• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Game is beautiful! Love the world, looks amazing.

I've never played a twin stick shooter and I must just be terrible because the game is super hard. Like I died 4 times at the very first encounter, I was getting swarmed. Then I realized I move with the left and aim with the right stick so I need to move away from them and shoot/aim while moving. This is really hard for me. I keep running into corners while trying to shoot them but if I concentrate on where I'm going I'm not aiming and hitting them. Maybe just need to play more and get better.

As an aside, as a 3D artists, I LOVE the codex with the models you can spin around. Really gives me a good chance to check out all the great art in the game.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
I realize the studio small but man the choices to create a black character (let alone any other race) are hilariously poor. Literally generic white dude faces with no black folk features, throw some dreads on him, and make his skin black. Like no matter how hard you try, it just looks like your character is doing black face.

Laver

Banned
Mar 30, 2018
They will get to it. It's a super small team so it's understandable in a way. I'm not home and wish I could dive in.
Sometimes devs just drop a broken game on Game Pass PC and never go back to fix it, while the Steam version gets ongoing support. A sad reality where Steam reviews affect the developer's bottom line, while Game Pass users have no way to reach the developer. :/

I'm aware shipping a game for de facto 4 console SKUs and 2 environments on PC is a lot for a small developer, and the Windows store version is the least important one and got the least amount of testing, but I hope they care enough to fix the game for all users.

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
This game sucks solo. Enemies just swarm you and kill you. You can't stay in cover and out of cover you get mowed down very quickly.

So I tried matchmaking... Oh there is none.

Pretty but not a good game solo at all.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Sometimes devs just drop a broken game on Game Pass PC and never go back to fix it, while the Steam version gets ongoing support. A sad reality where Steam reviews affect the developer's bottom line, while Game Pass users have no way to reach the developer. :/

I'm aware shipping a game for de facto 4 console SKUs and 2 environments on PC is a lot for a small developer, and the Windows store version is the least important one and got the least amount of testing, but I hope they care enough to fix the game for all users.
For sure. Since MSFT put it on GamePass, I'm hopeful they will continue to support it. They seem like a good team of devs and are aware of some of the bugs and slow down. Fingers crossed they are able to resolve them.
This game sucks solo. Enemies just swarm you and kill you. You can't stay in cover and out of cover you get mowed down very quickly.

Not what I wanted to hear because I'm a solo player.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The multiplayer on this game is borked.
Can't connect to my friends at all, regardless of settings

EDIT: This is on the PC Game Pass version, I can connect fine on my Series X

Last edited:

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
yo this game is fucking great! really enjoying it a lot so far. way more than I realized I would.

funny getting rare achievements for just doing basic shit so far lol

Tapada

Oct 28, 2017
I just can't make my mind if i play with mouse and keyboard or controller. Happens all the time with this top down view shooter kinda game.

Snefer

Creative Director at Neon Giant
Verified
Oct 30, 2017

Difficulty modes are coming very very soon!

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Audio mix seems a bit screwed up for somethings, like pushing boxes around sounds ridiculously loud and there is some delay to it as well (might be a bug as it isn't happening consistently), also when you are in the shop navigating the menu, doing certain things seems to trigger different background sounds (vehicles flying by) randomly.

That's really my only gripe so far, digging everything else, the exploding barrels sounds so fucking cool I wish they were everywhere.

targethyena

Oct 27, 2017
Audio mix seems a bit screwed up for somethings, like pushing boxes around sounds ridiculously loud and there is some delay to it as well, also when you are in the shop navigating the menu, doing certain things seems to trigger different background sounds (vehicles flying by) randomly.

That's really my only gripe so far, digging everything else, the exploding barrels sounds so fucking cool I wish they were everywhere.
Those will be fixed shortly, some 'fun' last minute bugs reared their heads

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
So no DLSS on Game Pass? Woooooooow. Glad I didn't pay for this.

Jimbobsmells

Nov 17, 2017

I dunno if I'm dumb or missed something but I can't even get past the first wave of enemies that you encounter.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Game is beautiful! Love the world, looks amazing.

I've never played a twin stick shooter and I must just be terrible because the game is super hard. Like I died 4 times at the very first encounter, I was getting swarmed. Then I realized I move with the left and aim with the right stick so I need to move away from them and shoot/aim while moving. This is really hard for me. I keep running into corners while trying to shoot them but if I concentrate on where I'm going I'm not aiming and hitting them. Maybe just need to play more and get better.

