• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The general pace of new releases the last couple months has been too much for me to keep up with, but this is still looking amazing. T-minus 4.5 hours!

Jun 1, 2021
Why do later release times bother people? Because you can't play at midnight? I've aways just accepted the time given and gotten on with my work /day until it's time.

sagi

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 6, 2021
The fact that they say release is 29th but the release is almost 29th right before midnight is what bothers us

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Who cares what the release time is. Its their game and probably have a good reason for it.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dunno why anyone is all that flabbergasted by a game releasing around a global US oriented time, that's like, what a huge chunk of games do. Might be lame, but it happens all the time.

It's often about being able to provide support and a marketing push.

Oct 25, 2017

My review is up. (PT-BR) It's more of a twin stick shooter with light RPG elements alongside it, but i think it worked fantastically well because the gameplay is so good. It lacks enemy variety and the equipment part isn't that deep, but i didn't mind it one bit during a bit more of 20 hours of gameplay. It's also one of the most striking cyberpunk world in videogames, purely on a visual standpoint. There's so much happening on screen at all times, the density of NPC's is quite a sight to see, the world, because of it's camera takes seems so damn huge and the number of different environments is really cool to see. The story itself is nothing much, the characters are pretty bad in my opinion, but the game sells the cyberpunk part of it really well because of the world/visuals.

I also happened to play alone and had a great time, for those wondering it's still fun solo. Hoping for it's success cause quite frankly, after i was finished, i wanted more of the game lol

GreatBriTom

Host/Producer at GameSpot
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The Ascent astounds with its ray-traced visuals. With engaging combat and streamlined mechanics, it's the cyberpunk game to play. Much like 2077, however, it is riddled with debilitating bugs.

My review:

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
tenor.gif

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, the early builds had an issue with DX12 and stutter. When I swapped to DX11 it performed much better. I grabbed some video of the online co-op and some heavy combat areas and exploration. The co-op works awesome, even local.

oipic

Oct 25, 2017
I know we're a tiny colonial outpost in the bigger picture of humanity's sprawl, but I would've loved a 6pm launch time!

*cries in Australian* (3am for those of us in this part of the world)

Reviews are definitely a mixed bag, but very much looking forward to playing this over the weekend.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
This unlocks at 6pm UK time? Insane.

BUT.... I am excited of it and I was going to play on Xbox but after seeing some PC footage... I can't resist.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DX12 performance is garbage according to ACG review (and sadly it's required if you want RT). DX11 is the only way to play this game on PC for now.

Robspassion

Jan 10, 2019
DX12 performance is garbage according to ACG review (and sadly it's required if you want RT). DX11 is the only way to play this game on PC for now.

Yes! gamestar a German publication is warning not to buy the PC Version in it´s current state:
www.youtube.com

The Ascent ist SO schön, SO spaßig... und SO kaputt

Spiele für Steam, Uplay und Co. jetzt digital bei Gamesplanet.com kaufen: http://bit.ly/2of1MR0 (*)Maurice wollte The Ascent lieben - aber der Test hat ihm d...

Another youtuber mentioned that DX11 seems to be better but then you can´t use Raytracing.

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised at some of the scores, 3 of our team have been playing before launch, myself included, and have been absolutely loving it. An astonishing achievement from a new and small team. The good news is, the majority of you can just go play via Game Pass and find out for yourselves.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has been answered before, but can anyone explain how co-op progress is handled? Like does the host only get story progress, and how do they handle loot and leveling up for people playing in someone else's game?

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Regarding the late unlock, i think i've seen developers state before that Steam allows certain perks when releasing games, like a launch discount, preload, midnight release etc. I see this has a launch discount and preload, so that's probably why there is no midnight release (only allowed some of these "perks" i think, correct me if i'm wrong).