• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
It's a little strange that in a family/ kids movie like this they make a reference to a rated R movie IT.
If a child has been anywhere remotely close to a Hot Topic in the past year they know exactly who Pennywise is

Also the joke works on multiple layers because if you don't know she's specifically referring to Pennywise, it still works as a generic "evil clown" gag. It's one of those "kids AND adults can appreciate it!" things.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
What's up with the graphics/art style? Reminds me of a PS3 game somehow lol

Great cast though!

Oct 25, 2017
If a child has been anywhere remotely close to a Hot Topic in the past year they know exactly who Pennywise is

Also the joke works on multiple layers because if you don't know she's specifically referring to Pennywise, it still works as a generic "evil clown" gag. It's one of those "kids AND adults can appreciate it!" things.
Yeah I get that but it's still pretty weird of them to do that.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty lifeless for an Adams Family trailer. And not in the good way!

Casting for Values was so spot on it was pretty crazy. As many have said it helps the movie is one of those hidden gems where you can just quote the hell out of it.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen Shrek recently but I probably should.
You should! It is insane the shit they put into Shrek. The characters cuss, there are dick size jokes, an implied masturbation joke, an oral sex joke... sometimes I wonder if the MPAA rated it PG purely because it's animated and they don't give a fuck about animated movies lol. By today's standards it seems more tame but for when it came out? IMO Dreamworks were the crown holder of putting multilayer/adult jokes into their movies, even going back to El Dorado with the implied blowjob scene.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like the voice actors don't match the characters at all

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
It's a little strange that in a family/ kids movie like this they make a reference to a rated R movie IT.

They always put dirty jokes in kids films. It makes the grown ups laugh and it makes the younger teenagers laugh too when they feel like they're in on a secret joke.

5a608f5ac5fb2_khcwmnau6vaz__700.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
You should! It is insane the shit they put into Shrek. The characters cuss, there are dick size jokes, an implied masturbation joke, an oral sex joke... sometimes I wonder if the MPAA rated it PG purely because it's animated and they don't give a fuck about animated movies lol. By today's standards it seems more tame but for when it came out? IMO Dreamworks were the crown holder of putting multilayer/adult jokes into their movies, even going back to El Dorado with the implied blowjob scene.
Ok now I really need to see it :P

FatBaby

Oct 25, 2017
I can already see it being brought up in this thread, but if you're gonna be doing an Addams Family movie, Gomez, at the VERY least, has to be as good if not better than Raul Julia. I realize that is an incredibly high bar to clear but it's the least anyone can do.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
That's cool I don't have any problem with the humor in the movies.

Oh I know. People are quick to call others prudes on here, that wasn't what I was trying to do. I'm just saying it's common practice.

The Madagascar movies actually do a lot of pretty dark violent jokes that you have to wonder how they managed to get it in a kids film (last 30 seconds of this clip).

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I know. People are quick to call others prudes on here, that wasn't what I was trying to do. I'm just saying it's common practice.

The Madagascar movies actually do a lot of pretty dark violent jokes that you have to wonder how they managed to get it in a kids film (last 30 seconds of this clip).

Lol, good stuff.

Oct 26, 2017
I like the art style (Wednesday's lightbulb head is going to take some getting used to) but that was a generic trailer.

Derenden

Oct 30, 2017
With THAT voice cast, I'm still mad that this is not Live action. Most of them are perfect for a new live action movie, it could have been amazing.

Still, this looks fun, so I'm intrigued.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Raul Julia and Angelica Houston spoiled us....

But I will give it a shot.

Fester's voice is terrible though.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Didn't know they had a lion.

Seems accurate to the comic design but the trailer wasn't all that funny or interesting, just feels kind of flat.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not know much about this show (Just watch first two movie) but They all are just Rich Weird Family right ?
The 1950's were full of TV shows like "Leave it to Beaver" about perfect, idealized American families.

