• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Watching a bit before bed, wife will want to watch it with me..so many dense gags and references will take a couple of watches to catch them all.

Haha, Alexa stop

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hard a hard laugh when Randy was gonna reveal the cure. The special was fine. I always have fun with episodes in the future.

Oct 25, 2017
That was actually really good. Loved the Bladerunner gag, had me dying every time. Audibly gasped at the cliffhanger and was shocked I didn't guess it sooner. Cartman's future self is comedy gold and I'll be disappointed if they don't reveal it to be one big "Gotcha!" at the end.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Cartman prediction his entire family are illusions ala Stan's Alexa and he gets the last laugh on kyahle

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Was not expecting this to just be part 1. Is there a release schedule for this?

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Great episode. Wonder if the December special will be the conclusion or if they're going to do a separate continuity for the Paramount episodes? I wouldn't be surprised if future Kenny shows up in the traditional episodes and actually succeeded in time traveling. Maybe a Loki parody.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Audibly gasped at the cliffhanger and was shocked I didn't guess it sooner.

I was wondering the entire time where Butters was, but I wasn't expecting that twist.

Was not expecting this to just be part 1. Is there a release schedule for this?

I think they've said the second one is due before the end of the year. I wonder if they'll wrap up the story in the second one or if all 14 specials are going to be one long story.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Future Cartman was great. Wonder when we will get part 2.

Next month.

Though no details have been revealed about the first film, Paramount+ also revealed that the second film is set to premiere in December

deadline.com

‘South Park: Post Covid’: Stan & Kyle Are Adults In First-Look Teaser For Paramount+’s Thanksgiving Movie Event – Update

Paramount+ has unveiled a trailer and premiere date for the first of two 'South Park' films, 'South Park: Post Covid.'

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think of that but you're totally right.

Finished it, it was good. Probably the most polished south park in ages.
It really felt like they packed so much nods to back episodes but still had a solid plot line that I think they were missing in recent seasons where it felt like they were just doing references to events in the last week/month instead of crafting their own stories

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Is the plan to release more specials than an actual season?

They have I believe 7 years of 2 "movies" on Paramount per year, and 1 more year of their HBO max contract. Matt Stone said in an interview a few months ago that they're going to do the specials and then the next season, so probably Q1-Q2 is my guess.

Hard to predict they're also apparently starting a 3rd game.

The way they produce normal episodes is all about in person momentum and that killed their workflow during the pandemic. But by January most employers have mandated vaccines so they should be back to normal.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Is the plan to release more specials than an actual season?

Viacom gave them a billion dollars for 14 Paramount+ exclusives and the main series has been renewed through season 30.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘South Park’ Creators Elaborate on Paramount+ Movies Plan, Reveal New Details (Exclusive)

Trey Parker and Matt Stone signed a $900 million ViacomCBS deal over the summer for 14 franchise projects specifically for the streaming service, two of which drop this year.

May 14, 2021
That was great. One of the most consistently good shows, which is amazing given how long they've been doing this.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
Disappointed this won't show up on hbo max at some point…

i really wonder about that "3rd game". They said they are developing "in-house" instead of with Ubisoft. Makes like 0 sense to me unless they're making their own game studio and shopping around for publishers.

Phone destroyer is technically the 3rd game anyway.

TrashyPanda

Oct 28, 2017
That was great. Really funny how they played on a Republican image of the future for laughs. Cartman was great, Alexa was awesome, and that shellfish pun was stupid enough to put me in stitches. I haven't watched South Park since their transphobic episode in 2019, but this was genuinely funny stuff.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places

i really wonder about that "3rd game". They said they are developing "in-house" instead of with Ubisoft. Makes like 0 sense to me unless they're making their own game studio and shopping around for publishers.

Well when they made the previous 2 games it was really co-produced. The art assets, music, story, voice acting, models were them and the game engine Obsidian/Ubisoft. With a billion dollars you could hire 20 game devs and do it all in house, especially if they want to keep doing it long term. It's not like you need a staff anywhere the size of RDR2 or Cyberpunk or Assassins Creed.

Lothar

Oct 25, 2017
It was very good, liked it a lot, and I didn't think too much of their last two hour specials, or the last season. Alexa was the stand out

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018

It definitely seems like Matt & Trey are fully going to make their own game studio. With that recent deal, they've mentioned putting their hands into a bunch of different creative endeavors. Video games is a logical step and they already have decent experience working in that space so it makes sense to do it in house.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
That's kind of a spoiler y'all but I admit it's not like a drama TV show weekly release kind of spoiler.

I bet somehow Cartman caused Butters to go crazy with holograms. When has Cartman not been the cause of fucking with butters?

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
I got a good solid five minute laugh at the new Cartman. And yes Victor has to be Butters. Also just in general did they get rid of Timmy?

Oct 25, 2017
I got a good solid five minute laugh at the new Cartman. And yes Victor has to be Butters. Also just in general did they get rid of Timmy?
Just a guess, but imagine the twist if it turned out the footprints at Tegridy Farms belonged to Timmy, who can now walk thanks to advances in the future. There's a reason they didn't show him, just like Butters.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Completely forgot about this whole deal. Like it well enough but would have liked to have known it was just a part 1. Glad T-Mobile did this deal for Paramount because the rest of the service doesn't look great.