of us but only 2 of us can get in the lobby... :(

One on Xbox and three on pc.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Yupp
Steam Version
DX12 on Nvidia 471.11 Drivers.
With a 3080 and 3700x running at 1440p

Not only does DLSS have no effect on any mode, but the RT effects are not working either it looks like. It incurs the cost but not the rendering.
Very weird, only difference in specs compared to mine is i'm running a 5900x. Using the same driver. Have you played any other games with DLSS or Ray Tracing lately without issues? If so, i'd consider reinstalling (only a 17GB download).