• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 1, 2017
anyone know a good site to get good reference pictures from? Full body, portraits, clothed, nude, etc.
The Croquis Cafe website (https://onairvideo.com) and Vimeo are a national treasure and must be protected at all costs. I haven't found a better resource for life drawing.

There is also https://www.bodiesinmotion.photo/ for very high quality reference photos of action and movement poses, but its subscription based.

Other than that I just use pinterest.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
dddjfsc-f6b7f194-6d26-4c28-b77b-19dfbf64cd2b.jpg

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Starting a printed sketchbook project ! Mostly black and white stuff like today's sketch !

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Hi! I have been working on the Nessa (Pokemon SwSh) pic some more. I'm aiming to finish this before the end of the week. C+C welcome.

nessawip2.jpg

Kohlbiri

Apr 3, 2019
Hey all. Feel like this is a dumb question since so many people seem able to do it. But how do people do those gesture drawings or figure drawings when watching dancers, people playing sports, fight scenes, etc.? I feel like it just goes so fast and the poses slip my mind immediately as they come in. :(

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
Wow, so many talented people in here. Almost intimidated to post anything. Not that I make much, but this time I have something small to show off.

This constitutes as fan art, right? :)

0001-0099.gif

If you ever wanted to know what Sword Familiar (SotN) looks like in 3d.

Made it in MagicaVoxel and Blender3D.

I'm also working on something else currently, but I'm not quite ready to show it off yet.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Not sure it qualifies as "art" exactly, but I've been making these simplistic little three-panel comics for a while. They're not great, but I've enjoyed the process of faking my way through drawing quite a bit.

ZdqZMxD_d.jpg

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
so many great artists and future great artists in here!

I started doing drip pens couple of months ago so I just did this freestyle drawing of a spaceship armada over a couple of weeks on 11x14 bristol board. I use white ink for stars but it ended up looking like snow :(

5dJRtz9.jpg

OP
OP
XaviConcept

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Not going To post any images cause, you know, but I started a NSFW art twitter account. Should be getting regular updates from now on too.

If it sounds like your thing, here you go

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
I'm more a designer than an artist, but here's me sketching a T-Rex instead of designing more toy vehicles. I was talking and explaining as I sketched out the pose out of my ass, so it's a bit of a slow watch in real time. 2X playback is highly recommended. To save you from my babbling, I replaced me talking with generic musak.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Well dang, I thought I was the only era peep at Lightbox lol

Anywho, I hope it's okay to promote this here (if it's not I'll get rid of it) but I made an Art challenge thread!

5olid_5nake

Oct 30, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm kinda new in this thread and just wanted to share an older drawing for a personal comic I made using Krita.

muscledudeccka2.png

Of course it can't compete with this beautiful stuff that everybody's been sharing, but I would like to hear some comments if possible. :)

OP
OP
XaviConcept

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm kinda new in this thread and just wanted to share an older drawing for a personal comic I made using Krita.

muscledudeccka2.png

Of course it can't compete with this beautiful stuff that everybody's been sharing, but I would like to hear some comments if possible. :)
Nuce ink work! I suggest using the libe of action site (I think its linked in the OP) if you're interested in growing your anatomical skill!

Also, inktober is coming up so I encourage you to participate when it comes!

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Here's another character of mine. A Shamanic Priestess who can call on animal Deities.

I picked up Clip Studio Paint during it's recent sale & the base of the main figure was painted with it. I've been using Photoshop CS5 and trying to simulate paint without looking airbrushed has been a struggle. I'm pretty impressed with CSP and they really improved it over the last version I bought, Manga Studio EX 4.

The birds were drawn with my usual brushes in PS as were her fabric patterns as I'm still getting used to CSP.

ddgc24w-44b14396-f33b-49cb-bc6f-9855e5cda248.jpg

5olid_5nake

Oct 30, 2017
Nuce ink work! I suggest using the libe of action site (I think its linked in the OP) if you're interested in growing your anatomical skill!

Also, inktober is coming up so I encourage you to participate when it comes!

Wow didn't expect to have such a quick response, thanks a lot for the kind words. I checked out the site linked in the op and it looks like it can be really helpful and I'll be participating in the inktober for sure. And while I'm here I might as well drop some of my other art that I have been working on.

project1inprogressplkqc.png

Oct 25, 2017
Been working on this piece for a couple days now, it's not done yet but I'd like some critique. Particularly having problems with getting the umbrella to look 'right'.
EE2p7MHXUAEg3AR

EDIT: nvm, I see it now lol. The perspective is messed up.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
oof its been a while since Ive posted here. Figured I'd share this piece. Its fanart of a history podcast. I ended up putting more work into it than I planned to but Im pretty satisfied with it
EFPbS_0XsAYRnUG