As an aside, as a 3D artists, I LOVE the codex with the models you can spin around. Really gives me a good chance to check out all the great art in the game.
Press A to do a dive to give yourself room

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020

Yep, it's a lot of work. Lot of the blame is on MS here for their trash tier game delivery system on PC. They just couldn't let you install normal files to wherever you want like Steam, it had to be in this hidden away folder in a UWP container. Frustrates the heck out of me, especially when xbox is doing literally everything else right at the moment.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
Wow ray tracing is quite heavy in this game... reflections in particular. At 3840x1600 with quality DLSS I go from 160 fps with no RT to 75 fps with reflections only and to 55 fps with all 3 effects. That's on a 3080. No actual ultrawide support is a bummer.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017

I don't have problems with solo, I move and use the dodge a lot.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Wow ray tracing is quite heavy in this game... reflections in particular. At 3840x1600 with quality DLSS I go from 160 fps with no RT to 75 fps with reflections only and to 55 fps with all 3 effects. That's on a 3080. No actual ultrawide support is a bummer.
Wow, so I guess even if RT gets fixed on the game pass version it's pointless without DLSS being there.

How are your stutters? Does it go away after the initial ones in a new area?

Burgess_101

Oct 26, 2017
Works perfectly on Linux no tinkering.

Though this game desperately needs different colour laser sights for each player, it's too confusing. Also set Shift to the objective tracker makes way more sense and nothing is using it.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Game is unplayable, tons of bugs. I bugged 4 times on menu, controls are stuck when you go to the Inventory and map screen.

I will wait for proper update.

Graphics and level design is incredible btw.

Lengusta

Banned
May 23, 2021
I realize the studio small but man the choices to create a black character (let alone any other race) are hilariously poor. Literally generic white dude faces with no black folk features, throw some dreads on him, and make his skin black. Like no matter how hard you try, it just looks like your character is doing black face.

lol at least i wasnt the only person thinking this

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Yep, it's a lot of work. Lot of the blame is on MS here for their trash tier game delivery system on PC. They just couldn't let you install normal files to wherever you want like Steam, it had to be in this hidden away folder in a UWP container. Frustrates the heck out of me, especially when xbox is doing literally everything else right at the moment.
They're fixing this though so it shouldn't be an issue much longer. Games will no longer need to be packaged in UWP once the new Windows Store hits.

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
eL879GB.jpeg

OK so apparently the Windows store version doesn't support DLSS?! What possible reason for this

Wow... well this certainly aged well

I don't see why it wouldn't be. Doom Eternal on the PC Game Pass has it, I think The Medium and No Man's Sky and probably some others have it as well. The only reason I can think of to not have it is when the Xbox PC app is slow to roll out updates, unless there are specific examples or PC Game Pass games not having DLSS vs other PC launchers

What a complete fuck up let's be honest. And given that they said they worked with Nvidia on the DLSS implementation, how does this even happen?

Mango Polo

Nov 2, 2017
Game is fun, but bugged objectives are shite. Can't progress past the fullchromes because one won't spawn.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Tried out co-op for a bit.

Tried taking my pants off at the start whilst testing the menus - they vanished out of my inventory completely. Tested it with my chest when we got to town and it also vanished. Booted up single player after we finished and I could take my gear on & off with no issue.

I also could not see any icons on my main map despite my partner being able to see everything and every camera cut was full of npcs appearing out of nowhere - usually t-posing.

Not the best first impression.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
Wow, so I guess even if RT gets fixed on the game pass version it's pointless without DLSS being there.

How are your stutters? Does it go away after the initial ones in a new area?

I haven't gone beyond the very first room where you have control. I'm debating whether I want to wait for ultrawide support or if I should just play it on the TV. I did notice some stutter during the intro cinematic though. Seems like it wouldn't hurt to wait for a patch or two regardless.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
Got hit with my first progression glitch.

The objective says to kill these four guys in the highlighted area..... and they aren't there!

Yibby

Nov 10, 2017
how do i turn on dx12? when i hit the arrow to convert from dx11 to dx12, i can't apply or save it, and it switches back to DX11 immediately if i back out into a different menu

playing on win10/game pass version
If you back out it should ask you if you want to save. But I switched to DX11 and Afterburner says i'm still on DX12

Laver

Banned
Mar 30, 2018
Yeah, no possibility of troubleshooting is annoying af.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
So the PC version is a stuttering mess due to the shader compilation issue, and the XSX version has motion blur which can't be disabled.

Yeah will be giving this a miss for the time being.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
This game does look crazy good on PC.

The glitches and technical issues are the main things dragging the experience.

Every other time I shoot an exploding barrel, there's a massive hitch.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Looks amazing on Xbox Series X and LG CX.

While I love the aesthetic and the core gameplay, I don't feel that it's yet hit a pace that's really engaging for me yet, but it's still very early in the game and not a write-off at all.

Obviously it looks much better than Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, but it kinda gives that same exact graphical IMPRESSION... Feels densely detailed and runs smoother than I'd expect with the amount of detail on screen.

Great get for Game Pass. I really hope I end up hooked after a couple more hours.