• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
What would make you think that? It's an action RPG, it looks like a blast in single player and multiplayer.

Kind of hard to answer that person's question tbh.

For some, Diablo is only fun in multiplayer, but the vast majority of my very memorable time with that franchise was probably solo.

I'd say from what I've seen so far it looks like it'll be excellent in both single player and online. The only version I'm less certain about is local co-op. It's a lot easier to have two players kite enemies around a map when they aren't tethered to the same viewpoint.

Oct 25, 2017
Between The Ascent, Halo Infinite tech preview, and The Green Knight (film) all releasing tomorrow - this is the most excited I've been since before COVID.

Feels like Christmas in July, cannae lie.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
Had no clue it wasn't loot based
It has online coop right ?
I doubt I'll ever actually play coop since my wife hates isometric games and I have no friends still looks like fun though

Apr 21, 2018
Had no clue it wasn't loot based
It has online coop right ?
I doubt I'll ever actually play coop since my wife hates isometric games and I have no friends still looks like fun though

I have no friend either. I'll probably be popping in here on the weekend to find people to play with if you want.

I actually have zero Xbox live friends too. I'm such a noob when it comes to meaningful online gaming.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
What is with this trend of releasing games in the middle of the day instead of midnight? Hate to see it :(

But I'll probably dive into this next week with a friend or two.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Great OT — thanks!

I've only ever seen this when it was first shown off and my initial thought was damn is it pretty!

Now I have it preloaded on my XSX and I'm not sure what I'm in for lol.

Is this a loot game like Diablo/Torchlight or more just an action game without loot? I love looters and thought I heard at some point that this was one?

I was hoping it launched at midnight but the GP page says later today so I'll dig in tomorrow night - on top of the other 83 games I'm playing right now due to the insane release schedule of the last couple months:)

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Will the game feature Remote play together on Steam? I understand it's probably not in supported now but is there a chance it may be added in the future? Shouldn't be big deal if the game features shared screen coop.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
2PM in UK today, what a weird time to launch the game, here I was thinking this would be out by midnight.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Went up to early i guess. Its gone now. But first review was a 8.8/10

opencritic.com

The Ascent Reviews

The Ascent is rated 'Fair' after being reviewed by 115 critics, with an overall average score of 73. It's ranked in the top 44% of games and recommended by 56% of critics.

Fordy

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question... If I play solo and want to then play with a buddy (online) and join their game. Do I take my gear/unlocks etc with me from my solo run?

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Went up to early i guess. Its gone now. But first review was a 8.8/10

opencritic.com

The Ascent Reviews

The Ascent is rated 'Fair' after being reviewed by 115 critics, with an overall average score of 73. It's ranked in the top 44% of games and recommended by 56% of critics.

Nice stuff.
It's funny because that's about what I think the game might get, something like an 88 on Opencritic/Metacritic.