1964's "Addams Family" (and "The Munsters", which aired at the same time on a rival network) was basically supposed to have a twist of being the exact opposite of those perfect families. They're basically evil. They live in a Haunted House. Gomez is rich because that removes any idea of consequence for their anti-social behavior.

But then, despite being a warped mirror image of the perfect American family, they still act like the stereotypical perfect American family. They try to get along with their neighbors. They take pride in the appearance of their home. Family means everything to them. They try to raise good (evil) kids. Gomez and Morticia love each other and work to keep their relationship aflame instead of taking it for granted.

It's not so much that they're rich and weird, but more that they're the anti-family. And at least since the 90's, they've actually had an odd sort of value for the old-fashioned positive family messages that American TV mostly gave up on and walked away from.

Amusingly, The Munsters (whose spin is that they're a family of Universal Movie Monsters) was actually made by the producers of Leave it to Beaver, right after Leave it to Beaver was cancelled. People were really hungry to go somewhere else and do something different. "Bewitched" was also made in 1964. "I Dream of Jeannie" was 1965.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
The 1950's were full of TV shows like "Leave it to Beaver" about perfect, idealized American families.

1964's "Addams Family" (and "The Munsters", which aired at the same time on a rival network) was basically supposed to have a twist of being the exact opposite of those perfect families. They're basically evil. They live in a Haunted House. Gomez is rich because that removes any idea of consequence for their anti-social behavior.

But then, despite being a warped mirror image of the perfect American family, they still act like the stereotypical perfect American family. They try to get along with their neighbors. They take pride in the appearance of their home. Family means everything to them. They try to raise good (evil) kids. Gomez and Morticia love each other and work to keep their relationship aflame instead of taking it for granted.

It's not so much that they're rich and weird, but more that they're the anti-family. And at least since the 90's, they've actually had an odd sort of value for the old-fashioned positive family messages that American TV mostly gave up on and walked away from.

Amusingly, The Munsters (whose spin is that they're a family of Universal Movie Monsters) was actually made by the producers of Leave it to Beaver, right after Leave it to Beaver was cancelled. People were really hungry to go somewhere else and do something different. "Bewitched" was also made in 1964. "I Dream of Jeannie" was 1965.

I mean they are all Human not Ghost/Monster ?

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean they are all Human not Ghost/Monster ?
Uh, maybe?

I mean, Uncle Fester has a thing where he puts a light bulb in his mouth, and it turns on, apparently because someone once tried to execute him with an electric chair and now he's got electricity running through him at all times (IIRC). There's probably a pretty good case to be made that Morticia is a witch (retired, settled down to become a homemaker). Wednesday and Pugsley often try to murder each other, and their parents let them go at it, because it's great fun and reminds them of their youth.

I expect that they're probably all immortal. They have likely received the blessings of the great Satan, but there's no way they'd be allowed to say that in 1964, not even in fiction.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Uh, maybe?

I mean, Uncle Fester has a thing where he puts a light bulb in his mouth, and it turns on, apparently because someone once tried to execute him with an electric chair and now he's got electricity running through him at all times (IIRC). There's probably a pretty good case to be made that Morticia is a witch (retired, settled down to become a homemaker). Wednesday and Pugsley often try to murder each other, and their parents let them go at it, because it's great fun and reminds them of their youth.

I expect that they're probably all immortal. They have likely received the blessings of the great Satan, but there's no way they'd be allowed to say that in 1964, not even in fiction.

There's an episode where Fester goes to the doctor in the 1960's show, and he has a temperature of like 30 degrees, and a heart beat of 1 per minute, and he eats mercury in a thermometer when given to him, which he enjoys and "fixes" him.

Oct 26, 2017
Morticia: Wednesday's at that that age when a young girl only has one thing on her mind

Ellen: Booys?

Wednesday: Homicide

Wednesday got some amazing lines in that film.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
As someone who'se seen and read everything Addams Family

Yep that's Addams family alright.