• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ketchup

Nov 5, 2017
They are cute but their eyes could be spaced farther apart and moved a bit closer to their mouths. Like this:

uclt0cP.png

Source: Pokemon Go
Thanks, the way they look though is how they're designed and have been for the past few years :)

OP
OP
XaviConcept

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Some of our best collective work on the last page, well done!

Got a new work setup so I wanted to test it out with OBS, turned out well, no lag while recording at all

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
Tried making Mieu from Phantasy Star III in Blender. It turned out better than I thought it would, but still a bit dopey. Will try to practice some more in the near future. What to do next...

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Don't know if this is the proper thread for 3d work, but been learning blender. Very new so still need a ton of practice. Does anyone know any tools or plugins to speed up animation workflows? Even for this simple arm animation I've got 50+ channels and 7-ish keyframes. I did a bit of curve changing to get a little bit of slow in/out and secondary follow through and wobble but I'd have to nudge a looot more before it got to be really natural looking. I feel like I'm missing some part of the process to mass modify curves to speed this up. Or maybe this is just the process and I need to get better/faster at the tedium.

DM_Uselink

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Get yo ass in here, then

ストリートファイターV コスチュームデザインコンテスト開催! | CAPCOM:シャドルー格闘家研究所

コンテスト優勝者のコスチュームはSFV開発チームで制作し、ゲームに反映されます!

(in Alucard voice) "I'm interested in this." Hopefully, I'll be able to do something for it.

3D is for sure welcome! I've dabbled here and there, and also use it for environment art as well.
^^^ That looks awesome Servbot24

Here's something not using 3D however.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whoa! That's absolutely marvelous! Where did you get those assets? Did you make those?! Scene looks fun as hell. I assume you're rendering in cycles?
Thanks! This is an Eevee render with a paintover in Photoshop. Some of the assets such as the boat I made myself, and I bought some cabin and farm equipment on CGTrader to use in the set as well as to deconstruct and kitbash into more buildings.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Thanks! This is an Eevee render with a paintover in Photoshop. Some of the assets such as the boat I made myself, and I bought some cabin and farm equipment on CGTrader to use in the set as well as to deconstruct and kitbash into more buildings.

Killer work then haha. Really cohesive. Like water world wave rider, I love it. Are you rotoscoping or rendering the animation in layers so you don't have to deal with that? Sorry i don't know much about combining hand drawn animation and 3d. Sounds like tremendous work.

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for dragging down the level here, but I have to men up with my mistakes. I've been trying to learn to draw and I decided to build up my skills drawing pokémons (which you can see on the previous page), but basically all I was doing was trying to copy drawings I'd found on the Internet. For this one I wanted to do it more freely. I copied the Clefairy and Gengar (mixing two drawings and mimicking Clefairy's pose) basing the concept on a gif I saw once, but all the rest is original. I dared to try to break the insecurity chains that are holding me down and found out that I tried to bite more than I can chew. Now I feel stupid for trying to do a night scene with puddles and shit on my very first try and with only one type of pencil, lmao. But I'm proud that at least I tried. I think that it would be funny to see more lesser skilled people like me sharing their progress here. I hope I'm not breaking the purpose of this thread.

EZHYmBhXgBE8hrP

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Killer work then haha. Really cohesive. Like water world wave rider, I love it. Are you rotoscoping or rendering the animation in layers so you don't have to deal with that? Sorry i don't know much about combining hand drawn animation and 3d. Sounds like tremendous work.
There's no animation in the scene, Blender has some water modifiers that let you create a wavy surface like that. So I just render out a single frames from Blender and then paint over it in Photoshop, adding some splashes, characters, etc.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Considering I don't dabble with digital software anymore, I'm crying inside seeing all this stuff. There are so many traditional drawings I want to transform digitally. Until then traditional is still where it's at for me. I wish iPads and Apple weren't so damn pricey so I can get myself back into digital drawing. I want to invest some of the stimulus check on some worthwhile stuff. If I could find my micro USB cable, pen, and transfer over a few drawing programs from my old laptop, I'd be back in business with my Wacom Bamboo. Great stuff otherwise from pros, hobbyists, and beginners. I need to check/post in this thread more often for inspiration, not intimidation.

