• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017

EsqjOz0XAAEtQxv
EsqjPKJXEAIH0J9

WOW, these are the first in the AC series to release in NA since Series 4 right years ago? Either way it's cool seeing these come over. You'd think it'd be a license nightmare or something. How often do we see Sanrio collab stuff release outside Japan again?

Last edited:

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Can they release Qbby amiibo now? It's the only one I'm missing and it's driving me crazy

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, I thought these cards didn't truly work with New Horizons. Is that going to be updated?

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I hope that it means these villagers will be added, though even if they aren't, you still get posters for scanning the cards.

ZbtRWbu.png

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure the amiibo reprint means the villagers are going to be added to New Horizons. It would be silly to do so otherwise. Hopefully this means the other special villagers from Zelda, Splatoon, etc will also be added to the game then too.

I hope these will be available in Canada.

Lirose

May 30, 2018
Still don't get why the Hello Kitty set was represented by a gorilla and not a cat but okay. Anyway, that's good news. I hope it means the Sanrio villagers will be coming to ACNH along with the furniture sets. Already have my cards, bought an EU pack off Ebay long ago but I'm guessing these new restocks are going to be out of stock reallll fast.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Oh my gooood! It'll finally be possible for me to get my hands on Étoile & Chai?
That's gonna be hard to decide who I'm gonna boot out of my island for them though, should the opportunity present itself, sobs.

Look at them go!

9EMmWz4.png
463rNwE.png

I really need Étoile most and foremost though! Chai, I'm gonna have to think about it.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
Living in France, I already own the cards since New Leaf. I hope the re-release in Europe means it won't be just the posters this time but furnitures and villagers.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Oh hey, I thought these cards didn't truly work with New Horizons. Is that going to be updated?
I believe there was a datamine not too long ago that compatibility is planned for these cards. And going by the hashtag of the official tweet, it's basically confirmed at this point.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Confirmed for Canada! 🎉

Yeah what's up with the royally mismatched animals? We have cats, bunnies, frogs, dogs, etc. in the game!
They're supposed to be that way. They're not meant to be the Sanrio characters themselves, but fans of them. That's why each animal fan is a different species than the Sanrio character themselves.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I believe there was a datamine not too long ago that compatibility is planned for these cards. And going by the hashtag of the official tweet, it's basically confirmed at this point.
I would not be so sure. Look at the European packaging. It highlights Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo with a large logo and then with a much smaller logo highlights New Horizons. Since they haven't announced full compatibility with New Horizons it should be assumed that they will function as they do now, just redeeming the posters, and not with the villagers and RVs. If they were adding the villagers I believe they would clearly communicate that. It would be incredibly scummy if they only have the posters but not really beyond anything Nintendo has done with some of their previous amiibo lines.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I would not be so sure. Look at the European packaging. It highlights Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo with a large logo and then with a much smaller logo highlights New Horizons. Since they haven't announced full compatibility with New Horizons it should be assumed that they will function as they do now, just redeeming the posters, and not with the villagers and RVs. If they were adding the villagers I believe they would clearly communicate that.
I mean, compatibility with these cards was in the files of a recent updates, so it's obviously on their mind.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
They're supposed to be that way. They're not meant to be the Sanrio characters themselves, but fans of them. That's why each animal fan is a different species than the Sanrio character themselves.
Yeah I figured that after giving it more thought. I wonder if Sanrio restricted faithful recreations of the characters.

J-Spot

Oct 27, 2017
If they're bringing back the villagers they should update Chelsea to the peppy personality type so I can have an all deer island with all personality types.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
So this is only 6 cards, and you only need to buy one pack to get them right? You don't have to chase across packs to get the set?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think I'm going to nab these - the furniture is too cute – especially Marty's!
You might want to wait, the furniture is from New Leaf and there is no indication that it will come to New Horizons. No furniture from New Leaf has been directly ported to New Horizons and we don't know if they will add new features to these cards yet.

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully the furniture is ported... the packaging says it works with new horizons and the cards picture the items. It would be a bit deceiving to give buyers the posters only.

I feel a bit guilty about selling my packs... my last one sold for $190... a number of collectors paid top dollar for them :x

With the Canada/Europe announcement it's looking like these won't be too hard to get at least,

MayorTortimer

May 27, 2018
You might want to wait, the furniture is from New Leaf and there is no indication that it will come to New Horizons. No furniture from New Leaf has been directly ported to New Horizons and we don't know if they will add new features to these cards yet.

That's a bit confusing! I will probably skip if it's just the posters, but I imagine that a lot of people will be confused since it definitely seems like (on the surface level) that all of the content would be compatible with NH.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
It's hard to believe they would re-release these without re-adding the villagers, and I just hope that they're just some of many that will be added in a large 2.0 update. It's still a bit crazy to me that New Horizons only added in 8 new villagers.