Anyway, I've trying to get my own stuff out there more often but posting consistently is hard for me to do. Especially considering I work quite slowly. But I want to get into live-drawing once I get a tripod for my phone.

Nonetheless, I recently submitted some artwork I did in quarantine to Fountain House Gallery's Art In Quarantine online art show since the online reception was yesterday (via Zoom of course). You can see all the submissions Fountain House members contributed here: https://www.artsy.net/show/fountain-house-gallery-art-in-quarantine-1

And these are the art pieces in question I submitted:

1. https://www.artsy.net/artwork/jhoan-suriel-self-portrait
2. https://www.artsy.net/artwork/jhoan-suriel-mayra-mom
3. https://www.artsy.net/artwork/jhoan-suriel-steven-live-from-drop-off-service

I still feel like coloring my self-portrait and the third piece. But from the small amount of feedback I got, people liked the black and white ink.

Raging Spaniard Congrats on the new job man! I lurked in your AMA thread and it was super fascinating to read. I take it this means you're working remotely until the travel restrictions lift?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

Feels weird to post it to Twitter since it's nothing special but it does let me easily share it from my tablet.

Edit: Another drawing:

Last edited:
OP
OP
XaviConcept

XaviConcept

Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Raging Spaniard Congrats on the new job man! I lurked in your AMA thread and it was super fascinating to read. I take it this means you're working remotely until the travel restrictions lift?

Thanks bud, glad you found that thread! It was a good time.

Yeah the move will happen ... when it makes sense. Coul be in a month and a half or longer, all depends on how the situation develops. For now Im WFH like everyone else plus a -9 hour time difference :|

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
First time trying with colors. I had to use a thicker marker because I found out that the thinner one I have here doesn't work over colored pencils. I didn't have the guts to try drawing a proper background,so I took the easy road.

EZWOkMPWoAAU7u-.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
A cool down drawing of me, my muse, and an octopus and possible business card design after it took 2 months to finish my sketchbook project. Filled up most of the remaining pages of my sketchbook with 63 new illustrations in 2 months. Will make a zine when this covid is under control

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Thanks bud, glad you found that thread! It was a good time.

Yeah the move will happen ... when it makes sense. Coul be in a month and a half or longer, all depends on how the situation develops. For now Im WFH like everyone else plus a -9 hour time difference :|
Unemployed/lockdown life means I mostly lurk and post in niche threads lol. That and there's time to reflect on stuff and how to use my talents in a meaningful way. My goal is to get my career stuff straightened out since the events industry got screwed over by the pandemic.

Ouch! I have friends that have to get up at as early as 5AM for a meeting with co-workers from abroad. But as long you're happy, you guys are taking care of each other, and it doesn't feel like work, todo vas salir bien.

On topic:

Eileen The Crow WIP. I've been tweaking the proportions of the feet and getting the feather-like cape texture for the tweaks before I ink it. I want to add more stuff to the background but I don't know what. Sometimes simple is better.

OP
OP
XaviConcept

XaviConcept

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping to get more visibility on this, if it applies to you, let me know! Otherwise, sharing is appreciated

OP
OP
XaviConcept

XaviConcept

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, as seen in the tweet above I've started taking artists for mentorships. I got two for the next month but I'm looking to get more in the coming months, for free as of now. I made an art discord server for it but its also meant to be an art server as well so here is a link for anyone here that would like to join

discord.gg

Join the RagingSpaniard's Art Pub Discord Server!

Check out the RagingSpaniard's Art Pub community on Discord - hang out with 5 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.

mooki

Oct 25, 2017
Hope it's okay to plug my Instagram.

Lately I've been trying to find a good brush combination for my illustration. Also trying to draw cool looking characters wearing cool looking clothes.

Last edited:

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018

Hey, some new faces around there, cool!
Here's tonight sketches. It's been a while since I took the time to just chill on Procreate.

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been messing with acrylic brushes, I really love it as someone who has fucked with real acrylic. It's almost like all the advantages of real acrylic with none of the disadvantages

The best part is keeping your inks prominent